Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

PRESIDENT OBAMA SAYS the sequester brings “painful budget cuts.” One, the budget is not being cut; rather, it is growing; and two, real cuts are not painful for those footing the bill – the taxpayers.

DEAR EVENT organizers: There is no such thing as a “first annual.” You can hold a “first” or an “inaugural,” but you can’t hold a “first annual.” An activity isn’t an annual activity until the next year.

FILL IN THE BLANK: It’s still_________to me:

A: Clarks Hill

B: ASU

C: MCG

D: All of the above

RANT TO ALL THE black organizations that continue to segregate the black community after civil rights leaders fought so hard to end segregation.

IF DR. AZZIZ AND HIS troops at MCG or whatever it is called now will airbrush out history on sports teams, what should we expect them to do with missed diagnoses or poor surgery outcomes?

NANCY PELOSI HAS never had an original thought. All she does is parrot the trash that President Obama comes up with.

I THINK IT IS UNFAIR for Happy Tails to be closed down for minor problems. These people are doing a wonderful job rescuing those unwanted animals that people dump on the roadsides.

THE NERVE OF THAT governor and the Board of Regents for fostering a great research university on our area. We might have to accept some change.

I FEEL THAT NICK EVANS, whether intended or not, sold out the “Save The A” movement too quickly in return for the now-proved hollow promises by Azziz to add Augusta to the name (unofficially). We should renew the movement and get Azziz to leave, and get the governor to intervene with the Regents to correct this stuff, or we should be working to never again elect Nathan Deal to anything again.

GLOBAL SPECTRUM should be sued by the Augusta RiverHawks for allowing the ice system to be damaged this badly, without either insurance or any recovery from the cutting horse event. This has ruined hockey here for the foreseeable future and damaged the franchise. Not the first time it has happened. Only this time, far worse than before.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/21/13 - 04:34 pm
CG, we could come up with

CG, we could come up with fringe liberals that would make anything the TEE Party folks say look like a Sunday School lesson. MSNBC spends their time saying conservatives are racists instead of addressing the facts. Olbermann and Schultz have been sent to therapy and removed from their shows. Matthews is next with his slobbering love affair with Obama and hatred of conservatives.

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/21/13 - 04:40 pm
ColbaltGeorge,

News segments/reports like you just mentioned used to frustrate me beyond reason. Now, I love reports like that. It’s verification that I’m on the correct side of an issue. If they have to resort to that kind of gutter BS, in order to make themselves look righteous, well, I know they can’t even protend to intellectually address the issues we raise.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/21/13 - 05:03 pm
The power of suggestion

Thanks for everything yall.....so much talk about seafood (maybe I started it--dunno) I just had shrimp & grits for supper tonight...yummie too.....

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/21/13 - 05:20 pm
Speaking of shrimp and grits,

Speaking of shrimp and grits, that new café in North Augusta, “About Thyme”, has a shrimp and grits casserole that’s so good it’ll make you slap your…

Dang seenitB4, you've got me drooling on my tie!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/21/13 - 05:27 pm
Good

My mission is complete now....:)

Now I'm looking at some pics of spring flowers at Lowes--Home Depot & Pikes.....talk about suggestions..........advertisers are very clever ....glossy---bright colors ...jump right out & slap me silly....now I will have to shop for flowers this weekend....

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/21/13 - 05:29 pm
Now

if only I had a nice waterfall & walkway around it yaknow like cgee has in his yard......:)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/21/13 - 05:50 pm
fedex....Is there a

fedex....Is there a Congressional White Caucus? What other group is as exclusionary as the groups that I listed earlier?

And I assume the statement "oh....I forgot where I was" was your idea of a backhanded insult. How civil of you.

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/21/13 - 06:00 pm
"And I assume the statement

"And I assume the statement "oh....I forgot where I was" was your idea of a backhanded insult. How civil of you"

I viewed it as a cop-out; unable to make a salient point, so resorted to flippant remarks.

garyglenn
garyglenn 03/21/13 - 06:20 pm
Folly Pier

Riverman1
I was stationed there 55-57 and i can attest to what you say and much more

harley_52
22064
harley_52 03/21/13 - 06:33 pm
How About A....

White, Asian, or Hispanic History Month?

How about an organization named "100 Asians In America?"

Is there a Miss Asian America?

An Asian Entertainment Network?

fedex227
fedex227 03/21/13 - 06:47 pm
If you mean specific months officially designated...

Asian Americans celebrate their heritage in May, Hispanics from Sept 15th-Oct 15th.

"Is there a Miss Asian America?"

Uh, yeah there is. This year's winner- Emily Tang. Congrats Emily!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/21/13 - 06:47 pm
The OLD Folly Pier

GaryGlenn, oh, so you even remember the old Folly Pier. All those great black groups playing the beach music with the waves breaking under the rickety pier, while we all sipped beer with the most beautiful girls anywhere and all of them dressed scantily in their summer attire was something. Holding one of the girls close to you while Maurice William and the Zodiaks did "Stay." Ha..think it made a lifetime impression on me?

harley_52
22064
harley_52 03/21/13 - 06:51 pm
"Uh, yeah there is."

Do you believe any of these racially exclusionary help, or hurt, the goal of having a colorblind society?

Should we have a "White History Month?" A "Miss White America?"

fedex227
fedex227 03/21/13 - 06:55 pm
I'd respond ...

but my posts keep getting flagged and removed. Oh well.

dwb619
dwb619 03/21/13 - 06:59 pm
Beach music

RiverMan,
You may already know about it.
Try this link www.94.9thesurf.com
Then open the "listen live " link.
Ocean Drive beach music24/7

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/21/13 - 08:32 pm
A true color blind society is

A true color blind society is far from “their” radar. Actually, a color blind society would hurt their “cause”.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/21/13 - 10:03 pm
Well, the topic is being

Well, the topic is being well-covered by Humble Angela (thank you) and those that agree with her. I have listed many "black" named societies, clubs and businesses in the past under similar articles, for whatever good it did to do so, seems like she has taken up that baton. Note, there are also now whole subdivisions required by blacks to be black only. Seems like things are going backward. Martin Luther King, Jr. certainly couldn't have had this in mind. How long will it take to realize his dream?

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/21/13 - 10:46 pm
It's a business now. The

It's a business now. The race hustlers could care less about their people.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/22/13 - 09:25 am
"Uh, yeah there is. This

"Uh, yeah there is. This year's winner- Emily Tang. Congrats Emily!"

Was Emily in a contest that excluded certain races like the Miss Black America contest does?