Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ON FEB. 19, the Augus­ta Commission had a meeting of the minds, but it wasn’t well attended.

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I am 65; I have always received tax return money. This year I have to pay. My country is suffering because of Democrats, Obama and new taxes.

TO MY FELLOW Chris­tians who refuse to accept the change that is happening in our United States, please remember this verse from Matthew: “So the last shall be first, and the first last …” Or to put it another way, the minority will be the majority.

A RAVE FOR TRICHINA at Shoe Carnival. She went out of her way to help my 90-year-old grandmother get fitted for new shoes. We are not used to getting good service at Augusta stores.

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to the Democrats, of the People’s Republic of America. And to the welfare state for which they stand, one nation, under Obama, with higher taxes and free birth control for all.

TELL ME AGAIN WHAT Hillary Clinton achieved in her four years as secretary of state? A lot of frequent flyer miles! The only thing she will be remembered for is the Benghazi debacle.

TO THE CROTCH ROCKET who cut me off on Old Petersburg Road: I know it was intentional, and you should pray that I have great brakes and a conscience.

THE FEDS PLAN to sue Standard & Poor’s for bad business ratings? That’s like losing a baseball game and suing the scorekeeper.

RANT TO THE GIRL in the yellow Volkswagen who almost hit us at the Columbia County library. She was going so fast and did not slow down, Honey, slow down before you hit someone.

TO THOSE COMPLAINING about Obama’s inauguration speech, they had a chance to do something about it last November. They probably stayed home or voted the communist ticket themselves. I for one did not bother listening to him. I cut the TV off that day.

PEOPLE OVER 70 believe the Super Bowl halftime was like what we used to call the “hoochie coochie” shows. It was not suitable for children.

LIBERALS BLAME conservatives for everything that is wrong, but these are the only responsible, working people in the U.S.

OF ALL PEOPLE, the president is not above the law.

AugustaChurch2
AugustaChurch2 02/22/13 - 02:50 pm
Raises

$110,000.00 Dollars Divide by 12 months in a year is $9,166.67 and of course because of taxes will subtract 3200.00. Most months average 4 weeks... Your weekly take home pay will be 1491.00 But Roundtree wants more because of the 800+ employees. Maybe we should all get a TROY education and become sheriff.

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 04:55 pm
Roundtree 79, Media Guy 0

It appears Strength agreed Roundtree would get the same salary he was getting. He signed off on papers saying THAT. Now we hear someone went back and scratched out the amount Strength said Roundtree should be making. Are you kidding me? Before we were told there was no way Strength meant the raise should happen.

We would best be served backing off of this nonsense and support Sheriff Roundtree in his attempts to stop the crime coming from the black community.

But instead, we heard Freddie Sanders explaining the constitutional amendment he had written that the media guy completely misinterpreted. The media guy said bascially personnel changes had to be reviewed by the Merit System and he was wrong. Know how I know? Because nothing more has been said ANYWHERE about the matter. Now I cannot believe what I just heard. "It is the Sheriff's prerogative to promote who he wants." Didn't WE try to tell you that???

I see Roundtree up about 79 to 0 in the third quarter against the media guy. It's time to move on. Our loose cannon hasn't gotten a first down yet.

john
john 02/22/13 - 04:59 pm
RM,

watch out, media guy will spend all week defending himself now kicking and kicking, and kicking, and kicking, the deceased horse. and kicking... Guess I need to turn the radio on.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/13 - 05:03 pm
Yes I heard it too...crazy stuff RM

Just think.....suppose Rtree had been concentrating on the white neighborhoods ........he hasn't, but we would hear the explosion all the way to Atlanta....dang if you do, & dang if you don't...just like you said..

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 05:11 pm
I'm pretty sure Charlie

I'm pretty sure Charlie Webster got what his predecessor was making and I'm even more sure Ronnie Strength got what Webster was making. So I have to say in recent history, it's been the practice that the incoming Sheriff makes what the outgoing one does in Richmond County.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/22/13 - 05:25 pm
River

I don't comment on these topics but, the papers you mentioned was the budget. It was not the salary for Roundtree per se. I budget x amount for gambling loses, but always hope I come in under budget (:

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 05:28 pm
Does anyone believe the

Does anyone believe the MAJORITY of the shift supervisors under Ronnie Strength were not taking extended breaks at home and other places? Why talk about one who was caught doing that a couple of years ago? Start snitching in a department and see how that ends. I know exactly where all this is coming from and with his record of questionable activity he shouldn't be trying to make like a bullfrog on the radio belching out nonsense with a disguised voice.

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 05:35 pm
JTF, there was an amount for

JTF, there was an amount for the position of Sheriff with Roundtree's name on it that Strength signed off on. Later, someone, not long ago apparently, marked through the salary for Roundtree and wrote in the lesser amount. Strength has not commented.

JTF, from what I've noted above and the false "news" about the cost of Roundtree's car, I don't believe a word I hear on the radio about the subject of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/22/13 - 05:40 pm
OK

You're much closer to it than me.

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 05:52 pm
JTF, this is one of those

JTF, this is one of those things that I get into now and then but I should know better. My sense of justice overcomes the cautious side of my judgment. You are the same way. I recognize that.

Project hits snag over restroom

The Augusta Regional Collaborative Project hit a roadblock this week when a city inspector declared the Metro Augusta Chamber of Commerce building unfit for occupancy until a first-floor restroom ...