Rants & Raves

RANT TO COLUMBIA COUNTY Animal Control. Is there a leash law in Co­lumbia County or not? For years we have put up with the animals of uncaring owners, and for years we have followed the guidelines established by calling animal control, only to hear “lip service.” I am fearful for my grandchildren’s safety with these dogs roaming the streets in my neighborhood. If you are the owner of these animals and are reading this rant, take note! My animal control solution is more permanent than Columbia County Animal Control’s wimpish efforts.

WHEN THE SOUTH GETS hit with storms, the national news media is hardly aware. But when the Northeast gets creamed, the media goes into overdrive.

A MAJOR RANT to the guy that won $500,000 on the south side several months ago. Did you forget that you volunteered to come back and tip the sales clerk? Last time I spoke with her, she said she had not seen you again. How quickly people forget their promises.

COLOSSAL RAVES for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. They had jugglers, clowns, flip-flopping acrobats and a strong man (just like our national government.) They also had an international dog-and-pony show (with camels) just like our foreign policy, except that there was no loss of life during the performance.

I HELD AN estate sale this weekend and wanted to thank those who came and paid for my mother’s property. To those who left with things they did not purchase, if you can live with it, I can live without it!

MAKES ME SICK to see the headline: “Commis­sion to discuss raises.” The firemen and policemen of the Augusta-Richmond County departments haven’t seen any type of pay increase in years, not even a “cost of living increase.” The new “boss” should worry about his employees.

RAVES TO CHRONICLE sports staff for the coverage of the Riverhawks. The exposure is welcome and needed for our local pro teams.

SO, AFTER BEING in office a little over a month, the sheriff thinks he deserves a raise? I find it interesting that there is no mention of raises for the men and women whose lives are always in jeopardy with each call they make.

RANT TO OBAMA’S hidden agenda. We all have been lied to by the Obama administration at one point or another.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/04/13 - 01:45 pm
Lilly, can your husband cut

Lilly, can your husband cut some firewood for me and loan me some money?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/04/13 - 01:48 pm
.223 is NOT the same as

.223 is NOT the same as 5.56mm. Close but NOT the same.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/04/13 - 02:02 pm
Sheriff's Salary

I’ve been thinking about the salary for sheriff that was in the budget, but marked through later after Roundtree won the election. I have a feeling that salary, the same as Ronnie Strength was making, would have been left intact without a word being said if someone else had won the election.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/04/13 - 02:24 pm
Odd

On page 2A of the Chronicle print edition they have celebrity news each day. Today's seemed a little strange to me. They told us that Greg Lohman was seriously injured in a car crash in Kentucky. Well, I didn't know who Greg Lohman was, but the article points out that he is Kellie Pickler's drummer. I'm so out of the loop that I also did not know who Kellie Pickler was, but it turns out she's a country music star.

The thing that seems out of place is that the story contains just one picture, and it's a publicity photo of Ms. Pickler. Her blonde hair is fixed nicely, she's got on makeup, and she has a big smile on her face. It just seems wrong in a story about a serious injury from a car crash.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/04/13 - 02:26 pm
RM

Sure!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/04/13 - 02:29 pm
I've got more money than I know what to do with

Is it true that the money makers are dumping their stocks?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/04/13 - 03:25 pm
hmmmmm.... at 1:48 I posted a

hmmmmm.... at 1:48 I posted a simple statement of fact, with a link to support it, and got a thumbs down. Sure wish I knew the basis for that.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/04/13 - 03:49 pm
HA

It's a Democrat, why would you care?

harley_52
harley_52 03/04/13 - 03:38 pm
"223 is NOT the same as 5.56mm. Close but NOT the same."

True, but irrelevant to the discussion about Homeland Security's ammo buys.

They are purchasing fully automatic carbines and billions of rounds of ammo to be used in those carbines as well as various types of handguns. Much of what they're buying is NOT target ammo. It's hollowpoint ammo designed to inflict big wounds, destroy internal organs, and smash bone.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/04/13 - 03:43 pm
I know, Harley...I was just

I know, Harley...I was just responding to the post that said they were the same.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/04/13 - 03:45 pm
JTF....Just curious.

JTF....Just curious. Methinks there is someone here that just doesn't like me no matter what I say.....Probably the same ones that support Obama no matter what he does or says.

harley_52
harley_52 03/04/13 - 04:11 pm
" Methinks there is someone here....

....that just doesn't like me no matter what I say"

That's possible, but I think it has more to do with people's desires to increase their own points totals.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/04/13 - 04:54 pm
Angela

Don't worry about those TSD's. Those that have ever made a comment about The Hammer & Sickle will always get one. Thank them anyway, you still get a point.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/04/13 - 05:25 pm
Yes, HA; because of your

Yes, HA; because of your political leanings, the low information reader will thump you for saying it is a beautiful day outside.

If you recall, they thumbed down a post I made giving information on one of our friends with terminal cancer. I hope it was just their automatic thing where they seea name a thumb it without looking at what was written. That often seems to be the case.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/04/13 - 06:08 pm
Angela

.223 and 5.56 are close enough that either will fire either ammo. I realize it wasn't clear but that is the point I was trying to make. That and just about all military small arms do have a civilian counterpart.

Kettle donations rise in 2014