Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RAVE TO the Richmond County road department employee responsible for making sure all of the manhole covers are in the travel path of traffic. They must also own a front-end alignment shop.

TO THE MORON WHO broke into my car and stole my laptop while I was returning something at Old Navy: I’m glad you realize that I work hard to buy things just so you can take them from me. I hope you find all the plans I had for my wedding in my bag useful. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

WHAT BRIGHT LIGHT decided to stop mosquito spraying in Richmond County? I understand funding is an issue, and many states and counties are in financial stress. Mosquitoes cause many diseases including West Nile virus, encephalitis, yellow fever and malaria. These are life-threatening diseases.

PICKUP DRIVERS, do you really think when you throw trash in the bed of your truck that it’s not going to fly out while you’re driving?

GRU WON’T GIVE ITS hard-working, understaffed nurses raises or incentives, but you can bet President Ricardo Azziz gets his hefty paycheck. Don’t think this nurse isn’t looking for work elsewhere.

I’M SO GLAD A CHILD molester and well-known thief/burglar is off the streets and in prison where they truly should be. It makes Alden Drive area a much nicer place to live for certain. Thanks, Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

COMCAST IS THE biggest hypocrite in the world when they ban advertising by gun and ammo merchants but yet they run a massive number of shows showing gun violence which is very graphic. Why don’t they ban the shows which influence people to violence instead of banning advertising by merchants who sell guns and ammo?

THE DEMOCRATIC budget plan cuts nothing but raises taxes. The GOP plan “balances the budget within 10 years without boosting taxes.” What’s wrong here? “Without boosting taxes” does not cut taxes, which must be done or nothing will improve. To set a date of 10 years in the future for a balanced budget gives them nine years to steal more from the taxpayer. Both parties are hopelessly lost, hopeless crooked.

MISCELLANEOUS arraignments only once a month? Keeping people in jail on the taxpayer dime because you’re too lazy to arraign prisoners more than once a month?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/04/13 - 07:34 am
#2

I'm truly sorry for your burglary and car damage; but let this be a reminder to everyone.

Don't leave valuables in plain sight in your vehicle. It only takes a low life thief a few seconds to pop a window, grab it and go.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/04/13 - 07:40 am
#8- Dems and Pubs

Welcome to the club of people who are fed up with the lot of them. I increasingly find myself voting for the lesser of evils rather than someone I truly support.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 04:46 pm
countyman make south Augusta all it can be

Start with beautiful parks south of the Gordon Hy...

pelumaad
pelumaad 04/04/13 - 08:12 am
itsanotherday

We agree...in principle, at least. I'm fed up with voting for center right folks in the absence of a true left. I value co-operation and brotherhood over "free markets" and illusions of individuality. Does that make me a terrible person?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/04/13 - 08:18 am
No pulumadd, it doesn't make you a terrible person.

It just makes you a politically misguided one from where I'm standing. You have many fellow travelers who view things the same way, as do I with my views; and that is why we have political platforms and parties.

Otherwise, I'm sure you are a fine person; good neighbor, good friend, etc. Politiics don't define the individual.

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/04/13 - 09:24 am
Sweet son
Sweet son 04/04/13 - 09:41 am
Just watched Duck Dynasty from last night!

Hilarious when Miss Kay went bowling with John Luke and Sadie. Her "sex" lesson to the kids was so funny but even funnier is when she stated that the bowling balls were as big as her bosom!!! LOL! Gotta love 'em! Right Seenit?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/04/13 - 09:42 am
Redneck Top Gun

About trash blowing out the back of pick-ups, I’m reminded of the movie, Top Gun, where the jet cut in the after burners and the spiraling smoke and heat shot out the back from both engines. There’s a redneck beauty of a pick-up going down the highway with leaves spiraling out on both sides from the back.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/04/13 - 09:47 am
"WHAT BRIGHT LIGHT decided to

"WHAT BRIGHT LIGHT decided to stop mosquito spraying in Richmond County? "

Maybe the Mayor, DDA, and others can use this in their public relations and advertising campaigns.

"Come to Augusta and roll the dice with West Nile Virus. Yes, it's the wettest spring in a decade but we have NO concern for public health. We zeroed out funding for mosquito control but we pay our new black sheriff and solicitor top dollar, not to mention all of the other stupid stuff we waste money on and get ripped off for by our Procurement Office. And if you really want to see a FAIL environment wait until you see our school system. Don't worry about those pesky mosquitoes. They are the least of our problems."

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/04/13 - 10:46 am
Richmond County Employees With Business on the Side

I am continually amazed when I hear about supposedly hard working Richmond County employees who run businesses, often directly related to their field, on the side.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 01:59 pm
THE DUCKS...very interesting pics

Straight from the Log cabin democrat---alan english

read the funny comments...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 02:03 pm
sweetson

Look at the pics when they were much younger & without beards....they don't look like the same people...lol....

seeyall later..

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/04/13 - 03:05 pm
Hey B4

The Duck guys are GOBs

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/04/13 - 03:18 pm
B4

Saw the comments Thankfully, we have like minded people around us and tx for the gardens Fixin to plant!

countyman
countyman 04/04/13 - 04:55 pm
Might want to look in the mirror!

Dichotomy... For somebody who is quick to complain about the black commissioners bringing up the race card.

Many of your comments always have something to do with race. Whether it's black males with dreads, or your earlier comment were you made sure to put the word 'black' in front of the sheriff. I think the citizens of Augusta know the sheriff is black already, and dreads are nothing but a hairstyle.

Seenitb4. The Diamond Lakes Regional Park is located south of Gordon HWY.

The Lombard Mill Trail opened in 2011, and it will be expanded in the future. The city is building the 36 acre Butler Creek Trailhead Park, and this will help form the Butler Creek Greenway. The Lombard Mill Trail, Butler Creek Trailhead Park, Fort Gordon, and Phinizy Swamp Nature Park will all connect in the future.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 04:47 pm
Flower gardens

LIlly...I hope I can get started this week on planting some flower beds too..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 05:06 pm
countyman

I'm talking about gardens of flowers....they could go in shopping centers...beds of flowers....small trees in the beds also....color--fragrance--we are a product of our surroundings.....what we see--live & breathe everyday has a big impact on our disposition....not to mention it would freshen the air also....now some would say how would we take care of them--water & etc....well I would suggest some teens on punishment duties could spend some time instead of wasting hours doing nothing..

Anyway if it cost money to keep a crew busy it would be money well spent....we are influenced with positive views & positive words.....we need to try some different actions in the sections of town that are lacking ........
You know what I'm talking about..just like the words on here...

countyman
countyman 04/04/13 - 05:09 pm
South Augusta

A couple of the T-Splost projects(i.e Gordon Hwy/Deans Bridge intersection) will improve the landscaping in South Augusta.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 05:16 pm
Glad to hear that

Too bad I don't live near the place....I could volunteer some time...just wonder if some churches would get involved with a project....the Regency Mall area could be spruced up if the city ever gets around to owning the place.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 05:36 pm
Fragrant flowers & shrubs

A childhood memory of mine is walking in my granmamas yard with roses--flowering apple trees--tea olives--crabapples--babys breath shrubs....the fragrance is still in my mind even today I can still smell & feel the good feelings I had ...just a kid but it made an impact...

A banana shrub too...I even have one in my backyard because of her yard..:)

goodnight folks..

KSL
KSL 04/04/13 - 08:17 pm
Wow

Just reading the headlines. I hope next week's headlines can and will be different.