Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

NOW THAT SO MANY events are moving from Augusta to Columbia County, why don’t the GreenJackets move there? We the people of North Augusta do not want the GreenJackets or that stadium over here in our city.

RAVE FOR Deputy Miller of the Columbia County Sheriff’s Depart­ment! He went above and beyond when someone backed into my car. He was courteous, professional and thorough.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED that after President Obama gives a speech the next day he is either on vacation or out giving his political speeches? How often has any one seen him in his Oval Office actually doing his job?

SO, MUSIC EDUCATORS have been right all along. It is the best mind trainer of all. Proof, both Richmond and Columbia County STAR students are musicians in avocations. Me too.

WE IN THE USA need our federal government. We need their rules and regulations because they truly are in the best interest of all Americans. We would be better off having a totally 100 percent federal government.

RANT TO BLACK community members for bringing up things in the past when we can’t control it. I don’t understand that. Rave to the black community members who don’t dwell on the past.

WITH ALL OF the great plays to choose from, I am disappointed that the Augusta Players chose one about a gay drag performer.

SHERIFF ROUNDTREE getting a raise right after he took office is as much deserved as Obama’s getting the Peace Prize right after he took office.

EVER SINCE Leon Panetta took over as defense secretary he has been saying that the Taliban forces have been degraded and we have them on the run. Now we find that the statistics he was basing his assessment on were inaccurate. By the way, don’t expect Panetta to come out and say he was wrong.

I HOPE THAT EVERYONE on welfare and food stamps has to take a drug test.

RAVES TO OFFICERS Patterson and Lofton of the Harlem Police Department. They are wonderful officers who care about people.
They helped me as I was walking. May God bless them.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/12/13 - 09:32 pm
To the poster that we need a 100 percent fed gov..

The fact that you actually exist scares me.

I though people like you, were the delusions of Extremists and Paranoid people headed for the funny farm.

Jake
Jake 03/12/13 - 11:16 pm
#4, Music

I agree that music is a good discipline for the mind. I have seen the results in my children and their friends. In this age of digital/visual overload, it is good to see young students taking time to do something with their time that is rewarding.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/12/13 - 11:40 pm
#1. And you know that how?

#1. And you know that how? AFAIK there has been no straw or official poll taken of the people of N.A.

#4. If I am not mistaken, music education is compulsory in parts of Europe. I also believe that I read somewhere that music education improves math skills. I couldn't carry a tune if my life depended on it, but I wish I had the opportunity to try when I was young.

#5. There are countries that have that. Delta is ready when you are, but I don't think you will like it.

#6. Dittos

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/13/13 - 06:57 am
Good Morning Awguster

North Awguster doesn't want a professional sports team. Praises for local LEO'S. Is that the theme from "The Twilight Zone" I hear in the background?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/13/13 - 07:45 am
I wonder if guitar and fiddle

I wonder if guitar and fiddle playing of country music makes you smarter too? I suspect it just makes you smile and not worry about things so much.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:08 am
The Ducks

I wonder if watching Duck Dynasty makes you smarter...it makes me smile a lot & laugh out loud too....& I love that theme song ..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:11 am
Oh me oh my they said this..

What you want & what you get are 2 different puppies....just ask South Augusta ...

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/13/13 - 08:13 am
Uncle Sy just makes me laugh

Uncle Sy just makes me laugh so much because he is so real. No actor could do him justice. But to combine subjects for a moment, you won't see trespassers on Robertson land. Sy would blow them up like he did his old truck. The public should realize almost all land belongs to someone and shouldn't use it for anything without permission.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/13/13 - 08:16 am
Compulsory Music

itsanotherday1 posted:

If I am not mistaken, music education is compulsory in parts of Europe.

Maybe that's why European music is so crappy.

:-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:19 am
Uncle Sy

So true....he makes that program ROCK!

They all seem to be the real thing....don't think they ever had an acting lesson....& the posters on here that have the guts to be the real thing are the MOST interesting..IMHO..

As much as I disagree with Austin...I have to say he is the real thing!!
Take that any way yall want to..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:30 am
When they say this...

We would be better off having a totally 100 percent federal government.

I wiah they would expand on that thought....what do they really want....no freedom of thought....no travel without an ok from daddy gov..----what are they saying!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:36 am
Leon Panetta

Leon has gone on to greener pastures.....don't think h is worried about anything but fishing or whatever....
He LEFT the building!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/13/13 - 08:44 am
Good Morning "2016" America

So Rant 3, what's the big deal? He wasn't even in the Oval Office when he allowed the murder of 4 Americans. The Hammer & Sickle Man's job description has only 2 requirements ** Eliminate Republicans and Destroy America ** Period!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 08:53 am
Good morning Appling Ga

We could make a tv series out of a few characters on here....what name though.....couldn't use Ducks....how about The Quacks...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/13/13 - 09:28 am
Opening Song on Duck Dyn

I hear that song played in other places. This show is so popular. The hour long Christmas special became the most-watched A&E episode in the network's history, topping shows like CBS’ Survivor, ABC’s Nashville and Fox’s The X-Factor.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/13/13 - 09:37 am
Speaking of Quacks. "We need

Speaking of Quacks.

"We need their rules and regulations because they truly are in the best interest of all Americans. We would be better off having a totally 100 percent federal government."

This is the kind of voter you get when you have too many people on welfare, food stamps, and Section 8. If this doesn't scare you then you must be one of them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 09:50 am
I'm happy happy happy....knowing yall quacky quacky quacky folks

Well my fellow quackies....I promised someone in this house I would get busy EARLY this am with paper work & such...

We have to come up with our theme song ...I'll be looking...this is Phil & the Ducks....

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/13/13 - 09:58 am
Heard about a new study

conducted recently.
Said women are grumpier than men in the morning.
don't believe it, I'm only grumpy until my 1st sip of coffee, no more than 2 minutes after waking up

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 10:01 am
THIS might surprise yall....

ok now....let us make the Quacks that wealthy....who is in this....who will be the ceo.....let us make this work!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 10:02 am
zeena

Coffee does take some of the grumpy out of me....a little Baileys will take ALL of the grumpy out....yeehaw!

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/13/13 - 10:03 am
Dale Murphy

The braves are gonna have a Dale Murphy day this summer.
He was my absolute favorite baseball player.
Good guy, clean cut and a good role model for kids.
I don't follow baseball like I use to, never use to miss a game.(Braves)
Can't really name many players these days.

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/13/13 - 10:05 am
Baileys in the morning ??

I would never make it to work.......

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/13/13 - 10:09 am
Dale Murphy

A shame he will not make the Hall of Fame.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 10:12 am
I understand zeena

Retirement does have some advantages......gotta read a big AJC paper now......might get some knowledge.....see yall later!

Will probably just get my blood pressure up though...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/13 - 10:14 am
CEO

hmmmm speaking of a ceo....jtf comes to mind....we do need a real business man for this job.....we need to consider the smarties on here not just the funny quacks..

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/13/13 - 10:31 am
jtf

I think he still has a chance with the veterans committee
but if not, he still has lot of fans that know what a great player and role model he is and he did it without steriods......

Jane18
Jane18 03/13/13 - 10:46 am
R & R #5

Are you crazy? If that is the way you feel, move to Russia, N.Korea, Cuba, anywhere, just go! Only someone just like obama, pelosi, reid, etc., would say what #5 said!(no wonder America is broke and between a rock and a hard place!)

KSL
KSL 03/13/13 - 11:24 am
Jane18

More likely poorly educated!

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/13/13 - 12:11 pm
@SeenitB4

Looks like one person gave you a "thumbs down" on all of your comments. How could they do that? Guess what? I gave you all "thumbs up" and cancelled out their votes!!

Say, we know you love DD so which one of the bearded guys would you like to woo you? Just askin. :) LOL!

Nunn leads Senate race, poll says

ATLANTA -- The closer the election gets, the harder it is to tell who is going to win, according to a poll released today showing the races for governor and the Senate effectively tied.