Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AZZIZ AND HIS “team” should pay for this “mess up” out of their own pockets.

HAS ANYONE investigated experience and the credentials leading GRU? They have no experience leading a large university. Nor do they have the credentials.

OBAMA GOING OUT to lunch with Republican congressmen? He doesn’t have to suck up to them. His first term he did, but now he has nothing to lose. Be tough on them; don’t take them out lunch. That costs a lot of money. Let them pay for their own lunch. They don’t care about poor people, anyway.

MARION WILLIAMS isn’t the voice of south Augusta. I live in south Augusta. I didn’t vote for him. He doesn’t speak for me.

AIKEN COUNTY Councilwoman Kathy Rawls has no vision of the future.

SHERIFF RICHARD Roundtree already has a raise. I have been in my job for two years and I haven’t seen one. Do I get one, too? Maybe I just don’t count.

IF YOU DRIVE A car, truck or van, please check your headlights and your taillights. I have seen so many burned-out ones lately. Please be safe.

NO MATTER WHAT the president of GRU says, we know he was behind this from the beginning. Someone should send him a one-way ticket.

I THINK THERE ARE A lot of paranoid people out there who think they need Marion Williams’ combative personality to stand up for their interests.

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO have the barking dog in Walton Landing subdivision, please keep your dog inside. It is a nuisance. Be a good neighbor.

MARION WILLIAMS SAID that he needs to start a business so he can make $250,000 a year from the city. He already did that. He sold a church to the city. What do you do with that?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/15/13 - 07:48 pm
OBAMA GOING OUT to lunch with

But America has it all to loose, or squander away which seems to be the Emperors plan. Case in point, the same week he said we didn't have money for White House tours he GAVE Egypt $250,000,000.00 Hmmmm, if I declare my property a soverign country do I get foreign aid?

Jake
Jake 03/16/13 - 12:18 am
Last one, Shake Hands.....

....and breathing. Nothing is worse than sitting in a theater and having someone behind you burp their dinner.

Wearing gloves will look more pleasant than Dispose-A-Wipes but the choice is yours.

Last, but not least, looking odd seems to be the new "in". But you have the advantage of it keeping you healthy, which others may try to emulate.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/16/13 - 05:31 am
Same Old, same Old

some body bump the record player.
Augusta is stuck in a loop, AGAIN.

#1 If only politicians and administrator were held financially liable for mistakes, abuse, misuse and stupidity.
#2 Its a politically appointed position, a smile and wink is the only qualification besides a degree.
#3 But America has plenty to lose.
#4 MW is just a Mouth running in high gear, trying to get more and more attention.
#5 Next run for her office, and put your vision to work.
#6 Run for office, get elected, walk in the door and demand a raise. Until then be thankful you have a job.
#7 Thanks for the safety reminder.
#8 The replace him he must replace who appointed him.
#9 Yes there ARE a lot of low information voters, who just want to stick it to everyone, even if it includes themselves.
#10 Call the code enforcement, 1 warning ticket usually is all it takes for jerks to purchase a Bark collar.
#11 MARION WILLIAMS - A pompous fool, elected by... SURPRISE ... people that felt he was like them.
#12 Wise words in this crowded population.

When I was younger, I use to wondered why GOD decided humans would not live forever. Then I met a politician and understood.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/16/13 - 06:45 am
Howard Hughes Lives

“I DON’T SHAKE HANDS or get too close in the face of people so they won’t breathe on me, and I open doors with a handkerchief. It might look odd, but it keeps me healthy.”

Meet Howard Hughes.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/16/13 - 06:50 am
Obama-Republican Dinners

Obama’s dinners with the Republicans are on the right track, but could be better. They should meet out back on the White House lawn with a few cases of beer and a pig cooking over an open fire for a day or so. Let everyone get a little drunk and have Joe Biden shoot a shotgun up in the air for fun. There would be more friendships created and more problems solved than at a hundred official conferences and dinners.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/16/13 - 07:04 am
Daylight Savings Time Observation

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:07 am
OR maybe

They are just tied up signing in to a place .......like this place...uuughh

stop with the sign ins.....it's ME!!!

I bet they are mad because I told about their points game going on..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:11 am
Germ Phobia

I live with a guy who won't touch a door---railing--stairs etc....& when we sit down in a restaurant he won't order til he washes his hands....he will step on cracks in the sidewalk though....

So Dear Abby......should I keep him or what??? :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:28 am
Bump it is right nocnoc

Azziz
Marion Williams
Pres Obama

Bump the record player please.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 08:29 am
Good Morning "What Will Happen Today" America

I almost have to agree with nocnoc. "Same O, Same O. It get tiresome typing the same old common sense and facts over and over and over....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 08:32 am
RM

"I've noticed since the time change, everyone appears to wake up later on weekends. It must be related to the morning darkness. Or maybe everyone stays awake later at night now?"

I now wake up at 06:30 instead of 05:30......could putting in an additional 1 or 2 hours a day of work have anything to do with it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:32 am
One more sign in

Just one more sign in & I'm sending the posse after ya...KSM will lead the pack....she will be in your area & it won't be hard for her to swing by the office on Broad....don't say I didn't warn you...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 08:40 am
And My Thought For Today Is

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:44 am
Good am sweetness (CGEE)

Did you see my toenails in that other place?? The long purple nails about 3 inches long......aren't they purty...LOL

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/16/13 - 08:47 am
@ seenit

You shouldn't have to sign in more than once and then very rarely after that. Send me an email detailing exactly what is happening and I will have someone contact you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:50 am

Ok..If it happens again I will......it is great to know that you are on the job 24/7......how you do it is another question......evidently the time change didn't touch you....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 08:51 am
OOH Lordy

I knew just mentioning KSM would bring out the defense..lol ahahah

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/16/13 - 09:05 am
Yes B4, I Did

Now I know you are not into toe sucking.....

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/16/13 - 09:11 am
Have a good day everybody

Have a good day everybody

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/16/13 - 09:12 am
Yuck

Ya'll remind me of the donut story :)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/16/13 - 09:13 am
Hey Sean

Happy St Patty's weekend everyone - how do you make Bloody Mary's green???

allhans
allhans 03/16/13 - 09:19 am
Obama...spending 2 billion

Obama...spending 2 billion plus to get a missile defense going that he shut down when he took office, calling it unnecessary.
It looks like he has spent more than even we knew...what happened to the money
he" saved?

Green sweater and derby..oooout of here..

dichotomy
32062
dichotomy 03/16/13 - 09:20 am
"MARION WILLIAMS SAID that he

"MARION WILLIAMS SAID that he needs to start a business "

Have you noticed that Marion Williams has now gotten Alvin Mason to carry his "drag strip" mantra for him now. Here is a clue guys.....we DO NOT WANT A NOISY DRAG STRIP IN SOUTH AUGUSTA. We who reside here DO NOT WANT to listen to roaring engines all weekend. We want something that encourages residential and retail development. Not something that drives it away. Have you ever heard the noise a drag strip generates that can be heard miles away.....all weekend. There is a reason most drag strips are located WAY out in rural areas.......THEY ARE OBNOXIOUS NOISE GENERATORS where the sound carries for miles.

Why can't any of you clowns ever come up with an idea that would spur RESIDENTIAL development of the 7000 acres of land you forcibly rezoned out here the south end instead of trying to get the taxpayers to fund something to pad you and your relatives' pockets.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/16/13 - 09:25 am
Danger/Danger I've been thinking again

Want to bet we have the biggest turn-out of voters in 2016? Hopefully, 2014. And hopefully it's the GOP voters.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 09:43 am
pc words

I have been thinking too...yikes....sometimes I think what we need to do is say those ugly non pc words over & over & over...til they have 0 meaning...I mean all of them....all the banned words of all kind....make the audience just sick to death of ever hearing any of them...so sick that they disappear....got that...

Now I have to get my scraps of paper together ....tax stuff & such....while hubby helps the church clean yards...he left me with hundreds of slips of paper & says to me "Make some sense of this "

Make sense of income tax is IMPOSSIBLE.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/16/13 - 09:46 am
cgee said

Now I know you are not into toe sucking.....

Not my own toes anyway....lol....haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/16/13 - 09:49 am
Lilly asked, "Happy St

Lilly asked, "Happy St Patty's weekend everyone - how do you make Bloody Mary's green???"

Barf them up the next morning and they'll be green.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/16/13 - 09:55 am
River

Good one..The sage voice of experience.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/16/13 - 10:14 am
RM

Yuck, yuck and double yuck! Let's head south and see how long it takes to get picked up! I'll run!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/16/13 - 10:17 am
JTF

And B4 can come with us - fraid we might have to resuscitate CG he came with us - where's Shrimp - he could tell us all about the Dems :)

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.