Rants & Raves

WHY DOESN’T THE government go ahead and make it against the law to be fat instead of restricting what we can eat? They might as well.

COMMISSIONER SMITH, have you heard the saying, “A hit dog will bark”? In the criminal justice system it has been found that the guilty can never be quiet. They are always trying to tell their side of the story. Shhhhhh!

A HUGE RAVE for the nurses and especially the nurses’ aides who performed many unpleasant necessary activities for me while I was on the seventh-floor critical wing at the University Hospital last month as a patient. I could not have had better service.

TO THE PERSON who wrecked into my brand new car at the mall and then fled the scene, we have your tag, we have your name. Jail is waiting for you and your lying girlfriend!

TEACHER TO PARENT: Sorry, but I cannot undo all the years of bad parenting.

I DON’T KNOW what is crazier of our government: Spending $400 billion on the F-35 fighter aircraft or keeping 47 million people on food stamps. Cut all of it and save the increasingly fewer of us taxpayers left paying taxes a break.

WE CAN READ enough lies as it is from Repub­licans, we don’t need to watch it on Fox News. Let them remain on cable and away from a lot of us.

YES, WE’VE HAD several road pavings along various parts of Wrightsboro Road. It’s just that the material is obviously too cheap and not long-lasting.

SO, NO ONE CARES about the $241,000-plus lost from either some error or someone’s willingness to add to former teacher’s retirement pay? Like no one cares enough about the $25,000 lost from the tax office? Thank goodness a lot of us care too much about not losing any more monies into the TEE Center and parking lots and other costs.

WHEN THE NEXT big one starts, you will be grateful for the NRA.

DON’T COMPLAIN IF they don’t put your rants in the paper. Perhaps they are not good enough.

LEAVE REMODELING of the Municipal Building until better times: $20 million is a lot of money.

ClearCookies
ClearCookies 03/25/13 - 10:27 am
Around here...

...everything is so BLACK and WHITE.

Anyone read the article supporting Ms. Davis, in this weeks Verge Magazine? It was written by............. a white woman; GASP!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/13 - 10:29 am
Heard that too Harley

Just won't matter cause we will have enough "right" handers with us....to make it fun....just a little sumthin to get yall in the mood...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/25/13 - 11:01 am
So Cookies. What's the

So Cookies. What's the problem? Who had complaints about the article? You seem to have a knack for finding racism where there is none.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 11:01 am
I've got kin in Florida

Can't stay long - we party ourselves to death - H Angie - trying to figure out what Cookie is saying.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/25/13 - 11:05 am
Trying....yes.....succeeding.

Trying....yes.....succeeding....not so much.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/25/13 - 11:12 am
"WE CAN READ enough lies as

"WE CAN READ enough lies as it is from Repub­licans, we don’t need to watch it on Fox News."

Want to talk about lies?

I present you Obamacare and the lies about reducing costs and improving care.

I present you the "we cannot have White House tours because of Sequestration" and the "Sequestration will cause the sky to fall" Obama lying speeches that a 2.4% cut in the INCREASE OF SPENDING would be an apocalypse. Only FOX was telling it's viewers that it was no big deal.

I present you Solyndra and Fiskers.

I present you Benghazi.

I present you Obama's "balanced approach"....."more taxes, more taxes, more taxes".

I present you Fast and Furious.

If you want to talk about lies, I present you Obama.

I kind of like having FOX News to watch. At least they are not one of Obama and the Democrat's lap dogs. At least FOX questions the administration's actions. The mainstream media just keeps licking their face. Not one mainstream media reporter has ever asked Obama a tough question. "Who is your favorite superhero" is about as hard as it gets when the mainstream media is questioning Obama. They have given Obama a free PASS. Wonder why? I suspect they are racial pandering, not wanting to be seen as being hard on our first black president. Heaven forbid that they would point out his failures and fallacies and be called racists for disagreeing with his policies. It's much safer for them to just keep licking his face.

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 03/25/13 - 11:16 am
I dont know how Ashley Wright got re- elected.

In Richmond County African - Americans are ten times more likely to get indicted by a grand jury than Whites.. District Attorney Ashley Wright is more aggressived toward African - Americans even when there is insufficent evidence the grand jury still indict you in Richmond County if you are black. The bias within the Richmond County District Attorney office is on front street. A white male walked in University Hosptial and shot to death his relative and was freed on bond. But here you have black males under 25 of age waiting at phinizy road jail for a bond hearing or a chance to get in court, and these are not murder charges. If Alexia Davis was white charges would have never been brought forward.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/25/13 - 11:24 am
" even when there is

" even when there is insufficent evidence the grand jury still indict you in Richmond County if you are black.....If Alexia Davis was white charges would have never been brought forward. "

Care to back that up with verifiable facts?

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 03/25/13 - 11:59 am
harley_52 - ARC to purchase RM

Wait for it ....

Rumor has it, it is in the early planning stages and will tie in
with the 15th St. Corridor Project.

The problem is, the plan calls for the wrong use and application.

countyman
20129
countyman 03/25/13 - 12:41 pm
Nowait=great technology

Seenitb4... After you check into the front desk at the restaurant. The Nowait app immediately sends the text to your phone. The first text is the predicted wait time, and the second one is when your table become ready. Nobody has to purchase any kind of tablet, and can simply use their current smartphone.

How exactly is the progress on Washington rd going towards Evans & Martinez, but not include West Augusta? I'll give Evans some credit for the new bank near Kroger, and developments at Marshall square. I wouldn't exactly call the new discount tire on Washington rd in Martinez major 'progress'. Maybe some people don't realize the county line is located at Pleasant Home rd. Between Pleasant Home rd/Augusta National(West Augusta) you can find the Krispy Kreme remodeling, 9k SQ.FT. center going in front of Kroger, Legends Club next to Fresh Market, Windsor Jewelers, new restaurant coming to Sherwood Drive, etc.

The most recent Splots includes $3-4 million for the lake at Regency Mall. The Deans Bridge/Gordon Hwy intersection is apart of T-Splost, and the city has major plans for the 15th street/MLK/Milledgeville/Deans Bridge road corridor.

ClearCookies
ClearCookies 03/25/13 - 12:49 pm
O, Angela

RANT #10 "I WONDER IF Alexia Davis was white, would the black ministers be holding a prayer vigil for her? Just wondering."

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 12:55 pm
H Angie

(Sean will throw me off - BS) At this point we are color blind- why don't they get it - the pretty white folk love you pretty dark folk - I went to school with little dark folk in 1st grade - we skied together - went to the October Fest together - I just don't get it - simple minded, I guess.

allhans
allhans 03/25/13 - 01:06 pm
lily....When a person is a

lily....When a person is a failure (or feels he is) the need is to blame it on something or somebody...makes him/her blind to those of ALL races who are successful and going on with their lives.

Just once they should listen to Dr. Carson...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 01:50 pm
Yep allhans

I don't get the divide either - I have black kin folk that are black as the ace of spades - very successful - it's the attitude - We will take care of ourselves regardless of the circumstances. Black or white.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/25/13 - 03:32 pm
It looked like a question,

It looked like a question, Cookie, not a complaint. I have to wonder myself. For example, why is the story about the black youth who shot the white baby and his mother not on national news, yet Trevon Martin was non stop on the national news? Don't you wonder? I only questioned you because last week you seemed to be unaware that there are numerous exclusively black groups and organizations in this country.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 03:33 pm
H Angie

No mystery!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/25/13 - 03:33 pm
Biden

They are not on national news because Joe Biden has ended gun violence in America.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/25/13 - 03:46 pm

Thank you Humble Angela for your post: "I have to wonder myself. For example, why is the story about the black youth who [allegedly] shot the white baby and his mother not on national news [in Brunswick, GA], yet Trevon Martin was non stop on the national news? Don't you wonder?...." I agree. I'm even surprised the media allowed the race of the alleged victims become part of the story.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 03/25/13 - 04:19 pm
"... I'm even surprised the media allowed

... the race of the alleged victims become part of the story."

They went out of their way to show a picture of the perp (alleged, of course- probably just accusing some poor choir boy baselessly) but I did not see any mention of the victim's race. It was not until a photo appeared in my online UK paper that I became aware.

But then, as I posted previously, black predators on white victims do not qualify as news, much like dog bites; simply a part of everyday American life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/13 - 04:54 pm
Just to Correct Some Incorrect Info

Ga Southern will join the D-1 Sun Belt Conference. Mercer is in the Atlantic Sun Conf. Also, tell those who should know better that Ga State will also join the Sun Belt this year.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 04:40 pm
Ya'll know what

I have a 115lb dog that sleeps beside me (he's on the floor - I am not) - I have a husband and a rifle - I'd like for someone to try to come get one of them.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/25/13 - 04:42 pm
RM

Come get us - we want to go South!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/13 - 04:47 pm
Lilly, who is we? Ga

Lilly, who is we? Ga Southern? Heh

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/25/13 - 05:16 pm
Coming soon.

The Government knows what is best for you.
Join the United Socialist States Of America (USSA)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/13 - 05:28 pm
If there is any baseball fan

If there is any baseball fan who doesn't know the difference between Billy Bean and Billy Beane, I'd be careful whom I showered with.

happychimer
happychimer 03/25/13 - 05:57 pm
I have seen the story about

I have seen the story about the baby in the stroller shot and killed. It has been on the national news many times. I also saw an interwiew with the mother, and the father spoke too. The mother is white and the father looks mixed race. So if you have not seen it on national news, you have not been watching the news.

giwi
giwi 03/25/13 - 10:42 pm
RCJudicial

I understand that the victim's family of the Unv. Hospital shooting is livid that the murderer is out on bond! There is definitely no justice!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/26/13 - 07:46 am
happychimer.....give us a

happychimer.....give us a link to a national news story please.

happychimer
happychimer 03/26/13 - 08:34 pm
Angela go to your nation news

Angela go to your nation news site and type it in and search. I did on cnn and a few others. real easy to do

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.