Rants & Raves

ENOUGH RACIAL POLITICS in Richmond County. Would the black commissioners be interested in raising the salaries of the sheriff and the solicitor if they were white? Equality means that black rookie politicians earn their salary increases the same way the white politicians did. Getting a raise because you are black is racist.

HYPOCRISY OVER THE use of torture and drones is mute. Obama’s use of drones is the best way to deal with fanatical jihadists, i.e. long distance. They get to die for their holy cause, and we get a few less boys and girls coming home in body bags or missing limbs. It’s a win-win. Go, drones!

THE ONLY SOLUTION to bullying is for somebody to stand up to the bully. Either the victim must learn to or the victim must have a defender till the victim has grown/learned self-defense.

A MACON MASSAGE parlor was closed because of prostitution. “Authorities spent … four years conducting surveillance and undercover ops.” Four years?! That’s a whole lot of undercover ops.

COURT CASES ARE moving faster, down to 163 days from indictment to closure. My daddy was a lawyer in Georgia in the 1930s. He told me in those days once a trial started, it was usually over, along with appeals, etc., within a month or two. That included death penalty cases. Hmmm.

“EXPERTS” SAY KIDS will behave better by watching public TV rather than the blood-and-guts stuff that’s everywhere. The blood and guts is definitely bad; but consider that since its inception, public TV has done its best to brainwash kids with socialism. And it’s worked!

THE 15TH STREET corridor had a $1.8 million “study” done. And that gets nothing built, just studied. The story, alas, is filled with standard dead-giveaway leftwing lingo.

THIS IS A RAVE for the new Holiday Inn Express that will soon be coming to downtown. It looks like the investment in the TEE Center is already paying off. Hopefully this new hotel will convince the other hotels on Broad Street to upgrade and modernize. This is great news for downtown!

THE PEOPLE WHO elected Marion Williams saw how he acted before and elected him again. They deserve him. Just keep him in Augusta.

NOBODY WANTS TO take guns away from responsible gun owners. The fear mongers just want your vote and your money.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 03/03/13 - 11:23 am
While on the subject of inmates

... running the asylum:

'High school hero' suspended for three days after wrestling a loaded revolver AWAY from gunman. Student was on his way home from school when he saw another pupil pull out a revolver and take aim;
school suspended the student for three days whilst they investigate what happened. itnesses say there would almost certainly have been fatalities had the boy not intervened.

I know who that school administrator voted for.

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/03/13 - 11:24 am
yes seenit

Our names are are almost alike. I got mine in the 90's. Some of my friends call me zeena and say I am the original one (warrior princess - fighter for the greater good) although I am older now and don't have much fight left in me. I do enjoy your posts so we may be kin after all.

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/03/13 - 11:34 am
about that talk show host

Attacking Riverman and KSM. I catch the last few minutes of his show every now and then on the way home from work. I listen for the traffic report to see if any wrecks on I20. Heard him attacking Countyman and that prompted my 1st post on here. So out of line saying that stuff on the air. I think it's a rating thing to get folks to call him so he can put on his arrogant act. So immature...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/03/13 - 11:54 am
Thanks zeena

Yep....ole Austin is waaay out of line attacking those 2 for sure....my money is on RM & KSM.....i'm sure it is a rating thing to him....I just wish RM & KSM had their own program....the rating would be sky high for those two comics..
She is even funnier in other venues ...she posts pics & stuff..some won't pass the muster on here....but they sho are funny.

Just wondering zeena...do you live in the boonies--woods??

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/03/13 - 12:08 pm
Welcome

Welcome to the forum, Zeena. Keep us posted. :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/03/13 - 12:16 pm
Hello LL

Yep we need some newbies on here even if she doesn't feel like a newbie :):)
We are getting RUSTY.....we are DRAGGING our tails....now I have to conjure up some grub or get somehing tasty for gob .....I get tired of cooking--grocery shopping....why can't I win the BIG ONE & get maids--cooks--butlers & all the fine things in life....on the other hand I l live with a real Duck Dynasty type guy ...he says I have all the best things in life right now with him....heheh....hey..maybe I do...seeyall

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/03/13 - 01:44 pm
Seenit was talking about sinkholes earlier.

Do any of you remember a sinkhole that opened up in a professional building parking lot on Central Ave. many years ago? Seems that the hole swallowed a car in the early morning hours. Ironically I believe the driver and car were delivering the AC in the area! No one seriously injured! LOL!

julrobs
julrobs 03/03/13 - 04:36 pm
Restaurants Suffering...

Sometimes a restaurant suffers because it does not continue offering great food or service! One of our favorite places yrs ago in Augusta went downhill and after about 5 bad experiences, where a free dessert didn't cut it, we quit going. Raise the price on the menu, don't serve poor quality food, please!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/13 - 06:57 pm
"Zeeeeeennnnnnnaaaaa"

Zeenab4u, I remember the Zeena things...When she arrived it was always, "Zeeeeeennnnnnnaaaaa."

happychimer
19623
happychimer 03/03/13 - 08:34 pm
Sweet son I remember the man

Sweet son I remember the man delivering Augusta Chronicle and the ground opened up and swallowed him and the car. One of my drs was there for a short while but moved from there.

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.