Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FEDERAL JUDGE TERRY WOOTEN ruled that S.C. kids cannot enjoy their own state heritage and history –­ i.e., he won’t let kids wear T-shirts with Confederate flags on them. Wooten should move north as soon as possible.

YES, SHAME ON OBAMA for using a human tragedy to create a dog and pony show designed to further his unconstitutional agenda. He should have created a commission to address mental/emotional health.

OBAMA ‘PLEADS’ for more gun control. Why, since gun control laws are the opposite of the Second Amendment? Because all despots do it. Despotism won’t work as long as citizens can fend off tyrannical government.

A LITTLE GIRL, NEARLY 2, was mauled to death by her family’s SEVEN pit bulldogs. The family says the dogs were never aggressive; but genes usually win out. How can anybody keep seven pit bulldogs in their yard and not expect tragic trouble? It’s as intelligent as keeping a few “friendly” tigers in your house.

ONLY AN IDIOT MAKES a budget that “projects a deficit.” That means you will spend money you ain’t got. And yet, modern politicians love spending money so much, they ALWAYS “project a deficit.” The Augusta Housing Authority has apparently learned this socialist game from the feds. They believe the money they’re spending is THEIR PERSONAL MONEY and they can blow it any way they like.

INFLATION IS RIGHTLY called the cruelest tax, for it hits the poorest hardest. No scheme in history tops the massive transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the elite’s sanctimonious billionaire environmental cabal, whose science cannot be proved or disproved.

‘HE IS RISEN.’ The phrase that sets Christianity apart from all other religions.

THE U.S. MILITARY IS IN Afghanistan, one of the last truly primitive areas of the world. The U.S. should pull out and leave the savages to fight among themselves.

RAVES FOR THE vision and consideration of repurposing the King and Sibley Mills for GRU.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/13 - 08:08 pm
About Gun Laws

You ranted: "AW, GEEZ. WHAT a shame. Now I won’t be able to bring my gun to church or wear it to my university class. I feel deprived. Doggone the Georgia legislature."

It sounds like you should be aware that those who have emotional problems can't take a gun anywhere.

carcraft
carcraft 04/08/13 - 08:20 pm
If gun control laws worked

If gun control laws worked Chicago would be one of the safest cities in the US!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 06:23 am
Good Morning...

A guy walks into the local welfare office for his monthly check. He marches straight up to the Desk sits down and says, "Hi. You know, I just HATE coming in here drawing welfare month after month. I'd really much rather have a job".

The welfare worker behind the desk says, "Your timing is excellent. We just got a job opening from a very wealthy old man who wants a chauffeur -bodyguard for his nymphomaniac daughter. You'll have to drive around in his Mercedes, but he'll supply all of your clothes. Because of the long hours, meals will be provided. You'll be expected to escort her on her overseas holiday trips. You'll have a two-bedroom apartment above the garage. The starting salary is $100,000 a year."

The guy says, "You're Joking!"

The welfare worker says, "Yeah, well, you started it."

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 06:29 am
Have we lost our minds...with this

But low pants down past you know what is ok???

What country are we in now.....geez...our last dab of sense has left the building...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 07:03 am
A Subway opened ....

To Masters Visitors...

We don't always get excited over a restaurant opening.....it doesn't always go on the most discussed list.....we are just lacking our usual juicy material on here......blood-sweat-guts type stuff.... I think AC is skeeeered to put it on right now...hahah

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/09/13 - 07:05 am
Canopy

Well, RM, as usual, they cut off our discussion by pulling the R&R from the "Most Discussed" list yesterday afternoon. Here is where we left it:

Hey, RM, why don't you just be a good citizen (subject?) and plant some trees on your riverfront property within twenty-five feet of the riverbank? They will grow up and provide a cooling canopy over the river and you will be known far and wide as an environmentally co-operative person.

Yesterday

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/09/13 - 07:11 am
Federal Gun Control

Speaking of gun control, has everyone forgotten that we are supposed to be a republic of various states, each one with different laws? We don't need no stinkin’ nationwide assault weapons ban. If the people of Connecticut or Colorado want to ban large ammunition clips, let ’em. In fact, they have already banned them.

If the people of Georgia or Texas want to leave large ammunition clips legal, let us.

It's democracy in action, laboratories of democracy, and all that jazz.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 07:22 am
Gun control

What a crock..

The Feds can control gun control about like they control border crossings---I was just reading about crime in Chicago & how useless it is ....more deaths than most cities.....but here we go again ..the majority will pay a price for the few idiots with guns...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 07:28 am
Gotta laugh sometimes...

A man is walking down the beach and comes across an old bottle.
He picks it up, pulls out the cork and out pops a genie. The genie says "Thank you for freeing me from the bottle. In return I will grant you two wishes." The man says "Great. I always dreamed of this and I know exactly what I want. First, I want a brand new red Ferrari right here." Phoof! There is a flash of light and abright red brand-new Ferrari appears right next to him. He continues, "Finally, I want to be irresistible to women." Phoof!There is a flash of light and he turns into a credit card.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/13 - 07:36 am
Confederate t-shirts

Was that ruling about wearing them in school? If so, then I understand, but the schools need to outlaw any shirt with a message.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/13 - 07:39 am
Dittos

To the last two; the "Mills Project" will truly advance GRU status and downtown, and let the Afghanis eat opium.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/13 - 07:50 am
Gun Control

Is using both hands and hitting your target.

R/R's with some substance during the first full week of April??? Keep dreaming. Even Sean can't help us with that one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 07:54 am
Hahh RKill

Sean is busy hob nobbing---drinking & dining with the elite at YOU KNOW WHERE.......I doubt he will even think about us this week..heh

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/09/13 - 08:04 am
Spotted Photos

Question. Why are SO many multiple photos posted? If multiple people are taking pictures, that could still be avoided. I'm sure you have to do some screening. The section could be cut by way more than half if so many of virtually the same photo wouldn't be posted.

Mr. Cocaine & Caviar t-shirt. Some example to that young child in front of you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/13 - 08:10 am
Dunbarton

Was it taken by SRS or Ft. Gordon? TOP HEADLINES says Ft. Gordon, but I believe they meant Pinetucky.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/09/13 - 08:17 am
Old Dunbarton was absorbed by

Old Dunbarton was absorbed by SRS, along with Ellenton.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/09/13 - 08:20 am
"geez...our last dab of sense

"geez...our last dab of sense has left the building..."

We have apparently reached the point where our masters feel we need a law, a rule, a regulation for EVERY LITTLE THING. It's time to tear it all down and start over again.

I understand Obama's budget proposal even wants to set a limit on how much YOU can save for retirement OUT OF YOUR OWN MONEY. They actually want to set a limit on retirement savings. We are no longer a free country. When the president of this country even THINKS about proposing a limit on how much money you can save for your retirement, it's time for the ultimate change.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/09/13 - 08:33 am
Ref the Obama Dog & Pony Show using kids

for gun control, I am confused here?

He wants gun control to protect our children, but is against arming teachers or properly training and willing school personal.

He supports late term abortion that kills viable babies as late as 8 months into a pregnancy.

But wants to protect children from criminals by banning lawful owners from acquiring a weapon to protect their families which include children.

He wants Gun Control laws that have ZERO relevancy to the cause of the school shooting, which is dangerous and seriously Mentally ill people. But then supports releasing dangerous mentally ill people into society because of their constitutional rights. But then has no problem stepping all over the US Constitution's 2nd amendment which is there to protect us from the nut jobs and dangerous things?

The Social Democrat / Liberal Agenda is sooooooo confusing.

I also wonder why The Social Democrat / Liberals never bring kids to an abortion rally to promote Abortion? They use them to promote every thing else.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 08:44 am
Down hill from there

I knew we were in very, very deep trouble when the president told us we didn't build our businesses! He thinks so differently than most Americans - not you Techfan.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 08:47 am
LL, Riverbanks

LL, thanks for looking up those laws. Actually, I found in what you printed several places where it allows the riverbank to be trimmed of vegetation as long as some type of vegetation cover is used. This is the part talking about homes and I’m pretty sure they are talking about having grassy lawns as the cover. Leaving the big trees to provide a canopy for shade most agree with. Trees provide a nice afternoon shade for the sitting area on my dock. Who would want to cut them?

Again, the rules for the homes at the lake are much different. The intent there is to keep the buffer natural while for the river it is clearly much different with manicured lawns down to the river being acceptable because preventing erosion is the goal.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 08:59 am
SeenIt, whatdayathink is

SeenIt, whatdayathink is going to happen? Something big in Richmond Cty and I don't mean the Masters.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/09/13 - 09:02 am
RM

Another Subway? heheh

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 09:20 am
Lilly, nope. This ain't about

Lilly, nope. This ain't about the Subway crowd. Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 09:21 am
SeenIt, whatdayathink is

Welll I don't think it is another Waffle House out near you RM.....maybe near Lilly though...:)
Whatever it is I hope it blows the socks off of us....kinda news that makes us say......OMG OMG....Geez--I never saw that coming...

Dang...I hope it isn't Obama coming to the Masters type news...

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/09/13 - 09:24 am
Rany # 1.....

YOU need to move North. You'll surely get a lesson, well deserved, in manners! But, I'll betcha you'll need medical insurance.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 09:29 am
I know who the last person in

I know who the last person in the media to know will be. Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 09:38 am
Just read

Newspapers get boost from digital.....circulation growing & they are transforming the news.....well now..I would say posters are helping with that interest...

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/09/13 - 09:40 am
Sitting on the Porch!

At Outback Rentals Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Just enjoying the view from the Adeline Villa! Would love for Seenit, Riverman and CGeorge to be here with me and the Queen!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/13 - 09:42 am
Coulda woulda shoulda sweetson

My invite musta been lost in the mail...dang that!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/09/13 - 09:49 am
Love Master's Week

Love Master's Week because everyone in town thinks they don't have to work hard and puts off things for a week. I grilled yesterday outside and checked out my cherry blossom and dogwood trees blooming at the same time. That's unusual.

Smith case referred to Attorney General's office

A state probe into allegations former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith moonlighted for a hospitality company while drawing his Georgia State Patrol salary will be reviewed by the state attorney ...