Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

KUDOS TO PHARMACISTS Casey and Harold at the North Augusta CVS pharmacy for going out of their way for customers! Thanks from a grateful mommy!

A METEOR STRIKES our planet, the Pope retires, a sinkhole swallows some guy and now young people think it’s funny to hang up pictures of Bigfoot. We old people are not laughing. Dr. Azziz has already landed, and no doubt more aliens are on the way.

A HUGE RAVE FOR Mrs. Nora at The Clyde A. Burgamy Center at Doctors Hospital for her superb nursing skills during my stay.

OPERATION THUNDER and the ‘Click-it-or-Ticket campaigns are a big joke. All those violations are against the law all the time.

A SPECIAL THANKS to the person who turned my purse into customer service at the BI-LO on Peach Orchard Road. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

SPEECHLESS IN AIKEN: My sister and I would like to thank the anonymous person who paid for our lunch at the Red Lobster. We’re still talking about the generosity. Thank you!

IF THE COLUMBIA County Sheriff’s Department needs any advice to where road blocks should be set up, my only advice would be Owens Road, Few Parkway, Lewiston Road and Columbia Road.

CONGRATULATIONS TO Rachael Cundey for winning the Scripps National Regional Spelling Bee. All the very best to you when you compete in Washington, D.C. We will be rooting for you!

ALL GUN SHOP OWNERS must be thankful to President Obama and Joe Biden for boosting their gun sales to an all-time high. There are enough guns out there now to supply all criminals and mentally ill people with their weapon of choice for many years ahead.

THANK YOU, COREY! I lost my billfold and cell phone at Longhorns. The waiter, Corey, found it and returned it to me. This speaks well of Corey and Longhorns.

RANT TO ALL WHO erased logos and denigrated those who made the proud history of AC and ASU. How low can they go? I say from Aaaaa to Zzzzz.

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES it make what color shoes the pope wears? He should be able to wear whatever color shoes he wants.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/19/13 - 07:21 pm
And Yes

"There are enough guns out there now to supply all criminals and
mentally ill people with their weapon of choice for many years ahead."

But

at the same time there are now more armed law abiding Americans Citizens who will be able to eradicate those criminals and mentally ill people on the spot. Let not forget that we Americans now have enough weapons and ammo to eliminate a socialist communist government if need be.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/19/13 - 07:24 pm
Also

for boosting their gun sales plus Gun Safe to an all-time high.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/19/13 - 09:05 pm
Thanks TSD

Needed those 2.

Jake
Jake 03/19/13 - 10:44 pm
Dr Burgamy

He was one of the many early influential Dr's in Augusta. His office was in the Medical Arts Building on Harper St where I worked as a teen with Dr Frank Mullins in the 60's. Dr Burgamy's practice included Dr's Thurmond, Watson & Echols. Dr Carol Pryor and Dr Greenblatt were also there. Augusta had many fine physicians then as I am sure they do now.
I am hoping that the medical college at GRU will produce many outstanding graduates. With all the confusion with the naming I am not sure what the medical school is called now.

Jake
Jake 03/19/13 - 10:50 pm
Pope shoes

I didn't know the pope was supposed to wear a certain colored shoe. If he is hip then he can wear some Nike Air Jordans. I guess my priorities lie elsewhere but wearing a certain tennis shoe, and for the amount of money that they cost, just seems ludicrous to me. I am what they call a fuddy-duddy I suppose.

countyman
20585
countyman 03/20/13 - 01:00 am
cause & effect

The voters of Augusta realized every successful city has their own convention center, and were reaping the benefits.

1. $8 million Holiday Inn Express under construction

2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24265305@N06/8574176576/sizes/h/in/photostr...

3. Renovation underway along Broad street.

countyman
20585
countyman 03/20/13 - 01:29 am
Nowait restaurant app coming soon

1. Ranked 2nd in the nation for high tech job growth between 2005-2011
2. Club house opening on Broad in the CBD, and bringing free WiFi into lower income neighborhoods(Harrisburg first location)
3. Rural Sourcing(IT company)opening in the CBD
4. Collaboration/Technology center coming to Broad street(Starbucks & private sector donating $300k)
5. 6th ranked Digital City
6. Augusta Hackathon created in 2012

The city of Augusta continues to embrace technology.

Residents of America’s second-fastest-growing tech city can expect a more efficient wait for an open table thanks to a partnership between the town’s mayor and a two-year old Pittsburgh-based technology startup.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/20/13 - 08:05 am
10 Unhappiest States

GA-SC did not make the list. WV, KY and MS lead the list. Most of them are southern states so I figured we had a shot. Of course the whole thing is nonsense.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/20/13 - 08:23 am
Devil Looks Like Who?

Chris Matthews the other night puts up this photo of the Devil from the miniseries, The Bible. It's a black man and Matthews tries to infer they purposefully made the Devil look like Obama. Others had jokingly said the actor looked like Obama, but Matthews takes it dead seriously. Heh...is he out to lunch or what? I really think all black people look alike to him...thrill up his leg and all.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/20/13 - 08:13 am
As far as I can tell

Chris Matthews has zero redeeming factors.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/20/13 - 08:37 am
Lopsided this am...AC

I don't know if it is just me BUT things ain't right...all print comes up on 1 side of screen......

I didn't have THAT much to drink last night.......good am quacks.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/20/13 - 08:40 am
College in central Florida

My granddaughter attended that college....didn't like it last year & wanted to come back to Augusta.....that is where she is now...thank goodness that nut case didn't get to pull off his stunt.....when will we get a handle of these guys ......very thankful they caught this one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/20/13 - 08:48 am
Zell

Let Zell have his way with Chris Matthews...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/20/13 - 08:56 am
exit now

I have to exit B4 I fall off on the left side of this screen...it is tipping....lol......seeeeeaaaannnnnn.......seeaaannnn....

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/20/13 - 09:02 am
@ seenit

Explain what you're seeing. As far as i can tell, the page looks OK.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/20/13 - 09:10 am
Sean

You are getting an email with pic of it....gotta go now...thanks..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/20/13 - 09:12 am
Computer Tech

SeenIt has a crush on her computer technician. She, therefore, has lots of computer problems.

:-)

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/20/13 - 09:12 am
A solution to all the Babby Mama's & Rabbit daddies

Just Enforce.

O.C.G.A. § 16-6-18. Fornication.
An unmarried person commits the offense of fornication when he voluntarily has sexual intercourse with another person and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

The evidence is displayed every time they apply for "O-Benefits"
aka my tax dollars.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/20/13 - 09:52 am
countyman.....in case you

countyman.....in case you didn't see my response last night......yes, I am glad to see the Walgreens, and hopefully associated development, at Tobacco Rd and Windsor Spring. However, we also had a new Eckerds on Peach Orchard and that thing hardly lasted 6 months before it closed up. I won't get TOO excited just yet.

By the way, what's with the Five Guys in South Augusta? You've been touting that for months but I can't seem to find it, or any reference to it on the Five Guys website. Is it coming, under construction, still a gleam in someone's eye or what......and where?

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/20/13 - 09:57 am
Five guys

If you ate a hamburger every time Countyman mentioned Five Guys, you'd be obese, (:

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/20/13 - 09:58 am
JTF...LOL

JTF...LOL

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/20/13 - 10:46 am
Ha

Thanks, I'm here all week....

happychimer
happychimer 03/20/13 - 01:03 pm
I would like to know when the

I would like to know when the new shopping center is coming to Jimmie Dyess Parkway. There has been talk of it for years, but I don't see it yet.

countyman
20585
countyman 03/20/13 - 03:22 pm
Number two on my initial post

Number two on my initial post is the Farmhaus Burger & 12 apartment development.

Rite Aid purchased all of the Eckerd chains in the area. The Five Guys is coming to the Colony Plaza near the Windsor Spring/Peach Orchard interchange(don't know if the construction started).

Happychimer. I think the smaller shopping center will eventually break ground, and I'm not sure about the timeline related to the larger one.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/20/13 - 03:35 pm
Eventually

Well, if you're not sure about the timeline, you can just say "eventually."

ARC fan
ARC fan 03/20/13 - 06:34 pm
CBS - Vietnam

Rant to CBS's "Race" reality show for going to Hanoi and having contestants visit B52 wreckage and using Vietnamese "patriotic" songs as part of the contest. Those of us who went were never respected and 50 years later we sit in our living rooms and watch as Americans are shown glorifying Hanoi and it's "glorius" leaders. What a poke in the eye!

Upscale addiction treatment facility opens

The facility off Bennock Mill Road is a cutting-edge residential addiction treatment facility, combining evidence-based treatment and wellness approaches like diet and personalized exercise ...