Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO THE LADY IN SCRUBS sitting in the car sucking sauce from the chicken wings and tossing each greasy bone out of her window, please be considerate of others. Use the trash can. Think of the people who track it into their vehicles and the animals this attracts into an area where there are many moving vehicles.

A TRUE LEADER WOULD have said, “I messed up,” rather than “we” or “My team and I.” The inability to own up to mistakes must be one of those liberal, elitist traits.

ANY STUDENT THINKING of going to college, don’t believe any slick marketing material you receive in the mail. Get in your car, drive to the college, talk to real students to find out.

WHY IS CONGRESS getting the blame for problems they don’t create?

HERE IS A NOVEL IDEA: Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants. Then maybe we will have enough jobs for our unemployed legal citizens and the unemployment rate will drop significantly.

TRAVIS ON CHANNEL 12, please talk loud enough so we can understand you.

THE YOUNG LADY MAULED BY by a lion in California was talking on her cellphone while cleaning the lion’s cage. Is it possible that she might still be alive today if she had been paying attention?

TO THOSE SO INCLINED, be aware. Road rage is a psychiatric disorder and those convicted might find themselves in a loony bin. Aggressive driving is a criminal offense and those convicted might find themselves in a jail cell.

SO, IF THE AUGUSTA COMMISSION has to hold work sessions, what does it do the other days it meets?

I WAS WATCHING THEM sell shoes on QVC tonight. I have never seen so many beautiful women with such big feet. What’s going on?

ONCE AGAIN, TRYING TO legislate stupidity instead of taking care of something that really matters. Keep right.

IT IS INSULTING TO the minority community in the area to suggest that moving voting from November to July would disenfranchise their voting rights. It makes it appear the individuals lack the motivation to make it to the polling places at any time other than November.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:21 pm
Well #1

I have never observed anyone doing that sort of thing, but if I ever did, I can assure you that within minutes she/he would have a LEO knocking on the car window with a Littering Citation in his hand.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:35 pm
@2

You are close, but IMO the better word for this leader is "Narcissistic!"

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:36 pm
@3

Darn good advice.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:37 pm
@4

See Rant #2.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:41 pm
@5

Good idea, but first we have to find those that will work for 8 to 10 dollars an hour when they are making a good living doing nothing but opening the mail box.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:42 pm
@6

I believe most electronic devices today have what is called a volume control...

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:49 pm
@7

That's very possibly true.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:55 pm
@8

Road rage is a psychiatric disorder.

Yes and you will always be faced with it when driving. The real intelligent way of dealing with it, is to get out of the way and lets them go. Never give them the intelligent finger because all you are doing is amplifying the disorder.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 09:20 pm
@10

Isn't there a saying, "the bigger your feet, the smarter you are."

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 06:59 pm
@12

What more can be said.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 07:00 pm
Done

My one liners, now you all can have at it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/16/13 - 08:14 pm
Weird

Something weird about sitting there looking at women modeling shoes on the QVC Channel and thinking about their feet.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/16/13 - 08:16 pm
What gives?

I submitted better rants & RAVES than are being posted.

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 08:21 pm
nocnoc

me too!

CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 08:22 pm
RM

Maybe the one from Walmart.

allhans
allhans 03/16/13 - 09:07 pm
Models, as a rule, are tall,

Models, as a rule, are tall, like 6 feet and over and somehow it seems that tall women have big feet. Probably the same goes for men. Although we do hear all sorts of things about the size of feet, so who knows.

allhans
allhans 03/16/13 - 09:07 pm
#1..Disgusting. Ick.

#1..Disgusting. Ick.

GGpap
GGpap 03/17/13 - 01:02 am
#2

You betcha! After all, didn't we learn from G.W. Bush that it took real guts to "own up" to ones major mistakes?

GGpap

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/17/13 - 08:33 am
Funny thing

I don't ever hear a woman say..."Dang that man has good looking feet"
we don't waste time on feet....but if they were VEEERY small we would notice THAT!

Good am Quackers....

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/17/13 - 08:38 am
So funny to read this....

HERE IS A NOVEL IDEA: Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants.

Sure thing....I'm sure they will hop on the next bus heading south of the USA.....hahaha....why would they leave a giving giverment like we have.....heck..I can see the workers leaving first....we should create our own country & only workers can apply.

junkyardpig
junkyardpig 03/17/13 - 09:23 am
improper cell phone use

thye other day I was stuck out on peach orchard trying to enter the racetrac to purchase gas. I was not able to enter because a lady wasw blocking the entrance with her large pickup truck while chatting on her cell phone. I drove over the curb to get out of the way of traffic. I blew the horn and the lady flipped me the bird and yelled at me. I got out and told her she didnt have to talk on the phone everytime she breathed. im sick of all these cell phone users being so conducting rude and dangerous behavior so much. wish I had a communication jamming device like the military

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/17/13 - 09:32 am
TV

They say the TV camera adds one shoe size to your feet.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/17/13 - 09:52 am
A roll of socks in your pants

A roll of socks in your pants also make your feet bigger.

harley_52
harley_52 03/17/13 - 09:59 am
A Potato Works Too...

....but it must be properly placed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/17/13 - 10:00 am
^^^ yall ain't right but funny

Something ain't right here either...GOB just picked up the paper & he also picked up the mail...yep it is sunday & no mailman today...either we are a day late everyday getting the mail or some fairy is putting mail in our box at night....we do get our meds messed up sometimes & I have taken double doses on occasion....
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...I understand that quote now..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/17/13 - 10:18 am
About these dang food swamps...

Years ago they didn't have a Burger King on every corner & you didn't have folks wondering what am I to do about food either...why is that the case today.....makes 0 sense to me...
My granma always had some kind of garden....the patch of land she used really wasn't that big .....she NEVER worried about having enough to eat.....she canned---bought flour-coffee-grits-crisco & etc......& had her own chicks.......so why is it a problem today....

Did we forget how to feed ourselves....has the daddy giverment taken away the basic tool of living.....can we THINK for ourselves anymore....do we see how totally dependant people are today....

jimmymac
jimmymac 03/17/13 - 10:36 am
FOOD

We now have whole groups of people incapable of fending for themselves. They're so used to the goverment giving them everything they need to live that they vote strictly for who gives them the most for the least amount of effort. I look for them to start expecting free transportation to the voting booth as their next "right".

Jane18
Jane18 03/17/13 - 11:07 am
..and seenit........

...guess who the "dependees" are, and who "The Great DEpender" is....

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/17/13 - 01:11 pm
Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants.

If you deport all of the illegals then who is going to do the manual labor jobs? Certainly not white or black citizens!!!! Too lazy and too fat!!

harley_52
harley_52 03/17/13 - 01:14 pm
Sweet Son...

It depends on whether we choose to continue subsidizing laziness. Whites and blacks alike WILL work if their food, shelter, medical care, and other life needs are dependent on their working.

If we, as a society, choose to pay people for NOT working, then you're right. But that's not where we should go.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.