Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

IF I SEND A DONATION check to Augusta State Uni­versity, will they Pho­toshop out the name and put in Georgia Re­gents University or will they take the money and run?

I’M VERY SAD THAT Happy Tails rescue facility in Appling was shut down. We have adopted pets from them. They were well cared for.

I THINK WE OUGHT to impeach every one of the officials in Washington for putting the United States in peril. And then they go home for the weekend.

RANTS TO ALL YOU crooked landlords. All you care about is the money. Don’t you think God is looking at you?

THEY ARE ALWAYS talking about the weight gain in the past 50 years. They must not know a lot about 50 years ago. They were out in the cotton fields picking. People weren’t just sitting on their sofa watching TV every day.

RAVE FOR TUBMAN Lear­­n­ing Center. It is a great school. Dr. Frazier, you are a great principal and leader. This is a very proud parent.

RANT TO DOT: I don’t think anybody knows what is going on at Gor­don Highway and High­way 1 on Bobby Jones. They have traffic blocked for half a mile in each direction. All you see is a bunch of people standing around doing absolutely nothing.

IF ANYBODY THINKS Azziz didn’t have something to do with the slap in the face to the ASU teams, I have some beachfront property in Dearing for sale.

THE ‘SAVE THE A’ people totally got played.

STEP 1: CONSERVATIVES form the Tea Party. Step 2: Tea Party candidates split the conservative vote. Step 3: Republicans are voted out of office. Step 4: Everyone wins.

REGARDING THE BUTLER High fiasco: Isn’t it sort of fitting for an Obama inauguration?

WHAT GRU IS DOING by doctoring old sport photos is outrageous. The memories of what happened in the past should remain untouched. Please stop this Azziz madness before it gets completely out of hand.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/18/13 - 09:01 am
What is going on there??

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 09:05 am
Only cooters I know are my girlfriends around here

One time we were out in the middle of the pond and this little plane came down too low for a look see - we thought he was going to crash and if he didn't die from the crash, he'd have a heartache when all us went to rescue him Running Bare hehaha (can't wait for spring)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/18/13 - 09:09 am
When does the "step 4:

When does the "step 4: everybody wins" part happen. Given the state of the economy, the threat of nuclear attack, unemployment, etc, it seems to me that there are a great many people who aren't "winning" at the moment.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/18/13 - 09:09 am
Lilly reminded me of this joke..lol

An elderly man in Louisiana had owned a large farm for several years.

He had a large pond in the back. It was properly shaped for swimming, so he fixed it up nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over.

He grabbed a five-gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.

As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.

As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond.

He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end.

One of the women shouted to him, 'we're not coming out until you leave!'

The old man frowned, 'I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked.'

Holding the bucket up he said,
'I'm here to feed the alligator...'

Some old men can still think fast.

Itsallnew11
Itsallnew11 03/18/13 - 09:18 am
Referencing "white folks get it automatically"

I AM WHITE. WHERE'S MINE? I WANT IT AUTOMATICALLY BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY ME WORKING HARD FOR IT HASN'T GOTTEN ME VERY FAR!

Ignorance prevails once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 09:28 am
I Agree New11

What?????????????????????????????????

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/18/13 - 09:37 am
This is exhibit "A" of what is wrong with Augusta and how

the Marion Williams' of the world get elected and re-elected. You can't fix this mentality:

"I READ Marion Wil­liams would be trying to get a new sheriff a raise if he was white. I have been in Augusta for a long time. You don’t have to fight for nothing for white folks; they automatically get it just on their color alone."

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/18/13 - 09:49 am
The Ducks

Last night I watched a rerun of the Ducks...Ole Phil & Ms Kay went to look at million dollar homes with real estate guy..soo funny...they were so out of place & Phil just wouldn't have any of it....he said if he couldn't take a whiz off of his own porch he didn't want the dang place...lol lol...that is EXACTLY what GOB said about our mountain place.....He does too...lol...I bet they end up in one of them with lots of land around them...

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/18/13 - 09:53 am
Jaywalking

I was downtown Saturday evening. Man, you should have seen all the jaywalking on Reynolds, Jones, Broad, Ellis, Greene, Telfair and all the numbered crossing streets before and after the St. Patty's Day parade. Cops were everywhere and were issuing no jaywalking tickets. I hope they'll be as lenient on ticket scalping during the too-ah-nah-mint.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/18/13 - 09:58 am
Just read

Gwinnett county might get tornado & hail later today....batten down the hatches they say...geez...nice one day & crap the next....at least the lake is up higher....robins are in our birdbath.....hubby sez they are moving north...aaahhh I love the spring...Augusta is a beauty in the spring...ole Bobby Jones knew what he was doing when he put the Masters in that FANTASTIC CITY of AUGUSTA GA....USA!!

Take that azziz.....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/18/13 - 10:37 am
" You don’t have to fight for

" You don’t have to fight for nothing for white folks; they automatically get it just on their color alone." .......................

Said no affirmative action beneficiary ever.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 10:39 am
Doesn't someone know someone at Fox

I wish someone would help take up the banner for Augusta and her college - we preach - do not bury history and this group of people have decided to take her away and bury her. If not for Augusta College, a lot of us would not have the jobs we have now.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 10:42 am
B4

Mama is mortified when the little boys run to a tree - so I taught them not to let Mammah see - the big boys could care less hehaha

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/18/13 - 10:58 am
The Height Of Hypocrisy

This is too long to C&P but will give you a true feeling of Hypocrisy.

Jane18
Jane18 03/18/13 - 11:14 am
R & R #'s * & 11

#8-WHAT? How about that double negative("...don't have to fight for nothing") in your third sentence, and that wild accusation against white folks, where in the world did you come up with that? I guess "Affirmative Action and "Political Correctness" hasn't helped anyone.......... #11-I understand your way of thinking, but, you got one word wrong in Step 4. The last word should be LOSES!

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/18/13 - 11:37 am
tom31510
tom31510 03/18/13 - 01:26 pm
Step #4

Step #4 must be that tasty 'Kool Aid' some folks swallow so readily.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/18/13 - 02:13 pm
Free Kool Aid! Everybody

Free Kool Aid! Everybody wins!!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/18/13 - 02:22 pm
Hmmmmm....another thumbs

Hmmmmm....another thumbs down. Would the downer happen to have the courage to explain himself/herself?

Dudeness
Dudeness 03/18/13 - 02:38 pm
I believe Detroit has been

I believe Detroit has been working "step 4" for decades now. We have a lot to learn from them apparently.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/18/13 - 02:40 pm
Just remember.....a

Just remember.....a conservative will teach you to fish. A liberal will take your fish by force and give them to someone who is unwilling to fish..........then tell them that they won.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 03/18/13 - 03:10 pm
And to think

that I thought hard work and doing good in school got me where I'm at...I didn't get the memo it was due to my skin color!! I need to be sure to put that on my resume...just think of the opportunities I've missed not using that awesome bit of leverage!!!!

Dudeness
Dudeness 03/18/13 - 03:24 pm
It never even crossed my mind

It never even crossed my mind to list "White" under my experience. I'll be sure to get hired right away after I update my resume. Though with whites in the minority in Richmond County, I have to wonder who it is that is handing things to them just for being white.

KSL
KSL 03/18/13 - 05:48 pm
CG

Liberal and hypocrisy go hand-in-hand.

KSL
KSL 03/18/13 - 05:50 pm
The red new would not be so

The red new would not be so distracting if it were farther toward the right margin.

Darby
Darby 03/18/13 - 09:05 pm
"You don't have to fight for....

...nothing for white folks; they automatically get it just on their color alone."
Someone has a little trouble hiding his bigotry against pale-faced people.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...