Rants & Raves

TWO LOCAL GOLFERS perform the remarkable feat of winning a professional tournament on their respective tours on the same day, and the sports tagline on the front page of The Chronicle is “Woods wins at Doral”? Give me a break!

I AM SO SORRY FOR illegal aliens. I am especially sorry for the ones who commit crime in this country. My suggestion is that we treat them the same way we would be treated if we were in their home country illegally.

THE GREEN AND WHITE trailers in the middle of Harlem need to be condemned.

WE DON’T NEED A sheriff to showboat. We don’t need officers put in the paper. That is their job.

DOES ANYONE ELSE agree that the taxpayers of Georgia have really been taken to the cleaners over the salary of Ricardo Azziz? Thanks to Nathan Deal and the Board of Regents for making us a laughing stock by paying him this kind of salary and paying for his housing. I am shocked. Something should be done.

THE ISSUE IS NOT fixing the so- called gun show loophole. The issue is fixing the revolving door on the federal, state, and local prison systems. The issue is fixing the lack of help given to mentally and emotionally disturbed people. Leave the Second Amendment alone.

NOWADAYS, foreign aid recipients will take our money in one hand and at the same time slap our face. We should end ALL foreign aid except maybe to Israel.

EISENHOWER HOSPITAL furlough talk is just another Obama scare tactic. Obama would rather cripple some place that does good and necessary work than cut out obvious government waste. Pay no attention to it.

I THINK TEACHERS having guns is a good idea. They have so many problems in the schools; maybe if they had guns and the kids knew they had guns in there, they might straighten out that mess – gang violence and everything else.

MOST CHILDREN TODAY have no respect, morals or parental guidance. I applaud Lori Myles for making an effort to show children the effects of their actions.

WHY AM I RECEIVING collect calls from the Richmond County prison? They need to watch those convicts more closely.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 07:03 am
I May Hop a Train

The story of the hoboes riding the train has caught lots of attention. Linda Glasscock, manager of Columbia County Animal Services, is keeping their dogs for them while they are in jail and has gotten to know them a little we learn in the article. One of their common traits appears to be their love of dogs. The travelers had only recently met but several of them had well cared for dogs that impressed Ms Glasscock. Their backpacks had dog food.

There is another society out there riding the rails like in the 1930s it seems. These young people have somehow made us all stop a minute and take note in our own way, even if it’s just thinking we’re glad it’s not us. I’d like to see follow-up stories about them. Sometimes it takes gentle souls to make us realize it’s not always about money and a wealthy lifestyle. I’m the train they call the City of New Orleans…

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 07:15 am
Trailers in Harlem

I wonder if the trailers in the middle of Harlem were a different color would the ranter be happier about them?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 07:19 am
Collect calls from jail

To the person receiving collect calls from the Richmond County jail, do you have any relatives you haven't seen recently?

countyman
19719
countyman 03/23/13 - 07:40 am
Popular event

The Augusta Market on the River(8th street Bulkhead/Plaza) begins today, and I hope everybody can make it downtown to enjoy the fun.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 08:05 am
Columbia Country Farmer's Market

It's supposed to rain today, but Columbia County has a farmer's market every Thurs. from 4:30 to 7pm. It's held on the grounds of the Columbia County library. Come out and rub shoulders with the Columbia County beautiful people in the 14th fastest growing county in the nation.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/23/13 - 08:34 am
GUNS WHERE THEY ARE USED AND NOT

In reality, "Gun Free Zone" (like Sandy Hook) just broadcast invitations to the evil or mentally ill individuals. If a person wants to kill the largest number of individuals with little or no threat of being killed during their killing spree, the best place to go would be a "Gun Free Zone" would it not?

So then why do we tell the crazies the best place to commit their crimes?

We use Guns defend our:
Politicians, Hollywood Actors, Sporting Events and players, stores, banks, factories, and courts with guns. Even Anti-Gunners "Rosie" O'Donnell, Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, and yes 79 y/o Sen. Dianne Feinstein, all hire Gun-toting Bodyguards.

But they want us to defend our schools with signs that say "Gun Free Zone." and then in an emergency, call for help, for a person with armed with a gun to use it?

Why not arm or allow properly trained Teachers & Administrators to arm themselves to protect our children? If it is good enough for the list above why not our children?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/23/13 - 08:58 am
Good Morning "Are We There Yet" America

I have just finished reading every topic and R&R comments in today's AC.

It is just unbelievable. You have to ask yourself this question, "Are We There Yet?"

You know the "Where" I'm talking about. It's almost depressing to put in the same basket the mindset of so many people with their thoughts on what is right & wrong. One that stands out is the Greenbrier Soccer Issue.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 09:13 am
Whhhaatt

Dianne is 79 years old?? Dang she sure is a feisty heifer for 79....

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 09:15 am
The trailers

Yehh...paint them pink & purple.....make them STAND out....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 09:24 am
2 Local Golfers

When the 2 locals have a beautiful blonde on their arms....a big big boat & an ex wife dating a billionaire...welll then they will make the headlines too....people like gossip----they just might need me as their pr person.....reach me thru AC.....I have done wonders for CGee & Riverman....they were virtually unknown til I came around...LOL

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/23/13 - 10:07 am
Another example of Gun Control NOT working

Only 1 person had a weapon and he almost killed 6 people.

Note: This is a BOB crime and Yes every one was wearing a HOODIE with the hood up, including the Gun Man. Interesting to also note 3 of the 6 were saggin. It is amazing how quick a saggin person can move when being shot at.

The video clearly shows it was every thug for themselves.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 11:04 am
The Hoboes

If they are doglovers they are ok in my book.....send them on their way with their dogs.......we all could be hoboes for a day or so...might do us some good.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 11:08 am
5 airport towers closing in Ga

Our Gwinnett Briscoe Field will be on the list....can't we find other places to cut back.....stop making jails so enjoyable for punks....let us try the Sheriff Arpaio way of containing baddies...cut back on expense there ....

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 02:41 pm
About Internet Education

I can remember taking "TV Algebra II" at my high school in the 9th grade. We had to be in our seats at the right time and wait while the South Carolina ETV thing played its "music opening." Miss Simpson, an old time teacher wearing severe glasses (check this out if you think I’m making this up), threw her shrill voice at us over the TV that had been rolled in on this stand while Miss Edwards, (not one I fantasized about, that was Mrs. Bodenheimer), monitored the room.

Interesting experience, but my grades were bad. Now days, I have to look at online videos a good bit because of my work and I like to think I take advantage of the experience.

What’s different? I’m alone and don’t have to look like an idiot if I play the thing over and over because I am distracted at that particular time (with thoughts of certain girls at Folly Beach or thinking of the Olivia Newton John video as she spins and her red short skirt goes up over her blue panties)…as I often was in high school in SC. I can always move that cursor thing back to the left and see it again like I do with THAT Olivia Newton John spin.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/23/13 - 02:46 pm
I went to Costco and didn't

I went to Costco and didn't even get out of my car. I sat there reading old mail and throwing most of it in the floorboard. Anyone trying to carry on business as usual in this rain is an idiot.

Jake
Jake 03/23/13 - 03:20 pm
Good story Riverman

Now I guess I will be spending the rest of the afternoon searching Youtube for Olivia Newton-John videos with the elusive blue panties.
I like that word "panties". With us guys it is jockey's, boxers, skivies, drawers or underwear. Panties sounds so much sexier, and rightfully so.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/13 - 03:55 pm
Just for River & Jake

She still looks good in her 60s....

Lordy lordy.......guys, yall won't ever get old..:)

countyman
19719
countyman 03/23/13 - 04:28 pm
Riverman... I hope you didn't

Riverman... I hope you didn't feel the need to comment, because of my initial post.

I wish the new Farmers Market created in Evans good luck, and hopefully it can grow similar to the Farmers Market on 5th street/Laney Walker.

The Augusta Market on the River is more of an 'event'.

Jake
Jake 03/23/13 - 07:38 pm
2seenit

Thanks for the video and also the Shrimp Boat one. I think it is OK to look good in your 60's. At least that is what I am counting on. Probably won't work, though.

harley_52
harley_52 03/23/13 - 08:33 pm
"I think it is OK to look good in your 60's....

.... At least that is what I am counting on. Probably won't work, though."

It will be a sure thing if you move to Columbia county. You can rub elbows with the rest of the beautiful people and become one yourself.

Jake
Jake 03/23/13 - 11:12 pm
Richmond County

harley has re-opened my eyes to the positive aspects of Richmond County. I am not being sarcastic about this.
One of my friends is a building contractor in Augusta and it is such a treat to be able to ride around with him and see the many fine homes that he has restored over the years in the Hill section. Augusta has a lot of positive things going on.
I don't see myself rubbing elbows with anyone and becoming a beautiful person though. Just plain ol' Jake, as always.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 03/24/13 - 12:53 am
Yeah, those green and white

Yeah, those green and white trailers may keep people from stopping at the high end car wash next door.

Fatality highlights golf cart safety

Similar to cars, driving a golf cart has legal requirements. Texting and driving is illegal. So is driving while impaired. Also, all drivers must have a valid driver's license and golf carts are ...