Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I BELIEVE IN same-sex marriage. I believe people should have sex with the same person they married and no one else.

I HAVE NEVER registered to vote because I understood that it would open me to jury duty. Now with the rule changes last year, I received a jury duty notice. I will still never register to vote. So take that, you Republicans.

THAT LAWYER DID commit a wrong by holding on to such an expensive item. Just turn it on in to the sheriff’s office!

RICARDO AZZIZ, please go away. And don’t come back another day. You’ve taken our colleges and changed the names. And now their merits hang on your wall of fame. And say, can‘t you see? Augusta is not your place to be?

IF THE GREENJACKETS have been so successful in Augusta, why do they need to move from Augusta? I am a North Au­gustan who does not want the GreenJackets on our side of the river.

THE LOCAL STADIUM situation cannot be compared to what’s in Atlanta. Our Lake Olm­stead Stadium is fine for what’s here. I can see why North Augusta and Aiken do not have the millions to front a huge percentage of the cost, just like Augusta cannot afford that. Besides, I think it’s a nice kick for those poor folks living near Lake Olmstead to see free fireworks.

IT’S A SHAME THE former military teacher got only probation and a wee fine for having sex with someone who’s a student and under 18. It’s bad enough in other countries when parents marry off a daughter extra young to someone.

THE LOVE OF SPORTS means that 18 young men/older boys should not be punished for illegally partaking of liquor far from home? Where are your values, people?

THE WAR IN IRAQ made a lot of insider Repub­licans and conservatives rich. It is estimated that more than 250,000 Iraq civilians have been killed. Do conservatives have no shame?

EVERYTHING I READ IN the paper always says GRU; you never put the “A” on the end. Why?

I AM A NATURALIZED American citizen, and even I know that President Obama does not have the authority to close the White House. It comes under parks. For that person who wants to blame the president for something that he has nothing to do with, you need to get acquainted with how things are run in your nation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/13 - 11:23 am
Seniors will have to unite & march

We can have freebies to support babies that some only want for a meal ticket but the seniors healthcare will fall by the wayside.....a system they worked & supported for years with deductions from pay check & now this.....I have to stop reading the news because it really makes me sick..

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/05/13 - 11:23 am
SweetSon, I too believe any

SweetSon, I too believe any consulting about school security should be done via the Sheriff's Office and not with paid consultants.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/13 - 11:29 am
sweetson

I too love Miss Kay...she livens up that show....I bet she was something in her younger days.....great lady imo....sassy & funny sense of humor.....
I loved it when she invited herself to that bowling adventure,,,hahaha

Gotta go now....GOB has a few surprises today.....lol...we will make up for what we didn't get in to yesterday.....because of rain....sometimes I feel like a Miss Kay myself....gotta love the good ole boys!!!♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/05/13 - 12:06 pm
High Administrators

We hear so much about how the higher paid administrators of various types in the county work so hard, then we find out about their second careers they run on the side with businesses that benefit from their positions with the county. I use to hear how hard Fred Russell worked and come to find out he had a business on the side renting tents and what have you to communities for special events.

I have absolutely no problems with police officers working specials and other city workers doing part time work. They help officers gain some extra income while providing more police protection for the county at no cost to taxpayers. But administrators shouldn't be allowed that potential conflict of interest luxury of having an emergency fire repair business or a security business on the side.

justthefacts
20251
justthefacts 04/05/13 - 12:36 pm
Adding to Dichotomy's Post

9.5 million Americans have lost employment since Obama took office. Nice job Obama voters.

justthefacts
20251
justthefacts 04/05/13 - 12:38 pm
RM1

Have you seen "Olympus has Fallen"? I believe you would like it. Hey, somebody has to take Roger Ebert's job.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/05/13 - 04:08 pm
JTF, ha, you are the next

JTF, ha, you are the next Ebert. I remember when it was Siskel and Ebert. Olympus sounds like an exciting movie. I read the IMD review and get the idea. It's highly rated. The disgraced guy is the only one who can save things. That works in a lot of situations.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/05/13 - 05:09 pm
Is it 5:00 yet?

Spring Break, the Masters. Life is good!!!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/05/13 - 06:45 pm
B4 My GOB

Planted red Lilly's in my garden. He said he wanted me to save my strength for later! Haha Fun times,

Mother tries to conceal newborn's birth

Cierra Y'Kesia Simms, 22, initially told Richmond County Sheriff's deputies about 7 a.m. Wednesday that she had discovered the baby on the ground behind the Masonic Temple on Wrightsboro Road, ...