Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

DON’T LIKE AGGRESSIVE drivers? Then get out of my way!

ATTENTION, ANYONE planning on committing murder in Georgia or South Carolina: Maryland has just abolished its death penalty. Please commit your crime there.

MANY PEOPLE ARE very concerned with animal rescue, and lots of people are doing lots of work to improve conditions for animals in the Augusta area. When a rescue organization is licensed by the state, however, it must follow specific rules and regulations that truly benefit the animals.

AUGUSTA-RICHMOND County will improve only when we change the way it is run. All of the Augusta Commission should be “at large” instead of representative of individual parts of Augusta. They must commit to working to improve all of Augusta, not pit one area against the other.

I’M PROUD TO BE A Southern, straight, legal, working American! That just about covers it.

WHOEVER HIRED Ricardo Azziz should buy out his contract and send him wherever he wants to go so MCG doesn’t get damaged anymore.

TO WHOEVER PAID MY family’s bill at the Chop House, thank you so much! None of us saw who you were, so we very might well know you. But either way, your act was beyond an act of kindness. It really made my mother’s birthday special. We will, of course, pay it forward!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE explain the purpose of building fancy houses in the poor Laney-Walker neighborhood, like the Pine Street area? How many of those houses are really being lived in now? If those $110,000-plus houses can be bought by poor families, exactly who had to pay all that money? I sure hope the new Twiggs Street area will be developed with more affordable and smaller selections possible.

RANT FOR THE NEW parking deck in downtown Augusta. It has the worst design for flow of vehicles I’ve ever experienced and is an embarrassment to the idea of efficient infrastructure.

WHILE VISITING IN THE community of Evans, my truck was hit. The person was kind enough to leave a note and phone number. However, it does no good if you don’t return my calls. You know who you are. If you can live with this, so can I. It will hurt you more than me.

Dudeness
Dudeness 04/03/13 - 12:19 pm
Don't like drivers who try to

Don't like drivers who try to follow the speed limit, or just aren't exceeding the limit to your desires? Then go around or quit breaking the law.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/03/13 - 01:03 pm
Dudeness

and that's when the danger begins! Road Rage, Cut Offs and brake requirements.

countyman
20631
countyman 04/03/13 - 01:09 pm
Laney Walker progress

The money going into Laney Walker is from the hotel/motel tax. The people definitely can't spin this one, because the nice hotels are located downtown/West Augusta.

happychimer
happychimer 04/03/13 - 01:20 pm
If I want to go the speed

If I want to go the speed limit or 5 miles over, then nobody is going to make me go faster. They can go around me. Following too close will not make me go faster either.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/13 - 01:23 pm
ok happy

If I am behind you I will just go around & wave to ya.....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/13 - 01:25 pm
happy

Can you just put a happy face on the back of your car so we will know it is actually you in there.....so we won't get in a fluff & hurry...:)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/03/13 - 01:42 pm
Smilie

Or you could make the mouth of the smilie face a snake, and we really would know it was you.

:-)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/03/13 - 01:41 pm
SeenIt, did you see the pics

SeenIt, did you see the pics of Mayor Riley viewing our dump?

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/03/13 - 01:45 pm
ALDI Ads

Thanks Sean! I guess it's not the back button, but to go to other pages...they're all covered up by the ALDI ads, TWO of them???

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/13 - 01:48 pm
Rambo

LLamb...I will meet rambo next time I'm in town....she promised me & said she would keep him in her purse....

No RM..I missed the dump pic....hold my hand & lead me to it please...thanks.

Darby
Darby 04/04/13 - 11:46 am
Can I add my own rant here...

I just read that Obama is taking a five percent pay cut to show solidarity with workers who have to face furloughs because of the dreaded "sequester".

I'd much rather he keep his full $400,000.00 and take an extended furlough instead. He might also recommend that congress follow suite.

Think of all the damage that would NOT be done to the country during that time.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/03/13 - 05:22 pm
Strangely enough, doesn't

Strangely enough, doesn't changing the President's pay violate the constitution? Even when he means well (smh) he can't help but wipe his butt with the constitution.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/13 - 05:45 pm
ck it

Check out the planned apartments article..it is getting interesting....
gotta go ....see yall later..

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/03/13 - 05:46 pm
No one should be going over

No one should be going over the speed limit except for emergency vehicles or a person in a life and death emergency. The passing lane is for emergency vehicles and passing; stay out of the passing lane except to pass at the legal speed. Pass on the left, not the right. Do not change lanes while a person is parallel to you in the next lane, forcing them to slow down. Use your signals to indicate you are switching lanes or turning BEFORE you switch or turn, if the signals aren't on until you are already switching lanes, you have moved over too quickly. Do not tailgate people that are passing others at the legal speed limit. You are just making it more difficult for them to safely pass the slower vehicle.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/03/13 - 06:24 pm
Covered "Back" button?

Hit ALT and the left arrow.

Learned in the days before mouse or touch screens. I'd still have my Tandy 1000 except they quit making the rawhide wrapped flints used in my power supply.

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/03/13 - 08:01 pm
@SeenitB4

Don't ever worry I will never follow anyone else but you. You are my main bud on R&R and I will never forsake you for others!!!! :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/04/13 - 05:17 am
sweetson

You have great taste in posters...the ole south Augusta folks can't be beat....♥