Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO ALL the people who dislike Marion Williams. He is the voice of south Augusta, and if you don’t believe it, run against him. Oh, and by the way, I am not from Augusta. I am from South Carolina.

RAVE TO THE GREAT conservative columnists in The Augusta Chronicle. In 2016, I would vote for Walter Williams, Herman Cain or Ben Carson for president and Star Parker and Michelle Malkin for VP or any other important position in the administration.

THE OVERPASS ON Olive Road costs a lot of money to repair. I would suggest putting telephone poles on both sides of the road about 40 yards before you get to the overpass and string across it a breakaway cable six inches lower than the bridge so he will know he hit something. I would rather replace that snap away cable than repair that overpass.

SHERIFF ROUNDTREE, solve the crime of who stole Richmond County’s tax money.

RAVE FOR OUR PASTOR Larry Harmon of West Acres. He went to the treatment center where one of his members was having chemotherapy and visited and prayed with them. We are blessed to have a pastor who really cares about us. God bless you pastor.

WE DO NOT HAVE A computer, we do not have fax. Why have this phone number for rants and raves if you are not going to put our rants and raves in the paper. This is not fair to the public. Just take this number off if you are not going to put our rants and raves in the paper.

LET NORTH AUGUSTA have its stadium and let them pay for it. Get your pocketbooks ready because the drunks and druggies of North Augusta will love a new place to party.

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA could do for the economy what he has done for gun and ammunition sales, we would be sitting pretty.

SOME PEOPLE down on people who don’t have a lot and walk around town. Even though I don’t have a car and walk, I am still special to God. Your fine homes and plenty of money is not what counts with God.

carcraft
carcraft 03/06/13 - 08:30 pm
Ah, Must be a wait staff

Ah, Must be a wait staff member who has to pay taxes on tips if the bill and tip are paid for with a credit card!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/13 - 12:19 am
Obama's sequestration

A guy stopped at a local gas station & after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car to drink his cola and watched a couple of men working along the roadside.
One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind him and filled in the hole.

The men worked right past the guy with the soft drink and went on down the road. "I can't stand this," said the man tossing the can into a trash container and heading down the road toward the men.

"Hold it, hold it," he said to the men. "Can you tell me what's going on here with all this digging and refilling?"

"Well, we work for the government and we're just doing our job," one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other fills it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the taxpayers' money?"

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us: me, Elmer and Leroy. I dig the hole, Elmer sticks in the tree, and Leroy here puts the dirt back. Elmer's job's been cut... So now it's just me an' Leroy. "

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/13 - 02:09 am
Marion the voice of South Augusta?

Why do you choose to insult the good people of South Augusta?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/13 - 12:40 am
Last comment

You apparently found a computer and have the literacy to use it..... I call baloney on your comment.

#4. If you read the article you would know that they've tried every trick in the book; including dangling stuff to warn them of impending clearance.

#6. Where I grew up and went to church, that was expected. Why is it special in his case? I ask because I know members who aren't as enthused with him as you are. Just sayin'...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/13 - 12:29 am
Dittos to Carcraft; he

Dittos to Carcraft; he accurately calls baloney on that comment. I pay off my CC every month; I use it to gain FF points and/or cash back, depending on which one I use.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 07:14 am
Voice of south augusta

Nahhh...I don't think he is the only voice.....Rebel Dichotomy do a great job on here..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 07:18 am
That does have a nice ring to it!!

LET NORTH AUGUSTA have its stadium and let them pay for it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 07:20 am
Now you know that isn't true

CREDIT CARD USERS, if you have to charge your dinner, you can’t afford to eat.

some just don't want to carry a lot of cash....they say Ted Turner would have to constantly borrow money from others...because he didn't carry cash.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/07/13 - 07:59 am
Mr. Williams in the last election

did not run for a South Side Seat.

He was elected to Super Dist 9 according to the ARC website?
That racially designed district starts in the Norteast corner of ARC (East Boundary/Sandbar Ferry) and continues south to only include a very small part of the current Tobacco Rd. acknowledged South Side dividing line.

His political goals were and are to discredit Dist 6, 8, and 10 and to run his conies in those seats and rule via puppets most of the county. See: http://www.augustaga.gov/index.aspx?nid=1470
for a visual concept.

Now that his agenda has been exposed, it has become a major political stumbling block. Because when he organized the attack on 2 honest men, too many woke up and have seen his plans.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 07:55 am
non noc

Thanks for clearing that up.....

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/07/13 - 08:15 am

I was waiting for someone else to say, what has been common political knowledge for months.

He, and few others Downtown, are running a Political Power Play for Majority Voting & Budget control.

I understand, that their next step while the CENSURE is still fresh, is to wage a media campaign to revisit, or force ARC redistricting.

Likely he will play the same cards he played before, while demanding
that the voting lines be redrawn citing injustices and demographic shifts.

Remember, he only needs 1 more district to control the budget vote.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 08:26 am
B4 I exit here

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

I may be blamed for many things BUT I will always be true to myself.....please use the ignore button on my posts if thou art offended..thank you ...

seeyall later...work work calls me

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/07/13 - 08:29 am
Couple of Points

The credit card rant was made by someone who thinks you are poor if you use one. Says a lot about the person.

About the N. Aug. stadium, don't forget the Greenjackets were bought by a group from N. Aug. I can't see them staying in Augusta.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/07/13 - 08:43 am
Except for

Cgee-River-RKill-Rebel-llamb-harley-ksm-jtf-anotherday-noc noc-sweetson-ksl-trouble-coldbeer- & few others-shrimp-lilly etc
..Don't use the ignore on me...I will only get mad & baaad..:)

My memory stinks...so if I left ya out---didn't mean to.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/13 - 09:05 am
Good Morning "Parallel World" America

If you ever want to compare America to another country,,,,Use Venezuela. What is it now and what it will be.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/13 - 09:11 am
@2

"CREDIT CARD USERS, if you have to charge your dinner, you can’t afford to eat. Why don’t you carry a little cash in your hip pocket and you won’t have to pay extra on that card."

Sounds like an individual that doesn't have credit to get a credit card.
I never pay extra, pay my monthly charges within 30 days.
Question: has you ever tried getting cash back when you have been scam or made a bad transaction? Easy with a Credit Card!

countyman
19519
countyman 03/07/13 - 09:17 am
I thought Gordon Hwy was the

I thought Gordon Hwy was the dividing line for South Augusta. The area between Tobacco rd and Hephzibah city limits(Hwy 88) is South Augusta too.

#1. I think you should focus on the politics in South Carolina. Corey Johnson defeated Williams last time out, and Alvin Mason would do the same if they ran in South Auguta. Marion Williams has no chance
at winning the seat of Joe Jackson or Wayne Guilfoyle in South Augusta.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/13 - 09:21 am
@3

You have a Second on that one!

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/07/13 - 09:35 am
Countyman - Never Said he'd run

for a Dist 6, 8, or 10 Seat.
Just one of his crowds, hand picked puppets.

1 more Commissioner seat and the Downtown crowd has the balance of power to tax, spend and lay waste as they see fit.

Redraw the District lines and that power can come quicker that some might feel safe invest or re-invest in.

allhans
allhans 03/07/13 - 09:41 am
What apears to be a credit

What apears to be a credit card might be an ATM/debit card. The tip is added. Same as cash, just easier...

BamaMan
BamaMan 03/07/13 - 09:52 am
Good Morning all!

My minister visits members and anyone he's asked to visit, in the hospital on a daily basis. Glad yours did that time.

Yes, that is an insult to the fine people of South Augusta.

harley_52
harley_52 03/07/13 - 10:54 am
Why Have A Credit Card...

...when an EBT Card works just as well?

As a bonus, you're not even spending your own money.

What a country!

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/07/13 - 11:16 am
Marion Williams is a lot of

Marion Williams is a lot of mouth but he is not the voice of South Augusta. The fact that you support Marion Williams, and I presume people with similar sympathies before him, might explain why South Augusta is in the condition it is in. Instead of sending Williams downtown to wage racial warfare against the white commissioners you might try electing a candidate that actually trys to make sure South Agusta, ALL OF SOUTH AUGUSTA, gets it's fair share of your tax money. Marion Williams no more supports South Augusta than Grady Smith represents South Richmond County. They are both votes for hire by either side of the downtown clowns. Super district commissioners are useless except to make noise and advance their own interests.

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/07/13 - 11:34 am
Credit Card Users "Rant,"

It just so happens that when I use my Credit Card, I get a cashback bonus!!!!! Do your research before you flap your gums about something YOU know NOTHING about!!!!!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/07/13 - 12:43 pm
CGee and I think alike.

A lot of us use the credit card for convenience. We just use the credit card company's money for a month and then pay the balance at the end of the month. No going to the bank or ATM for money and no waiting for us to get our pennies and nickles out of our pockets.

happychimer
happychimer 03/07/13 - 02:15 pm
I use my check card and say

I use my check card and say credit. It is the same as writing a check.I pay no fee for it, because it is money from my checking account.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/07/13 - 03:14 pm
happy

You mean you say "debit", not "credit".

happychimer
happychimer 03/07/13 - 03:31 pm
no. I say credit. yes it is

no. I say credit. yes it is called debit, but I can use it debit and put in a password or I can say credit and sign. Either way, it comes out of my checking account.

happychimer
happychimer 03/07/13 - 03:32 pm
And don't say I don't know

And don't say I don't know what I am talking about, because I worked as a cashier for 8 years.