Rants & Raves

A RAVE FOR THE NEW, progressive path that America is taking.

RAVE TO THE generous lady who paid the difference for my groceries at Publix on Washington Road. I was about to return some items, and she offered to pay the remainder. There had been times I heard about this happening; this time it happened to me. Thank you and bless you; it meant a lot to me. I will pay it forward. Thanks to the patient cashier, Jabari.

WHY WOULD ANYONE in the Augusta government need to be driving a new champagne-color Cadillac Escalade? I saw it on Walton Way, and it appeared the vehicle had a city decal on the door.

THANK YOU, DRIVER in black Mustang on South Belair Road for thinking you’re attempting to be safe by slowing down while talking on the cellphone. However, you’re more dangerous than those many others who rapidly weave through lanes and ride people’s bumpers.

RANT TO THOSE who ask “Where was mall security?” when the fight broke out. It’s not security’s responsibility to watch your child.

RANT FOR AUGUSTA Mall. It will go the same way as Regency Mall if you don’t clean it up in a hurry.

THE DAILY CROSSWORD is too easy and the Sunday is too hard.

COMPLIMENTS TO Eliza Emory, a member of the Senior Citizen Center in Harlem. She cares for her fellow seniors, going out of her way to ensure they have transportation to and from the center.

IT’S 4:20 A.M., and once again a neighbor’s dogs are barking. What’s the point of having the guard dog in the yard all night if no one checks to find out what it is barking at?

THE BOY SCOUTS SAY they can’t decide if homosexuality is wrong. so they must discuss it further.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:11 pm
Groceries

That was a kind act in #2 but I sure would have hated to be the person behind them waiting while they were sorting this out. My guess is the "generous lady" was the person behind them and figured a few bucks would move this along so they could get out of the store as well. If you only have a certain budget then keep track of what you are spending. Calculators are just about everywhere these days including cell phones.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:15 pm
Champagne

Why print this unless you know for certain which city decal was on the door. "Appeared" is kind of vague don't you think? And maybe it was a magnetic decal and the vehicle was privately owned. Who knows?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 09:15 pm
Ranter #9, you can always

Ranter #9, you can always invest in your neighbor. Buy their dog a bark collar and a year's supply of batteries.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:16 pm
Barking Dogs

Call the cops and complain if they are barking. You folks have a noise ordinance out there?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 09:17 pm
shhhh, keep that Escalade

shhhh, keep that Escalade quiet or the whole gang will want one.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 09:19 pm
Ranter #5, maybe, it wasn't

Ranter #5, maybe, it wasn't their child that needed watching.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:21 pm
?

What is a bark collar? Sounds like something the S&M group in SF would use.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 09:25 pm
It's a gizzmo that shocks a

It's a gizzmo that shocks a dog when he makes unappreciated remarks, Jake. Doesn't take him/her long to figure out what's causing the problem.

Hey Sean, getting any ideas?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 09:26 pm
Good night, Jake. Sleep

Good night, Jake. Sleep tight, Sweet dreams.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:28 pm
Oh, the possibilities.....

Do they make a version for teenagers?

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 09:30 pm

Good night to you as well.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 02/23/13 - 05:45 am
Good Morning Ranters

#1 - Is that you Countyman?

#2 - Ummmmm....It's called math. Figure out before you buy what you can afford. Or is this the new normal? Yes and Kudos to your benefactor.

#3 - You may have just had a brush with Sheriff Roundtree or one of his Nouveau Riche Captains. Just Guessing.

#4 - What you got a problem with BLACK mustangs? Racist! Just Kidding or if I were texting it would be JK. And how do you know what the driver was thinking. Lighten up and go around, Geez. Life is too short to be Ranting on stuff like this.

#5 & #6 - I don't go to the mall, period. I admit I have hit Sears tool area by parking downstairs and walking straight in, getting my Craftsman Tools and exiting quickly. My kids tell me Saturday nights, if the sun makes your skin shine, you stay outta the mall. Kinda like kids night at the fair, only not kids. I have noticed a common denominator in all of the Mall fight videos I have seen. Anyone care to guess what that was/is?

#7 - Mom, is that you?

#8 - Bless those who care for the elderly

#9 - It's 4:00 a.m. and I am barking in the yard and no one comes to check on me. CAUSE THEY ARE ALL SLEEPING!. I suspect deer are the culprits as they often are where I live.

#10 - Is it me or are Homosexuals so dang dramatic. I don't care, just don't flit and flip around me. I think your sexuality should be kept to yourself, then there is no problemo. And who can blame the Boy Scouts, who wants little Johnny coming home from camp talking with a lisp and skipping?

Good Lord forgive me for that, and bless all the pigmies in New Guinea.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 02/23/13 - 05:47 am
I Hope

this rain lets up. I gotta bunch to do today and wet aint the way I want to do it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 07:11 am
Who Drives the Cadillac Escalade?

Interesting question about the Cadillac Escalade with the city decal. The county hasn’t bought one for anyone so it has to be someone who has added the emblem to his personal vehicle. It could be a Commissioner who likes his part time gig. I’ve seen the power these folks have in the black community. Pull up to a place and “Mr. Commissioner” gets his windshield cleaned off and lots of fawning phrases thrown his way. Or, maybe Reb is on the right track. One of the new RC police officers. Maybe not a Captain though. It could be the Lieutenant? Does he even take a paycheck? So my guess it’s one of them. No private citizen, not involved with government, in his right mind would put an Augusta emblem on a Cadillac. Or could it be the person read it wrong and it actually said Herbalife or something? Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 07:12 am
Reb, this heavy rain has turned into a story

Reb, this heavy rain has turned into a story by itself, but I ain't dissing it. Keep it coming. We need it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 08:45 am
Reb Reb REb

Why do you give me these 1 liners I can't use on here...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 08:46 am
Who Drives the Cadillac Escalade?

I know but I'm not talking!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 08:48 am
Roundtree...here is your flasing neon sign

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 08:51 am
and it said..

who ask “Where was mall security?” when the fight broke out.

It may not be mall securitys job to babysit BUT if you want to keep shoppers ya better get a handle on it.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/23/13 - 08:53 am
Jake, I've done that in both

Jake, I've done that in both the Marta (when they took change), and at the grocery when somebody was scratching in the botton of their purse trying to find the .28 instead of breaking another dollar. Move ON already!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 08:54 am
About the Mall

A few years ago I met the head of security at the mall. He had been a police chief in a small town near Augusta before he got the mall job. He told me about half of his employees are off-duty deputies. He shared the frustrations we all have with the mall, but given their reluctance to get the RCSO involved in incidents, how can the RCSO help?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/23/13 - 09:04 am
Ummmm, why would SeenIt know

Ummmm, why would SeenIt know who drives the Escalade with the Augusta emblem? But I would never doubt her connections.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 09:09 am
connections connections

Still not talking......many blogs .....many mouths...o:

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 09:11 am
About the mall

Augusta needs a safe shopping arena....it is about the ECONOMY...freedom from hassles.....women will leave for greener pastures......why can't some understand THAT!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/23/13 - 09:14 am
"A RAVE FOR THE NEW,

"A RAVE FOR THE NEW, progressive path that America is taking"

Which progressive path is that? That we are progressively getting more financially bankrupt or progressively getting more morally bankrupt.....or both? Or is it the progressive policies that have driven gasoline to the $4 mark that you like? Or the progressive policies that have driven the cost of food up another 25% and the real increase is just beginning? Or the progressive policies that have doubled the cost of health insurance while lowering the quality of care? Or the progressive policies that have kept Yucca Mountain closed while nuclear waste leaks into the ground in Washington state.....and probably SRS.? Or the progressive policies that have steadily eroded the value of our dollar? Or the progressive policies that have businesses steadily laying people off and reducing work hours? Or the progressive policies that have kept 50 million people on food stamps. Just which of those progressive paths this administration has taken do you like? My guess is that the progressive thing you really like is the progressive income tax that keeps somebody else paying your freight.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 09:23 am
Get wise Augusta

It would have been a smart move for Augusta politics to keep a thriving mall in the south Augusta area....BUT they had "other" ideas & the $$$ flowed to (don't make me say it) downtown....soooo now ...more than likely ...the Columbia county wise men will soon find an ideal spot--maybe near Appling--& build a mini size upscale mall....land is prime...the need is there..& I don't think Columbia county will hesitate with security measues........I'm not dissing Augusta ....just see the writing on the wall........I see it here in metro Atlanta eveyday...

BTW...Gov Deal is now thinking of dumping some members of the BOE in DeKalb county....you just can't have more Chiefs than Indians to do the job....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 09:39 am
OMG

162 posts on the gay thread....unbelievable....kinda funny that some posters aren't there at all....
Can I say ...different strokes for different folks...lol hahaha

but 5 pages of it!!!! wow

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/23/13 - 09:46 am
Good Morning "My Investement Day" America.

I dedicate today like I do every year in helping Lower The National Debt.

Today I have the Executive Secretary (daughter-in-law) to help me figure out my 2012 investment fees for America. I only wish I had a printing press like our great King and maybe I wouldn't feel like going into a Sequestration mode.

rebellious has done good covering the R&R's today, so all I have left is a One Liner:

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

P.S. * let all be nice to the Homosexuals today. Treat them with respect like they are demanding.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/23/13 - 09:57 am
chicken yards

I have a few to scratch in.....gotta check them...:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/23/13 - 11:24 am
Please B4

No mall - there are already too may people tracking through these parts of the woods. And RM remember my girlfriend in Charleston that plays country music on the harp :) she's also a swimmer - check her out, you might know her.