Rants & Raves

THANKS TO THE NICE MAN who paid for my purchases at Target on Feb. 15. He said it was from the Lord. If I failed to adequately thank you, forgive me because I was so surprised. I pray for God to give you a threefold return.

I AM A RICHMOND COUNTY VOTER. I voted for Richard Roundtree. I think I made a mistake. Being a worker in Richmond County, we can’t get a cost of living raise, but they want to give him a raise? This is wrong and disrespectful to all Richmond County employees.

IT’S NICE TO SEE THAT Cal Thomas and The Chronicle editorial staff finally agree that government and religion should not be intertwined.

MY FAVORITE PART OF the State of the Union Address, “Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.” The rest was a waste of time.

SOCIAL SECURITY WAS the original socialist scam pulled on the American people by Franklin D. Roosevelt. Social Security is broke.

STATS FOR THOUGHT: Gun ownership in America: more than 75 guns per 100 people. Homicides (regardless of the weapon used) in America: less than 5.3 per 100,000 people. Another inconvenient truth, but then Democrats have never been known to be bothered with the truth.

NOT ONLY IS A federal intrusion into pre-K years a bad idea, it is a Constitution-breaching act. And doesn’t that sound sort of treasonous?

RAVE FOR TUBMAN Learning Center. It is a great school. Dr. Frazier, you are a great principal and leader. This is a very proud parent.

I HAVE GIVEN something up for Lent every year since I was a child. As an adult I do the same thing.

RANT TO DOT. I don’t think anybody knows what is going on at Gordon Highway and Highway 1 on Bobby Jones. They have traffic blocked for half a mile in each direction. All you see is a bunch of people standing around doing absolutely nothing.

IF ANYBODY THINKS that Dr. Ricardo Azziz didn’t have something to do with the slap in the face to the ASU teams, I have some beachfront property in Dearing for sale.

RANT FOR ANYONE  wanting to change Social Security. Compulsory payments have worked for many years. At least most working people have paid for some or all of their retirement and health benefit. If given a choice of investing in Social Security or a private retirement fund, some would not invest at all or in something that could be bankrupt at retirement time and would end up on welfare and Medicare paid for by taxpayer.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/01/13 - 10:00 pm
Sequestration Speech Rant

Man, Prez Obama’s speech today was hard to stomach. I don't think I've ever heard him so sanctimonious. The killer moment was when he said that he made a good offer, but that Washington turned him down. He actually used the word "Washington." I guess this will be replacing the word "Bush" for the next four years. Yes, Prez Obama lives in the White House, but since he jets away two or three days a week to campaign in cities across the land, he has no part of Washington. He has no responsibility for what goes on in Washington.

What a denier.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 03/01/13 - 11:12 pm
Campaigning for what?

He got elected for another four years - now he ought to stay put and try to do something for the country and not himself or his 'friends' that he owes favors to.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:21 am
Well now...that is a good one!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:23 am
Pre-K years

I think it is a great idea but shouldn't the parents pay for at least 1/2 of the cost..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:25 am
JTF

I can see DeKalb county creating many school districts......this thing really stinks & now they are making it a race thing......law suit crazy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:30 am
Sinkholes

Why are we having so many lately.....are we sucking all the good stuff out of the earth & leaving waste water.....could this happen in Ga....will we implode on ourselves....why am I the only one concerned about this?
What happened to that man lost in the sinkhole?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:44 am
Welcome to the Tee Center

Let me welcome the new couple...Mr riverman & Littlelamb......why come right in & be seated please....well dressed couple...black ties & tails....what elegance---what class--what are the odds THAT could happen...lol hahah

At another table we have Harley & Jake .....another well dressed couple....:)
Countyman & Deke are sitting together....what a gathering that would be.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 07:51 am
Where am I sitting....:):)

Why I am sitting with the McDaniels & Austin Rhodes.....I want to be where the ACTION IS.....don't give me a boring table....by golly...& throw in Mr & Mrs Strength....I have a feeling the eyes will be on THIS table...♥

Don't kill me ksm..:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/02/13 - 08:20 am
Good Morning Awguster

I think we need Si for President, Phil for Sec of State, Jase for Sec of Defense, and Kori for me!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 09:01 am
Cgee is right ..I was wrong

I saw his work at his park...GREAT cgee....you are one smart 70+ year ole.......vim & vigor & all that stuff!!

Good am RKill.....I have to get my posts in now...i might be w/o internet in a few moments...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/02/13 - 09:25 am
Vim & Vigor!

What has taken 3 weeks to do would have been a 3 days job 30 years ago.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/02/13 - 09:25 am
All I could think of with

All I could think of with CG's project is my aching back and knees. I've done one of those before on a smaller scale.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/02/13 - 09:43 am
"RANT TO DOT. I don’t think

"RANT TO DOT. I don’t think anybody knows what is going on at Gordon Highway and Highway 1 on Bobby Jones."

For a fact it ain't the well oiled operation with minimal disruption that went on when they were working WEST of the Gordon Hwy. I've already been caught in ten time as many traffic jams as I was during the entire widening of Bobby Jones from Gordon Hwy to the BJ Extension. But hey, it's South Augusta. Didn't you know it would be like this when they announced the project?

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 03/02/13 - 09:47 am
You see what Obama is doing in his second term.

Remember that when Richmond County's Sheriff comes up for re-election. He's hot to trot now but once he has that retirement locked in, what will he be like then?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/02/13 - 09:47 am
The President:

It makes me furious that my depression era mama says to me that she is truly worried about our country. I tried to explain that our leader should have encouraged us, that we'd be ok. She didn't understand the small effect it would have on our nation. I did tell her that Fort Gordon would be hit and therefore our economy, but we need to start somewhere. I am truly sorry the president choose to cut where he did - and not the pork.

harley_52
harley_52 03/02/13 - 09:55 am
What Is...

....CG's project?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 09:58 am
SeenIt, you are throwing out

SeenIt, you are throwing out so much good stuff. Yeah, where the heck did that guy go who fell in the hole?

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/02/13 - 10:12 am
Buying Ammo at W-Mart

Figure this out.

We lucked up and found 6 boxes of 00 Buckshot just in at a W-mart. The wife and I purchased them (3 her 3 me). Then we got
to looking at the plain cardboard tan colored boxes...They were
in fact originally intended for Federal or Military issue? The
box was printed with:

5 Cartridges
12 Ga Shotshell,
NO. OO Buckshot.

Olin Corp.

with "Military Grade" on the side.

The Clerk explained it had to do with The Federal & DOD were placing such large orders of Civilian ammo, that Winchester was
just using the same box for both? The only difference was that
on the Civilian sold ammo, they have to have add a 3x5 Legal
warning sticker on the back.

So why is the government buying up some such 00 Buckshot?

It is basically a riot urban warfare caliber not a typical Military warfare caliber.

It now has even me wondering, while we are focused on Gun Control, are they are applying a more basic method of control and one within the "Presidents Authority"?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 10:13 am
Cgee--pics pls

Harley maybe cg will put some pics on here.....lot of work went in that waterfall & walkways....he is smart ....

About the man in the hole.....why is it no one is searching for him.....the news aren't saying anything...where did he go....how deep is his hole....where are the pics.....are they too skeeeered to check...for goodness sake news folks...forget about Obama for a few minutes & ck the hole....

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/02/13 - 10:32 am
seen it

Dunwoody's request to form it's own district is under way. Others will follow.

harley_52
harley_52 03/02/13 - 10:36 am
The Man In The Hole....

....is in DEEP doo doo.

RIP.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 10:52 am
Harley, one thing about the

Harley, one thing about the guy who fell in the hole. He died in bed.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/02/13 - 10:56 am
Gosh

The temp's not the only thing that's COLD this morning...

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/02/13 - 11:27 am
Skywalk

George Eskola over at Channel 6 News is really digging in on his big story. He's milking the TEE Center jaywalking scare for all it's worth. On last night's newscast, he interviewed a tuxedo-clad Mayor Deke Copenhaver about the jaywalking and, of course, the mayor said it was a catastrophe waiting to happen and that the commission needs to vote to approve the million dollars to build an enclosed pedestrian walkway (with brick facade to match) connecting the new parking deck to the new TEE Center.

He won't get involved in city riots; he won't get involved in commission ethics scandals; he won't be part of the solution of public transportation subsidies; he won't join in the discussion about scuttling the municipal golf course; he won't support the Save the A committee.

But he will lobby for a taxpayer-funded baseball stadium for buddy Cal Ripken when we've already got a gem at Lake Olmstead; and he will lobby for a skywalk for buddy Paul Simon. Oh, yes, I nearly forgot; he will lobby for more federal gun control laws. What a guy.

harley_52
harley_52 03/02/13 - 11:36 am
" What a guy."

Stereotypical politician.

He'll probably be a Senator one day.

harley_52
harley_52 03/02/13 - 11:40 am
"He died in bed."

A lifelong dream...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 03/02/13 - 11:45 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 11:51 am
Speaking of cold, is it

Speaking of cold, is it snowing in Atlanta?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/13 - 11:54 am
Lilly, sort of like the ruins

Lilly, sort of like the ruins of Pompeii?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/13 - 12:01 pm
Don't see any flakes yet....but cooolddd

What will people think....story by Rhonda Rich..:)

This woman is funny.......see all later...

Azziz UNLV president finalist

Ricardo Azziz, who has been mentioned in the past for other open university positions in Florida and Texas, is one of three finalists for the position.