Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

IF I SEND A DONATION check to Augusta State Uni­versity, will they Pho­toshop out the name and put in Georgia Re­gents University or will they take the money and run?

I’M VERY SAD THAT Happy Tails rescue facility in Appling was shut down. We have adopted pets from them. They were well cared for.

I THINK WE OUGHT to impeach every one of the officials in Washington for putting the United States in peril. And then they go home for the weekend.

RANTS TO ALL YOU crooked landlords. All you care about is the money. Don’t you think God is looking at you?

THEY ARE ALWAYS talking about the weight gain in the past 50 years. They must not know a lot about 50 years ago. They were out in the cotton fields picking. People weren’t just sitting on their sofa watching TV every day.

RAVE FOR TUBMAN Lear­­n­ing Center. It is a great school. Dr. Frazier, you are a great principal and leader. This is a very proud parent.

RANT TO DOT: I don’t think anybody knows what is going on at Gor­don Highway and High­way 1 on Bobby Jones. They have traffic blocked for half a mile in each direction. All you see is a bunch of people standing around doing absolutely nothing.

I READ Marion Wil­liams would be trying to get a new sheriff a raise if he was white. I have been in Augusta for a long time. You don’t have to fight for nothing for white folks; they automatically get it just on their color alone.

IF ANYBODY THINKS Azziz didn’t have something to do with the slap in the face to the ASU teams, I have some beachfront property in Dearing for sale.

THE ‘SAVE THE A’ people totally got played.

STEP 1: CONSERVATIVES form the Tea Party. Step 2: Tea Party candidates split the conservative vote. Step 3: Republicans are voted out of office. Step 4: Everyone wins.

REGARDING THE BUTLER High fiasco: Isn’t it sort of fitting for an Obama inauguration?

WHAT GRU IS DOING by doctoring old sport photos is outrageous. The memories of what happened in the past should remain untouched. Please stop this Azziz madness before it gets completely out of hand.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/18/13 - 12:47 am
GRU Deletion

Okay folks, I can say that I was on line at 12:44 am when they manually deleted all the GRU threads from the "most discussed" list – even though there were three threads with active discussion going on. The algorithm dampens public interest. Please bring back the "DISCUSSION" thread on the banner of the web site!

american rose
american rose 03/18/13 - 06:09 am
The "azziz" madness is

The "azziz" madness is already out of hand...where have you been?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 07:12 am
American's Getting Fatter

About the weight gain of Americans in the past 50 years, it’s just natural progression, Darwinism or whatever the heck you call it. People’s arms and legs are getting smaller as they get fatter from using all the modern technology. In about a hundred years we will just be giant heads being pushed around in wheel barrows by machines.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 07:44 am
Talk About Wasted Money

There's an article today I find frustrating. UGA researchers did a study largely funded by the CDC and some other federal agency showing that kids who "date" in middle school have other kinds of problems such as alcohol abuse and dropping out of high school. Well, ya think?

They throw out this idea that it's the dating causing problems and suggest further studies which we all know means more money. The problem is the dating, alcohol abuse, high dropout rate and other things they mentioned are all SYMPTOMS of family and personal problems. Could it be anyone who lets their middle school kid date is not a very good parent in many ways to begin with?

The dating did not cause the other problems. You could pick any symptom and blame the entire poor outcome of the kid on the symptom, but that's only an observation, not a cause and effect factor. Let your kid date in middle school and drink alcohol and the odds are he/she won't turn out so good. Got it? I just saved a few million dollars from more studies.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/18/13 - 07:45 am
Star Trek

I think there was a Star Trek episode about your 7:12 post, RM.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 07:52 am
LL, dang, and I thought I was

LL, dang, and I thought I was being original. But I was about 12 years old when I read the concept of giant heads being pushed around in wheel barrows. It was in a story in the magazine, Boys Life. That idea always stuck with me and I wondered if they would wear hats...heh. The boys had some kind of time machine to go in the future and the past, of course. One of the kids was a Spartan from the past. He liked to play football without shoes on because he was so tough. Heh.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:02 am
They are here already

Veery short hands/arms & verry short legs...

BIIIG heads....

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:03 am
What is this new RED word

This NEW in red is distracting to me...I know what I have read or not!!

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:05 am
Listen to LLamb

Bring back the discussion page & stop wasting money on red words..geez...why can't they give us what we really want on here...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 08:05 am
New

What's with the big red new? RM thought he was New?

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:09 am
:):):)

I saw a pic of our leader having fun on st Pattys Day...let us just say he looked kinda fluffy.....hahahah..I mean the main man on here...not O.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 08:09 am
B4 and I had big weekends

First there were big red News and now they are gone hahaha Sean - is that you?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 08:10 am
Crazy

Now they are back - I'm leaving!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 08:22 am
Cousin Doodlebug

SeenIt, I know the short armed and legged people are among us. Shelby of Swamp People and his cousin, Belinda, talked about their cousin, “Doodlebug.” They said his legs were short as his arms and those weren’t long. Haaaaaaaaaaaa, as Shelby says.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:20 am
The world can be strange

Sometimes I am surprised about this big ole world....even though I can't say why...Lilly & I know how this place can throw a curve ball or just flat out knock the breath outta ya....
Live & learn I say.......amazing stuff happens here at times...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/18/13 - 08:24 am
Good Morning "Big Red NEW" America

I like it. The AC employee, employer or even you Sean need a big raise.

Lilly, every time you leave the topic and come back, the Big Red News disappears. Allows you to know of any new post.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:28 am
River

You couldn't pay me enough money to stick my hands in that swamp infested water..they are NUTS!!

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:30 am
I don't like it cgee

We aren't dummies....we know what we have read...bring back discussion page.....I do like color though...I have always thought we should choose our own color on here...I don't want red though!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/18/13 - 08:30 am
CG - tx

Cool - And I'm glad it's red and not blue!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 08:32 am
Cousin Named Cooterboy

I have a cousin in SC called Cooterboy to this day even though he is grown. A cooter is a turtle in case you wondered and, yes, he kind of looks like one.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/18/13 - 08:33 am
Wheel Barrow

Well, RM, your Boy’s Life article would have pre-dated my Star Trek episode. Maybe Gene Roddenberry got the idea from Boy’s Life.

Hey, about the middle school dating story — can you imagine any of those middle schoolers and high schoolers trying to mess with the researchers by answering any of the survey questions falsely? Nah.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:33 am

2 likes & 1 dislike so there....raise my patooney.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/18/13 - 08:37 am
Swamp People

Hey, don't make fun of swamp people. Yesterday I just learned from The Augusta Chronicle that I live in a swamp — a food swamp! I cannot obtain fresh vegetables in my swamp. Does that explain my outlook on life?

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:39 am
hahhaah

LLamb is missing his veggies...now we know why he posts the way he does...lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/13 - 08:39 am
LL, yeah, I saw your

LL, yeah, I saw your vegetable dish in the food swamp. Cheetos. Ha.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:40 am
Now

If we could figure out what Cgee & River are missing.....hah

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/18/13 - 08:45 am
Sennit...

I understand most of us are able to distinguish the new posts from earlier. But you must remember there are some who support the Emperor, no matter what, who must be told what is new or they would never make it off the first page. It is so sad not to be able to think for yourself.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:46 am
Cooterboy & Doodlebug

I had kin with names like that...even in their old age folks still called them that...Uncle Coot was the moonshine kin..the one who almost was shot by 2 female nabors of granmama..on Peach Orch Rd area..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/18/13 - 08:47 am
Shelby is an Ax Man, not a

Shelby is an Ax Man, not a Swamp Person.

seenitB4 03/18/13 - 08:48 am
Yep RKill

But I don't think they work at the AC...or maybe just a couple of them....:):)

Nightmare Plantation in Grovetown keeping doors closed this year

The Grovetown based haunted house, Nightmare Plantation, released a statement on its Web site saying the location is taking the year off due to damage from February's ice storm.