Rants & Raves

SHAME ON THOSE DOG OWNERS who did not pick up their dog poop. That’s required if you are going to go around the downtown area. Better not try that poop abandonment act around Augusta Common or First Saturday!

HOW WASTEFUL OF THOSE GRU higher-ups to buy up to $33,000 per desk type of furniture! Is this why they have such high student fees? That’s disgusting.

THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER not touch my Social Security or Medicare unless they refund every penny I’ve ever put in to those systems. That’s only fair. I have been saving quite conservatively on my own in my bank accounts, IRAs, etc. and can do so with *all* my monies. I’m not paying for Republican porks or perks or discounts to millionaire oil barons and businessmen.

YES, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH has had some horrible scandals and there is no excuse. However, the level to which the media has allowed the disgusting and disrespectful comments to continue at every level is really inexcusable, from the pope to the traditions. Even Pat Robertson and the Grahams make fun of Catholicism which is unacceptable.

NEXT ELECTION, VOTE out the entire Blythe City Council and especially the mayor. They haven’t done a single thing since they been in office. We still don’t have any sidewalks for our children to walk on, and no crossing guard at the elementary school.

I’M A BIT CONFUSED. It is OK for the federal and state governments to prohibit parents from marrying their children, to prohibit siblings from marrying each other, to prohibit close relatives from marrying each other, to prohibit polygamy, to prohibit people from marrying animals, and to prohibit people from marrying buildings Some woman wants to marry the Eiffel Tower. BUT it is not OK for the federal and state governments to prohibit same-sex marriages.

I WONDER IF THE First Lady will be attending the funeral of the murdered toddler in Georgia?

I WONDER HOW MANY of those people who showed up to get that food for free with all the bags and boxes really needed the food or did they just want another free handout.

WITH REGARD TO gay marriage, remember God didn’t destroy Sodom for serving 20 ounce sodas.

mrenee2003
mrenee2003 04/09/13 - 09:08 pm
I'm a bit confused

You can't marry a relative because couples who are related by blood have a higher chance of having children with genetic disorders. In states where people can marry close relatives, they have to receive genetic counseling. You can't marry an animal or a building because an animal or building cannot provide consent. There is no reason, other than intolerance, that homosexual people can't marry. Polygamists put bible thumpers, who are against homosexual marriages, in a real conundrum, don't they? I would love to see the party of limited government keep their noses out of personal business.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 09:42 pm
About the Ticket Buying Near the National

Okay, so we have a law that says tickets can't be bought and sold within 2700 ft of the National that is going to be strictly enforced. So if there is a building close to the course inside that radius doing brisk buys and sales, the people running the operation should be arrested?

Jake
Jake 04/09/13 - 11:12 pm
Maybe it's me

This site has lost something. Not sure what it is but something is missing. Does anyone else feel the same?

carcraft
carcraft 04/10/13 - 01:08 am
Welcome to the Bizzaro world of same sex marriage!

Should health insurers be legally required to offer infertility treatment for gay couples? Yes, according to a bill (AB 460) filed in the California legislature by assemblyman Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco). In fact, refusing to do so should be a crime.

Current California law requires group health plans to offer coverage for infertility treatments with the exception of in vitro fertilization (IVF). If such coverage is purchased, benefits must be paid whenever “a demonstrated condition recognized by a licensed physician and surgeon as a cause for infertility” has been diagnosed—or upon “the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year of regular sexual relations without contraception.” Thus, under current law, diagnosis of a physical reason for the inability to conceive or sire a child is not required. It is enough that a couple tried to get pregnant for a year and failed.

According to the fact sheet supporting AB 460, the trouble is that some insurance companies “are not complying with current law that prohibits discrimination” based on sexual orientation. Instead, they are denying infertility treatment benefits “based on [the policy holder’s] not having an opposite sex married partner in which to have one year of regular sexual relations without conception.” AB 460 would amend the law to add the following language:

Coverage for the treatment of infertility shall be offered and provided without discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic partner status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.

Now as Larry the cable guy would say "That's Funny"
Yes, lets keep the government out of it, unless we feel one of our "rights" may be being infringed upon, no matter how totally absured!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/10/13 - 05:34 am
Wasn't it George W. (R) that

Wasn't it George W. (R) that tried to give your more control over your social security? How quickly sheeple forget. I could be wrong, but I'm not, but he was blocked by democrats. Heck he even followed the Constitution and didn't issue an executive order whenever Congress went against him.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/10/13 - 05:37 am
Just reread post 3. Is this a

Just reread post 3. Is this a Democrat who wants to keep everything he/she worked for? How could you be so greedy? Come on... spread the wealth.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/10/13 - 06:02 am
I just checked CNN, NBC, and

I just checked CNN, NBC, and Fox. I didn't see anything about the Emperor calling for knife control. I did find one reference to a recent knife attack in China. Point there was the attacker wasn't trying to kill anyone. Does this mean that as long as we don't attempt to kill another that it's OK to shoot them??? Good thing I have to go back on the road again today, I getting confused again.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/13 - 06:16 am
Effect on Society of Same Sex Marriage

I heard this the other day on Rush to give credit where it’s due, but doesn’t same sex marriage attack the institution of marriage? We all know a father can’t marry his daughter because of laws against incest. That law prevents genetic defects from being passed on. But if same sex marriage is legal, a father could marry his son. That would allow estates to be passed on without taxes because the law permits spouses to receive everything without being taxed, but not children. Think this could cause havoc with our society?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/10/13 - 06:31 am
THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER not touch my Social Security or Medic

It seems the Democrats have awarded your Social Security and Medicare to anyone who has not worked or paid into it, including citizens of Mexico!! There's nothing left for the Republicans to take!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/13 - 06:28 am
RK, I just wish someone with

RK, I just wish someone with a gun had blown away the knife wielding man.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/10/13 - 06:28 am
Grandchildren

I think, just before I die, I'll marry my grandson, so he can have all my hard earned estate (chuckle) tax free!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/10/13 - 06:30 am
HOW WASTEFUL OF THOSE GRU higher-ups to buy up to $33,000 per de

You forgot to add sponsoring concerts by the Symphony Orchestra, those aren't cheap!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/10/13 - 06:41 am
To "...BETTER not touch my

To "...BETTER not touch my Social Security or Medicare..." Ranter.

Obviously you have become a spoon fed, brain washed, very Low information voter to think Republicans are the only problem in our Government.

Yes the system is BROKEN.
But the Liberals over 50 years bas****ized the systems to cover things they were never intended to cover, for votes.

The Liberals sold you, the public, on one idea and implemented another version with the same name. Much like YO-MA-CARE, was to cover the 20 million not covered by healthcare, but now 45 million have be exempted as political paybacks.

You do understand they siphoned off the collected funds in 1940's by 1st borrowing them then placing them in the US General Fund. Sounds like ARC & GA doesn't it? In the 1940 FDR & Harry T., both Liberal Democrats were in power.

Once the Social Security or Medicare money was in the General Fund they spend it without you knowing how much was SS or MC.

Since you are a low information voter programed to blame one party over the other. Think of the Liberals as a game of 3 card Monty.

They showed you the Queen, maybe let you win a card and then removed the Queen, but you are still playing, because they talk quick and move quicker.

BTW: The term Liberals is a code word for Socialist.
An too many Democrats act as Socialist, by enslaving you with free things, for the power that your vote gives them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 07:15 am
For some reason this song is on my mind

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Maybe cause RKill says he is back on the road this am...dunno..

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/13 - 07:18 am
Jake, We Didn't Know We Were Having Real Company :)

Jake, my friend’s, pronouncement that the site has lost something reminds me of the time my cousins and I had been outside cooking a hog over an open fire at the Aiken farm for about 3 days for a family reunion. We were drinking something out of a mason jar and the only water that had touched us had been from the hand pump over the well. The bathroom was that patch of ground over yonder. Clarence was playing the banjo, Cootie Boy his guitar and I shook the tambourine when the mood hit me.

When my uncle, the banker from Spartanburg, showed up with his wife, they took one look at us sitting on the drink crates and she said without even a hello, “These reunions have lost something.”

My Granddaddy said, “Well, we didn’t know we were going to have real company.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 07:22 am
Same sex....getting pregnant

The day will come when men can get pregnant...there is no reason in the world for females to have ALL of that enjoyment.....(cough cough)
With all the new medical miracles I'm sure someone will come up with some type of pouch a male can implant into his body just to carry an infant.....oh Lordy will that make my day....:)
You all know we have to have fairness in everything thing....equal under the law...The Dems will insist on this.....there is happiness in thinking that 1 day we will see Senators & Reps walking around Dc with a big belly & an aching back.....
pleeeeze let that happen.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 07:25 am
Well dang RM

Coldbeer is back...what more does Jake want from us....:)

He is missing the wiiiimmmmennnn on here...me too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 07:29 am
The Blues Brothers

Now...that is what I miss.....a bunch!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/13 - 07:32 am
SeenIt, we don't need more

SeenIt, we don't need more wimmen on here saying men should have to have the babies. I can't even IMAGINE that.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 07:33 am
Fair is fair

If men have babies, women have to agree to get kicked in the groin.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 07:52 am
HAH!

That would be the best birth control we could ever come up with...I can see RKill stopping every 5 miles for a bathroom break....& you River having to dock that boat .......& JTF running off the golf course to look for the outhouse thingy....btw is JTF at the beautiful Masters this week??

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/13 - 07:52 am
JTF, you have a way with

JTF, you have a way with words.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 08:02 am
Mild & cozy version of AC

Now yall know that AC wants us on our best behavior.....there won't be any cussing--moaning--groaning this week.......we gotta act like we have some sense.... yaknow....some reeel bringing up sense...haha...too bad KSM & Trouble have been missing on here...I'm sure the out-of-towners would love to hear our HONEST opinions.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 08:08 am
Masters

Be there Friday. After the bad weather...I hope.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 08:10 am
RM1

Women make a big deal out of birthing a baby, but the well placed kick to the man berries is way more painful.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 08:12 am
Just wondering JTF

Since you know so much about golf......who do you think the leaders will be this week......I sure would like to see Freddie Couples come in the top 3........still luv to watch that guy..

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 08:16 am
Sorry, no Freddie

You never know. No one would have picked Bubba last year. If your life were on the line, you would have to pick Tiger. I hope he comes in second..... to most anybody.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 08:16 am
OOOHH now you know I can't let this slip by

Women make a big deal out of birthing a baby

Hahah...try pushing a watermelon out of that appendage in front of ya !!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 08:16 am
HA....evidently you haven't

HA....evidently you haven't birth a baby JTF!

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 08:19 am
ICL

True, but, this I know. A year or so after having a baby, the women says I think I will have another one. A year after getting kicked in the groin, I have never heard the man say, hey, give me another one!