Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY DON’T THEY CUT Saturday mail now? Why wait until Aug. 5?

DOES ANYBODY KNOW what the DRBJ of DRBJ Legacy Foundation stands for?

THE UNIVERSITY OF Missouri declares there will be no tests for students on Wiccan and Pagan holidays. How nuts can nuts be?

RANT TO EVERYONE complaining about politicians in Washington. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness aren’t just words, it is a perspective. Until people wake up and vote for public servants who follow the Constitution 100 percent of the time, nothing will change. A little research not done by the TV goes a long way.

SO THE NRA GETS. its wish. It managed to whip people into frenzies with lies about their cherished guns so that the gun industry and ammo companies just got a huge jump up with sales. And now we have even more guns that will lie around in the closets, improperly secured, where criminal and sick people can get hold of them to damage or kill other people.

GOOD GRIEF! How often do some Augusta Commission members think they can harass the other commissioners and our city with the constant bad attempts to justify raises for new people? Get on with real business, will you?

WHO STARTS A NEW job and immediately asks for a raise? That should have been determined at the time of hiring. Sheriff Roundtree needs to spend at least one full year on the job before even being considered for a raise. We don’t know how his performance will be.

RAVE FOR MARION Williams. It’s just great to have an Augusta Commission member that furnishes us with tons of cartoon material.

GIVING UP SOMETHING for Lent is like making and breaking a New Year’s resolution because at the end of Lent you will resume back to what you gave up. Why bother?

I AM BECOMING disappointed with North Augusta Animal Control. They used to be so good, and now it seems that the people who are abusing animals are being ticketed instead of taking them away.

Jake
Jake 02/28/13 - 10:16 pm
Lent

Yeah, our family was brought up in the Catholic faith because of my Mom and we would give up things for Lent. My mom told us for the 40 days of Lent it was pleasing to God to sacrifice something that we liked to do or eat.
I bought into this and once gave up spaghetti which was a common meal for our family of 9 at the time. It was tough, to say the least. So on spaghetti night Mom would make an extra portion of grits and fried pork which the old man ate because, being from south Georgia, he could not stand spaghetti. I actually enjoyed the change and felt close to my Dad because we were eating the same chow. It turned out to be a blessing from God in a way.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 03/01/13 - 12:35 am
"... no tests for students

...on Wiccan and Pagan holidays. How nuts can nuts be? "

There are eight, which is considerably less than the number of federal holidays. Eostra and Yule which were co-opted by Christianity as Easter and Christmas are already reserved. Schools have been bowing down for Islam for decades, so why not? Or is religious freedom only for those of which YOU approve?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 03/01/13 - 12:56 am
Yup, the evil NRA

... lied and whipped ordinary citizens into action because of totally baseless rumours the government was going to capriciously ban certain weapons and ammunition, causing them to vote with their dollars to go out and try to retain one of their Constitutionally guarenteed rights before the government gun goons prohibited them -- for the peasants, but not themselves, of course.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/01/13 - 12:59 am
No tests.

This is what you get when you mix religion and government. Our constitution guarantees equal rights for all, a good thing. If you make allowances for one religion, there is precedent to allow for ALL others.

That is why our founders were wise to insist on a separation of church and state.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/01/13 - 01:01 am
Obama and his idiotic

liberal supporters are responsible for the spike in gun sales, not the NRA.

soapy_725
soapy_725 03/01/13 - 07:34 am
Maybe the Russians needed another outlet

for their arsenal of weapons. They are the largest dealer of weapons in the world. The USA is the largest dealer of ammunition. We once owned stock in a munitions company prior to the Gulf WARS. It did quite well.

Bell Helicopter needed to boost their sales, so LBJ and McNamara invented the Gulf of Tonkin.

It is always about money and the resulting power. He who has the money has the power. Hence, the "unsubstantiated claim" that BANKERS control the world.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/01/13 - 08:44 am
White House Attacks on Press

Bob Woodward is not the only one being attacked by the White House. Lanny Davis, who served as counsel to former President Bill Clinton, and is a columnist for the Washington Times was also warned. The same Gene Sperling from the White House also called the Times editor and threatened if the Times continued to run Davis’ columns critical of Obama’s role in this sequester, he and other Times reporters would lose, their White House credentials. Still think Bob Woodward was overreacting?

Does this not remind you of Benghazi? Embarrassing facts being denied and hidden. Pressure on the media not to release the truthful embarrassing details. We have an out of control White House.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/01/13 - 08:56 am
Good Morning "THE NRA GETS ITS WISH" America

"gun industry and ammo companies just got a huge jump up with sales."

Forgot one, Safe companies. As VP of a large wholesale Gun Safe co, we have been unable to supply the demand.

Put "cherished guns" in connection with "now we have even more guns that will lie around in the closets, improperly secured," Is a brain dead, asinine statement.

How many of those that wanted to be prepared for self protection and possible upcoming revolution/riots would leave Pistols costing between $400 to $600, Rifles costing between (use to be around $850) but paid $1500 to $2000 would leave them lie around in the closets, improperly secured. Very, Very few of them will ever reach the hands of criminal and sick people.

The only ones that will be most likely "Damage" or "Killed"by those weapons will be the one that deserve IT!

I Truly Hope and Pray Ranter that you will never have to face one of those Criminal or Sick weapon holders.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/01/13 - 09:15 am
"SO THE NRA GETS. its wish.

"SO THE NRA GETS. its wish. It managed to whip people into frenzies"

No.....your president whipped up the frenzy.......just like he tried to whip up a frenzy over the sequestration budget cuts. But you know what? His mojo is wearing off. He's lied too many times. He's even starting to threaten liberal journalists to try and keep them in line. Everybody is tired of him.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/01/13 - 09:34 am
Maxine Waters claims that

Maxine Waters claims that sequestration (The President's idea that HE signed into law) will cause 170,000,000 people to lose their jobs. The left clamors that this is unacceptable and that the Republicans MUST raise taxes (cave to the President again) to keep this from happening. Problem is, there are only 135,000,000 people employed at the moment. Once again, the Democrats demonstrate that they will never let the truth get in the way of their agenda.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/01/13 - 09:34 am
How Can

The United States of America survive for another 4 years of this destructive leadership and BS.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 03/01/13 - 09:38 am
I wonder what lies the ranter

I wonder what lies the ranter things the NRA has told? Should would be nice to see someone back up accusations with facts.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 09:40 am
Cgee is a bragger

Soooo you still weigh 157 pounds heheh.......sooo you still work hard 5 to 6 hours a day heh.....
Are you trying to make us look bad......we are younger & can't work like that everyday....I might just follow you around for a week & see for myself if that is TRUE!!
:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 09:47 am
Opening of the Tee

I just saw a great pic of Sean & his Mrs at the opening .....needless to say MANY on here won't get an invite ......
So don't hold your breath.....I won't say names but we all know who didn't get invited...I just wonder how big the celebration really was.....can we see pics of this event....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/01/13 - 09:47 am
Undecide B4

Should I give you an upper or should I give you a downer...hard decision to make...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 09:53 am
WEELL Rhett (cgee)

Give me what I deserve....give me what I want...give me what I neeeed...
Let the readers figure that one...lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/01/13 - 09:57 am
B4

Go to "You Know Where Site" and I will provide you with some pictures of what 4 to 6 hours a day for 3 weeks has done.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 09:59 am
To a newcomer to Augusta

Sweet sweet Augusta...a name we love & always will.....I won't even say the name of this guy....he will just have to goo.......

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 10:04 am
You know where site

Evidently I will need some to hold my hand at that site...I sometimes get lost.......maybe it is me......I shall try again later today......yall didn't make it tricky for females ...did ya?? hahah

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/01/13 - 10:06 am
Western Civilization Will End in a few hours.

According to Obama, western civilization will end in a few hours when sequestration kicks in. He refuses to get involved and decide which cuts should be made. He WANTS Armageddon. This kind of reminds me of Y2K when I stayed up to midnight waiting for the end and all that happened was the guy down the river got drunk and fired his shotgun a few times.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 10:07 am
Good news

Lake Lanier is at a 2 years high...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 10:13 am
Preppers

Last night I saw a program of folks making plans for the end of time as we know it...they say....
The Madrid fault will split & we will be in a turmoil...they say....folks killing others for food & such.....they had many guns & storage of food & weapons......I think this was in Tennessee....you had to pass certain tests to join up with these folks.....my thinking was ...if they did have a fault line & earthquake....wouldn't that break all the canned jars of food>???
They also had a way to make their own power machines.....very interesting & I can't really blame them for storing up stuff.....this ole world ain't like it used to be that's fo sho. jmo

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 10:25 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/01/13 - 10:44 am
B4

Go to the Groan and Moan section. Have another 300 feet to go and approx 20,000 more to lay.Now tell me that isn't 4 to 6 hours for 3 weeks. Just me, myself and I. Now that is what I call bragging.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/01/13 - 10:47 am
Thurmond is at 321.93.

Lake Thurmond is at 321.93. Average pool is 326.7.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/01/13 - 11:04 am
Clarks Hill Lake to me :)

I shall groan & moan in a few minutes cgee...i now have 5 spots to check.....my life is puterising me into a robot of sorts.....I have been threatened with divorce if Idon't get it under CONTROL...can I sue AC for THAT!! hahah
Keeping up with KSM is impossible I mean impossible......she has the energy of 5 people.....
Funny thing...the folks I like stay in the news on here & radio too...why is that I wonder.....is it because I like "strange" & different--gutsy & brave.....I will ponder that today..lol

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/01/13 - 11:15 am
Thurmond

It came up so fast that I had to wade out to the dock gangway yesterday to attach it and pull it in. Had just pulled it in a couple of weeks ago.

justthefacts
20367
justthefacts 03/01/13 - 11:21 am
Seen it @ 9:25

Seenit, I wish the Governor hadn't got involved. The system under the current leadership graduates about 58%. Let it completely implode. The voters deserve it. Let the smarter ones form their own districts or move out and leave it to the ones who cry "racism" every time someone tries to save them from themselves.

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/01/13 - 12:00 pm
Next to last Rant.....A resounding YES!!!!!!

"DO YOU THINK Marion Williams would be trying to get the new sheriff a raise if the new sheriff were white?" YES SIR (or) Ma'am and, believe it or not, I ME am white!!!!!!

iDontLikeAnything
iDontLikeAnything 03/01/13 - 12:09 pm
In regards to DRBJ (Legacy Foundation)

From a Google search yielding a Twitter page, I believe it stands for Dr. Betty Jones (DrBJ). From previous news stories, there was mention of an Erica Jones. Are they the same person? I do not know. Do I believe it's a real foundation? No. Do I think the persons responsible for the "foundation" are scammers? From what I've read regarding the Butler H.S. incident, yes. Be careful.

School safety chief touts restructure

Last year, Alfonzo Williams announced that he would conduct a massive overhaul of the Richmond County School Safety department to cut down on inefficiencies and increase accountability.