Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE higher-ups of Butler High School permitted someone, unchecked, to “sell” the students on something so stupid.

NOW OUR PRESIDENT wants children in pre-K, and the taxpayers will pay for what is in effect baby-sitting.

CHRISTOPHER DORNER. Gone and forgotten.

WHOEVER SAYS THAT you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than winning the lottery has never been hit by lightning.

A RANT ABOUT SHERIFF Roundtree, requesting a huge raise: He needs to be on the job and actually accomplish some of his goals, showing improvements, before being considered for a raise.

PRESIDENT OBAMA’S State of the Union address promised that none of it would add a dime to the deficit. That’s amazing; tell us again, Mr. President, how?

I WONDER IF SHERIFF Roundtree let his supporters know he was going to immediately ask for a raise after being elected? It would better serve him to ask for raises for all of the officers he is in charge of.

I WANT TO KNOW why Sheriff Roundtree thinks he deserves such a large raise when he has been in office since only Jan. 1?

THANK YOU TO THE Richmond County Sheriff’s Office for stepping up and making our roads safer.

WHAT’S HAPPENING? Pope resigns, an asteroid just misses us and a meteor struck Russia. Is it time to curl up and kiss the world goodbye?

I RECENTLY TRIED to sell an item on Craigslist and I couldn’t believe all of the scammers that responded.

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT Roundtree thinks he deserves a raise when the employees that really are working can’t get a $750 raise. What an ego.

UH-OH! THE LOOMING sequester would affect the congressional pay raise! How will our wonderful representatives get by?

I’M SORRY FOR THE Butler High students who were ripped off because they believed far-fetched promises, even though they knew they were far-fetched but because they were caught up in the excitement of the inauguration.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/27/13 - 10:00 pm
It Is

really not the fact that a voter is competent to vote, the real issue is a voter who would vote for a President Of The US who's incompetence thinks that there are 57 states?

happychimer
happychimer 02/27/13 - 10:09 pm
Oh. So they have to vote your

Oh. So they have to vote your way. NOT!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/27/13 - 10:25 pm
No Happy,

I feel I maybe a very incompetent uninformed voter because it seems I cast votes for those that want to save America.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/27/13 - 10:34 pm
You know....if we had a Bass

You know....if we had a Bass Pro Shop I bet we would be voted the best dressed, most likely to succeed, most athletic, smartest, prettiest, most likely to star in a movie about monster trucks and heart bypass surgery. Imagine if the Bass Pro Shop was floating on the river and there was an elevated skywalk from the levy to the store. We would probably be #1 in even the publications that people actually read!

harley_52
harley_52 02/27/13 - 10:35 pm
"If anyone tried to take away my right to vote....

..... I would throw such a hissy fit that nobody would dare try again to stop me from voting."

Who says you have a "right" to vote?

GGpap
GGpap 02/28/13 - 03:23 am
Let's be honest about the 102 year old woman voting...

Sadly, it is folk like Riverman1 (8:29 pm), harley_52 (7:53 pm), and itsanotherday1 (7:54 pm) that are exactly the reason Section 5 of the Right to Vote Act needs to be left in place for a few more centuries.

GGpap

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/28/13 - 10:52 am
GGpap, do you believe there

GGpap, do you believe there is ever a case for someone not voting due to incompetence? Does senility affect many elderly people? Is there any case where you would keep someone mentally incapacitated from voting?

I am going guessing about the 102 year old being incompetent, but she sure appeared that way at the Capitol for Obama's speech. Wouldn't it appear the most practical way to determine someone's competence to vote is a literacy test? But I'll even wave that requirement and let someone else read for them if they can give coherent logical answers to a few questions.