Rants & Raves

A RAVE FOR THE NEW, progressive path that America is taking.

RAVE TO THE generous lady who paid the difference for my groceries at Publix on Washington Road. I was about to return some items, and she offered to pay the remainder. There had been times I heard about this happening; this time it happened to me. Thank you and bless you; it meant a lot to me. I will pay it forward. Thanks to the patient cashier, Jabari.

WHY WOULD ANYONE in the Augusta government need to be driving a new champagne-color Cadillac Escalade? I saw it on Walton Way, and it appeared the vehicle had a city decal on the door.

THANK YOU, DRIVER in black Mustang on South Belair Road for thinking you’re attempting to be safe by slowing down while talking on the cellphone. However, you’re more dangerous than those many others who rapidly weave through lanes and ride people’s bumpers.

RANT TO THOSE who ask “Where was mall security?” when the fight broke out. It’s not security’s responsibility to watch your child.

RANT FOR AUGUSTA Mall. It will go the same way as Regency Mall if you don’t clean it up in a hurry.

THE DAILY CROSSWORD is too easy and the Sunday is too hard.

COMPLIMENTS TO Eliza Emory, a member of the Senior Citizen Center in Harlem. She cares for her fellow seniors, going out of her way to ensure they have transportation to and from the center.

IT’S 4:20 A.M., and once again a neighbor’s dogs are barking. What’s the point of having the guard dog in the yard all night if no one checks to find out what it is barking at?

THE BOY SCOUTS SAY they can’t decide if homosexuality is wrong. so they must discuss it further.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 11:45 am
Come on Lilly

You know ya got money buried in that back yard....dig up some of it...:)
The surveyors are out there already...you just might see them.....nice little boutiques with upscale restaurants.....little book stores......coffee shops....clean --safe neighborhoods ...yall need a Montana Grill--Cheesecake Factory---Bonefish out in your neck of the woods....Snellville has a great shopping center like that...I'm going to find the info for you.....
You can't stop progress.......we couldn't here either....some I learned to love....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 11:53 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 01:48 pm
Lilly said, "And RM remember

Lilly said, "And RM remember my girlfriend in Charleston that plays country music on the harp :) she's also a swimmer - check her out, you might know her."

A Southern woman who can play country music on a harp and swims in the crick is a jewel.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 02:26 pm
B4

I haven't left the woods in weeks, we eat good here and I have my double barrel shotgun that I'm going to shoot two shots in the air and then keep digging into my pockets for more - NOT - hope they know I'm loaded for bear. If they must kill us they will, unless we kill them first. RM - she'll be swimming in NZ 1st of March.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 03:00 pm
Kathleen Wilson, the

Kathleen Wilson, the Charleston harp playing swimmer, must live on some kind of energy drink. She plays the harp in the symphony, swam the English Channel and was elected to the Charleston City Council. That's like our Commission. She's 49 years old. I hadn't heard of her until Lilly mentioned her and I looked up the interesting lady.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/23/13 - 03:16 pm
River. Seenit And Willow

I spent 11 wonderful days in Charleston making hommade fried shrimp, she crab soup and 100 other shrimp dishes. The city was absolutely beautiful and on Valentines night my wife and I walked from the battery to the market via Church st.
Need I say Valentine's night was one I won't forget ever!
We were there for the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition too. Very. very nice.
Went to see Argo at the movies. DANG swell flick!
Stayed at her brother's bed and breakfast one night and had a roaring fire in the back yard.
Never even made it to the beach but there's always so much to do I didn't even miss it. Ate at Poogfan's Porch one night. They had rolled their prices back to 1978 which was even sweeter. My wife has this reoccuring dream where she's running through the streets of Carleston and she got to live it out.
All in all it was a most trimphant time!
The only prob;em was it went by too fast. We didn't even have kids calling us every 5 minutes to put out fires!
Best vaxation I've had in many years!!!!
Good to be back though I don't know why! hehe

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 03:22 pm
RM - she is my friend -

I'd go to Charleston and didn't have the right clothes and she'd give me clothes and shoes so I'd kinda match the others. And I'd sit and watch the orchesta (sp) She's a Yankee, but now one of us. She drove during one of our hurricanes - 17 hrs to my home in east GA with two children, two harps and swore if another hurricane came she was staying put.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 03:24 pm
Shrimp

I wondered about you!

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 02/23/13 - 03:39 pm
Upon hearing of the advice

... to fire two shots in the air from the porch, my lady friend remarked, "Fantastic idea! Lure them outside where when I shoot them with my .44 I won't have to clean the carpets!"

Willow Bailey
20619
Willow Bailey 02/23/13 - 03:48 pm
How wonderful Shrimp.

I thought about you on your trip and knew rain or shine, it would be enjoyable. I told my husband last week, "when you see 2 to 4 days of 60's with no rain in the forecast, you will know to look for me in Charleston."

There's something so special about it. It's a place of fun, relaxation and renewal... a little chunk of heaven. Sometimes when I tell others about it and how much I look forward to going, I know they don't get it. I think when you love something only those who share the same feelings as you can really get it. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/23/13 - 04:16 pm
Running

Shrimp for Breakfast posted:

In her dream, is she running bare?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 05:12 pm
LL

Yes, She's Running Bear! Ask B4! We all are!!!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 05:13 pm
Bare

Bare

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 06:32 pm
MISS LILLY

I sent you an email about running bare....can't put it on here..too frisky.....but the music is great.....

Welcome back shrimp...I have missed your pink bottom...haha