Rants & Raves

I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND everyone that there are many nice people everywhere you go in Augusta. On March 15, my sister and I went to the first afternoon showing of Oz, the Great and Powerful. After getting our ticket and ordering our refreshments, what a nice surprise to be told it had already been paid for. I’ve heard about such things happening but never has it happened to us. It made our day and we are so appreciative of such kindness. We will certainly pay it forward.

RAVE FOR CHAD AT Vision Center for his great service on my glasses. He accomplished in five seconds what I fumbled with for over an hour. Thanks for the gracious and professional work.

THE RESIDENTS, staff and family members of our senior community would like to give a big thanks to all the firemen that responded to our fire the night of March 17. Engines 8 and 9 did an excellent job in putting the fire out, helping residents get out and helping to rescue the pets and covering personal belongings. Our fire department put their lives on the line every time they respond to a fire ... we are very grateful and thank you so very much.

RAVE FOR CAROLYN, a 10th floor nurse at University Hospital. She has done an excellent job treating my mom for the last few visits. Thank you so much.

I JUST WANTED TO RAVE about Helms Electric. They were friendly and affordable and professional. They came out when all others in the yellow pages wouldn’t, a few even said they would call me back and didn’t. Thanks again guys!

RAVES FOR THE guiltless (7) Greenbrier soccer players. With all the media attention going to the players who violated the rules, let us not forget to build-up, and encourage those young men who stayed- the- course. Greenbrier would do well by highlighting them somehow at school.

A HUGE RAVE TO Bob and Diane Kerzner for bringing hockey back to Augusta after many years without it!!!! Thanks for the wonderful memories from the past 3 seasons!!! Now to the JBA managers and our city commissioners, fix the problem, and make sure that the ice is ready for next season!!! I would hate to see another building in the Augusta area shut down with weeds growing all over the outside!!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 03/30/13 - 08:50 pm
A rave

... for one day of just raves. And one of my own for all the floor nurses. I've had the sad duty to visit many of my friends in hospital in recent weeks and every one of the nurses I've encountered has been pleasant and willing to see to the patient and make my visits a positive experience.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/13 - 07:01 am
Amen to this..

I would like to remind everyone that there are many nice people everywhere you go in Augusta

I have even seen a few on here too...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/13 - 07:03 am
Happy Easter

Many raves today......Augusta is beautiful this time of year...so my rave is for Augusta Ga..

etlinks
etlinks 03/31/13 - 07:23 am
Happy Easter

Thanks for the raves, its nice to read positive things happening in this wonderful area.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/13 - 07:56 am
Sheriff Roundtree deserves a rave too

Sylvia got the email....

Saturday, I received this e-mail from lifetime Harrisburg resident and former Augusta Commission District 1 candidate Butch Palmer:

“Sylvia, I am elated to say that Harrisburg is no longer the “crack center.” Sheriff Richard Roundtree started busting drug houses the first week that he was in office! I can honestly say that I DO NOT know of any Harrisburg drug houses..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/31/13 - 08:20 am
"tree

It appears the sheriff may have had a stumble or two; but all in all has gotten off to a good start. I thank him and wish him the best.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/31/13 - 10:19 am

Your gift of Jesus was the ultimate proof that you have hope for the human race.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/31/13 - 11:26 am
It appears people either love

It appears people either love or hate their eye clinics. Yesterday it was a rant, today there is a rave.

Tots
Tots 03/31/13 - 02:27 pm
Happy Easter!!

Much Love and Peace to Everybody,but extra for Augusta GA..

harley_52
harley_52 03/31/13 - 03:03 pm
"Yesterday it was a rant, today there is a rave."

The mood changed in the blink of an eye?

Grad rates show improvement by local school systems

Graduation rates in both Richmond and Columbia counties followed the statewide trend of slow and steady increases in 2014, although progress in individual schools varied greatly.