Rants & Raves

THANKS TO THE NICE MAN who paid for my purchases at Target on Feb. 15. He said it was from the Lord. If I failed to adequately thank you, forgive me because I was so surprised. I pray for God to give you a threefold return.

I AM A RICHMOND COUNTY VOTER. I voted for Richard Roundtree. I think I made a mistake. Being a worker in Richmond County, we can’t get a cost of living raise, but they want to give him a raise? This is wrong and disrespectful to all Richmond County employees.

IT’S NICE TO SEE THAT Cal Thomas and The Chronicle editorial staff finally agree that government and religion should not be intertwined.

MY FAVORITE PART OF the State of the Union Address, “Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.” The rest was a waste of time.

SOCIAL SECURITY WAS the original socialist scam pulled on the American people by Franklin D. Roosevelt. Social Security is broke.

STATS FOR THOUGHT: Gun ownership in America: more than 75 guns per 100 people. Homicides (regardless of the weapon used) in America: less than 5.3 per 100,000 people. Another inconvenient truth, but then Democrats have never been known to be bothered with the truth.

NOT ONLY IS A federal intrusion into pre-K years a bad idea, it is a Constitution-breaching act. And doesn’t that sound sort of treasonous?

RAVE FOR TUBMAN Learning Center. It is a great school. Dr. Frazier, you are a great principal and leader. This is a very proud parent.

I HAVE GIVEN something up for Lent every year since I was a child. As an adult I do the same thing.

RANT TO DOT. I don’t think anybody knows what is going on at Gordon Highway and Highway 1 on Bobby Jones. They have traffic blocked for half a mile in each direction. All you see is a bunch of people standing around doing absolutely nothing.

IF ANYBODY THINKS that Dr. Ricardo Azziz didn’t have something to do with the slap in the face to the ASU teams, I have some beachfront property in Dearing for sale.

RANT FOR ANYONE  wanting to change Social Security. Compulsory payments have worked for many years. At least most working people have paid for some or all of their retirement and health benefit. If given a choice of investing in Social Security or a private retirement fund, some would not invest at all or in something that could be bankrupt at retirement time and would end up on welfare and Medicare paid for by taxpayer.

justthefacts
20255
justthefacts 03/02/13 - 12:03 pm
River

Not snowing or raining....just cloudy and cold (39). Great day for a watching ur kid play baseball.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 12:10 pm
JTF, ha, I can relate. I will

JTF, ha, I can relate. I will never forget one March watching my kid play JV baseball, Lakeside v Thomson at Thomson. It was a high of 30 that day and the game didn't start until 4 PM. My kid was the shortstop and luckily only had one ball hit his way. After getting frostbite on various body parts, I finally got back in my car and watched from the parking lot that kind of looked down on the field.

zeenab4u
zeenab4u 03/02/13 - 12:12 pm
seenit

They said on the news that the hole is still caving in and will probaly take the whole house. The man is presumed dead and it is unsafe for them to try to find him

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/02/13 - 12:23 pm
CGee's project

is beautiful! Lot of hard work!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 12:24 pm
Attacks on KSM...and ME

Want to know the truth about someone in the media attacking KSM, her husband with the RCSO and ME? It’s really the same old issue of attacking Roundtree. The media attacks Roundtree by attacking us. What’s kind of funny is I was a Sanders, Republican, supporter for the election. After the election, I said give Tree an honest shot. Remember, most of the crime is committed by blacks on blacks in black areas. Having a black Sheriff makes TOTAL sense to me. Give Tree an honest try and let’s see what he can do.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 03/02/13 - 12:38 pm
Riverman...

Who is this "someone in the media?"

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/02/13 - 12:51 pm
Afternoon Radio Talk Show Host

I heard some of the diatribe about KSM and RM. I think it was Thursday afternoon (or perhaps Friday). It was not what one would call gracious.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 03/02/13 - 01:13 pm
Sorry I Missed It...

Austin is always attacking somebody. I figured that's who it was.

I'd like his show much better if it was issue oriented rather than oriented on attacking people for one reason or another.

Darby
Darby 03/02/13 - 01:24 pm
"If given a choice of investing in Social Security........

or a private retirement fund, some would not invest at all..."
So what... millions don't invest in SS now. They live day to day, and generation to generation on welfare.. They STILL get their check just like you do.

On the other hand, you and I could invest into SS every day for our entire lives, retire today and die tomorrow and that money is lost.

In a private system, the money you invest goes wherever YOU want it to go.

Some folks are just scared to death of the very concept of planning for their own security.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/02/13 - 01:45 pm
AR

9th grade mentality. I agree (Roundtree was just there for the taking to be sheriff) but how are KSM and you RM involved in the media? KSM hasn't hit anyone on the head w/a beer bottle lately (next time KSM - just go deck him)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/02/13 - 04:41 pm
Hello everyone River, Seenit

Hey Riverman I spent 11 days in charleton and had my fill of hommade fried shrimp and she crab soup!. I made the shrimp and my wife made the soup. We had so much roe left over that we made an alfredo sauce with it and had it with pasta.
On Valentines day we walked Church St from the market to the battery and it was so still and quiet that it felt like we were back in time.
All in all it was a wonderful visit and River I told my wife about how we are always talking about the good old days growing up therre.
We ate at Poogan's porch one night and they had rolled their prices back to 1978. They do this every winter but I'd forgotten about it.
We'll be going back in the spring but I don't know how this last visit can be topped.
Anyway it's always nice to go home again. When's the last time you were there?
seenit I've missed talking to you too Darlin'.How's Atlanta doing these days?
I'm going to be in Ocala Fla in April and we're actually thinking about moving there. Anyway... it's great to see all my online posters still around and I sure have missed you all!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 05:16 pm
Thanks zeen & sweetsn for update

Hiya shrimp...yeh I knew you were missing & knew you went to Charleston ...but don't they have internet in charleston ....you can't get away from us yaknow....hahah

It is cold here ya hear......still looking for flakes but haven't seen any....you make me hungry for shrimp now...I might have to run to Captain Ds....nothing like the real ocean restaurants though...dang it!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/02/13 - 05:17 pm
Update On Sarge,

He was moved Friday from Dr's Hospital to Golden Living, a nursing home/rehab home located across the street of the hospital. He is in a private room 402. There are no phones in those rooms.

He is feeling much better and has had his first hard food intake today. The main goal at this time is to radiate the heck out of the growth behind his knee so he can start walking again, at which time he will be able to go home. There are 10 Radiations set in the next two weeks which the doctors feel will take care of the problems.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 05:18 pm
zeenab4u

kinda catchey name ....are we kin?? heheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 05:30 pm
Sarge

Good luck to Sarge....he has had a bunch going on in the last months....we are thinking of you & hopin--praying for the best. amen

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 05:32 pm
Events going to Columbia county

Reminds me of a song...

here ya go..

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/02/13 - 05:34 pm
Seenit.

I took my old laptop that has a cracked screen. I could have hooked it up to the TV but I forgot to bring the cord with me to make this possible. Plus where I was staying had no Internet. My wife's smart phone was all we had. It was kind of nice being away from technology for a while. We didn't even watch any TV.
I must admit it was almost like a second honeymoon so most of the time we were home, the bedroom was the most used room behind the kitchen! hehe

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/02/13 - 05:37 pm
I hears a funny couple of sayings

It's not Rocket Surgery you know!

It's all smoke and windows.

Sometimes you roll the dice and it comes up tails.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 05:58 pm
Busy Bedroom heh

Now....we are finding out why the puter doesn't go out of town with you....
Keep love alive.....hold her & love her shrimp....it seems you have a happy vacation & good for you...you will be glad that you did while you are healthy & can enjoy your weekends...♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 06:03 pm
shrimp/hushpuppy time...

I have to either cook some or buy some.....see yall later..:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/02/13 - 06:33 pm
Veggie Soup

Nough wood for days in the wood stove -