Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FEDERAL JUDGE TERRY WOOTEN ruled that S.C. kids cannot enjoy their own state heritage and history –­ i.e., he won’t let kids wear T-shirts with Confederate flags on them. Wooten should move north as soon as possible.

YES, SHAME ON OBAMA for using a human tragedy to create a dog and pony show designed to further his unconstitutional agenda. He should have created a commission to address mental/emotional health.

OBAMA ‘PLEADS’ for more gun control. Why, since gun control laws are the opposite of the Second Amendment? Because all despots do it. Despotism won’t work as long as citizens can fend off tyrannical government.

A LITTLE GIRL, NEARLY 2, was mauled to death by her family’s SEVEN pit bulldogs. The family says the dogs were never aggressive; but genes usually win out. How can anybody keep seven pit bulldogs in their yard and not expect tragic trouble? It’s as intelligent as keeping a few “friendly” tigers in your house.

AW, GEEZ. WHAT a shame. Now I won’t be able to bring my gun to church or wear it to my university class. I feel deprived. Doggone the Georgia legislature.

ONLY AN IDIOT MAKES a budget that “projects a deficit.” That means you will spend money you ain’t got. And yet, modern politicians love spending money so much, they ALWAYS “project a deficit.” The Augusta Housing Authority has apparently learned this socialist game from the feds. They believe the money they’re spending is THEIR PERSONAL MONEY and they can blow it any way they like.

INFLATION IS RIGHTLY called the cruelest tax, for it hits the poorest hardest. No scheme in history tops the massive transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the elite’s sanctimonious billionaire environmental cabal, whose science cannot be proved or disproved.

‘HE IS RISEN.’ The phrase that sets Christianity apart from all other religions.

THE U.S. MILITARY IS IN Afghanistan, one of the last truly primitive areas of the world. The U.S. should pull out and leave the savages to fight among themselves.

RAVES FOR THE vision and consideration of repurposing the King and Sibley Mills for GRU.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 09:54 am
Sweetson, sounds nice. I've

Sweetson, sounds nice. I've been there a few times.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 09:57 am
Ok RM

AR and what? And B4 - a Waffle house haha - I told you I live in the woods! Not even a Subway!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 09:58 am
Just a taste of what sweetson is enjoying...love this

Beautiful...enjoy that view....if you get a chance RM read Thomas Sowell's article in the AJC....he says What media won't tell you; guns save lives....very interesting & true...many guns pulled prevent a crime...we never hear about that in the news....

gotta run now.....need some fixin ...:)

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/09/13 - 10:32 am
Adelaide!

I stand corrected on the name! If that hot tub had a little more cover I might be tempted! LOL! Some years ago four Red Hat ladies staying next door caught me in the tub without a suit or a towel. They had a big time at my expense. I just shoulda stood up!!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/13 - 01:33 pm
What is gonna be the Emperors

What is gonna be the Emperors administrations knee jerk reaction to the latest college campus violence. A total ban on knives?

I can see it now.... Your meal should be out in about 4 hours. Since Obama took our knives away it just takes for ever to slice that steak with a spoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Jake
Jake 04/09/13 - 01:50 pm
Recent Visit

I wish everyone the best during Masters week.
Broad St was really jumping on the Saturday night I was there at the Whiskey Bar. Good wings. Lots of young folks out and about. It was good to see a lot of activity down there.
All of the golf courses I played were in excellent shape and the green fees were quite a bargain. This week that will change for sure.
It was good to see Sarge again and be accompanied by itsanotherday. We had a good time talking and it was encouraging to see Sarge looking pretty good.
No comment about the local drivers except to say we all have bad ones in whatever community we live in.
My sons wedding at the Marion Hatcher center went very well thanks to the coordinator, Bea, and I also enjoyed talking with Fire Chief Beard.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 02:26 pm
We grew up at the tournament - back in the day

Daddy was a Pinkerton - I always knew where we'd try to be in the April of each year. Daddy didn't do the work for money, all he wanted to do was play the course! And he did. Y'all have fun! And Condi Rice on the course - such fun!

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/09/13 - 04:52 pm
Just heard of the Texas Campus Stabbings

Whomever the brave students were that stopped the nut case, they should be awarded Medals. They are real heroes.

But the problem is the students heroic actions and the fact that it was a stabbing and no gun was involved. Because of a lack of a gun it does not fit in with our presidents anti-gun agenda or his political party goals. They do not have time for heroes. But if there was a gun....

OH! Wait, the police haven't search his room yet. So maybe a GUN will show up, rumored or be planted.

Or maybe the Anti-Gun groups will just spin it and say the limit gun control laws in place worked and kept him from getting a gun and then say we need more controls.

Who knows anymore what or who to trust, or "maybe" telling the whole truth?

BUT

This situation once again shows GUNS are NOT the root of the problem.

The real problem is the growing number of deadly mental cases walking around loose in our society, that should be back in secured facilities being examined and treated.

It should be plain to see, nut cases will use pencils, scissors, forks, knives, swords, baseball bats, nails, poison, or gas and road flares to accomplish their quest for notorious immortality.

Before we even speak of the GUN Control again, before we start violating the rights of honest people. We need to address the growing mental illness problem in our country.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 04:53 pm
Did ya'll see the video

Attached to this site? Scared me - Sean - what was that???? Katrina, etc.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 04:56 pm
Sean

What's going on? Has someone stepped into your place - That video on this site was scary! Are you there - need a Bloody Mary?

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 04/10/13 - 06:36 am
@ lilly

I am out on the course editing photos all week. Send me an email if you have any questions.

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.