Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I am 65; I have always received tax return money. This year I have to pay. My country is suffering because of Democrats, Obama and new taxes.

TO MY FELLOW Chris­tians who refuse to accept the change that is happening in our United States, please remember this verse from Matthew: “So the last shall be first, and the first last …” Or to put it another way, the minority will be the majority.

A RAVE FOR TRICHINA at Shoe Carnival. She went out of her way to help my 90-year-old grandmother get fitted for new shoes. We are not used to getting good service at Augusta stores.

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to the Democrats, of the People’s Republic of America. And to the welfare state for which they stand, one nation, under Obama, with higher taxes and free birth control for all.

TELL ME AGAIN WHAT Hillary Clinton achieved in her four years as secretary of state? A lot of frequent flyer miles! The only thing she will be remembered for is the Benghazi debacle.

TO THE CROTCH ROCKET who cut me off on Old Petersburg Road: I know it was intentional, and you should pray that I have great brakes and a conscience.

THE FEDS PLAN to sue Standard & Poor’s for bad business ratings? That’s like losing a baseball game and suing the scorekeeper.

RANT TO THE GIRL in the yellow Volkswagen who almost hit us at the Columbia County library. She was going so fast and did not slow down, Honey, slow down before you hit someone.

TO THOSE COMPLAINING about Obama’s inauguration speech, they had a chance to do something about it last November. They probably stayed home or voted the communist ticket themselves. I for one did not bother listening to him. I cut the TV off that day.

LIBERALS BLAME conservatives for everything that is wrong, but these are the only responsible, working people in the U.S.

OF ALL PEOPLE, the president is not above the law.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/21/13 - 08:58 pm
Hillary

In response to the rant about Hillary Clinton's years as Sec. of State, "What does it matter now?"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/21/13 - 09:26 pm
"OF ALL PEOPLE, the president is not above the law."

You sure as all heck would have one hell of a time trying to convince me of that.

Kings don't believe in laws unless they are the one that makes them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/21/13 - 09:31 pm
@11

Hey, you think that was bad...wait till you see the homosexual show that will perform in the next Super Bowl.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/22/13 - 12:05 am
"PEOPLE OVER 70 believe the

"PEOPLE OVER 70 believe the Super Bowl halftime was like what we used to call the “hoochie coochie” shows. It was not suitable for children." I'm not 70, nowhere near it, and I've seen tamer shows at the "Discotech"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/22/13 - 12:08 am
"ON FEB. 19, the Augus­ta

"ON FEB. 19, the Augus­ta Commission had a meeting of the minds, but it wasn’t well attended." You put Augusta Commission and Minds in the same sentence.. I'll bet you believe in Jumbo Shrimp, and that the IRS is there to help you too!!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/22/13 - 12:30 am
Ethics Ordinance

Riverman posted on yesterday's R&Rs about Bob Young's stunning appearance on Thursday's Austin Rhodes Radio Program. Young was articulate, knowledgeable, passionate, and angry when appropriate. Weakening Augusta's ethics ordinances should not even be discussed. Grady Smith should apologize to the citizens, and Grady Smith should pledge not to conduct business with the city while he is a commissioner or employee of the city.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/22/13 - 12:29 am
Meeting of the Minds

I'm with CBBP about the Augusta Commission's "meeting of the minds" that was not well attended. If the minds of the Augusta Commission were TNT, they would still not be able to blow their noses.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/22/13 - 12:30 am
What they said!

#1, #2, #6, #8, #10, #11, #13.

Well said, all.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/22/13 - 12:33 am
Rave # 4

Isn't trichina a worm that infests swine? Who would name their child after a worm?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/22/13 - 12:36 am
Grady Smith should resign and

Grady Smith should resign and let someone who isn't "old school" take office. Favoritism and graft was the old way of doing business in Augusta. Those times are long gone, or should be. High five to Bob Young for stepping up and putting these yahoos in their place.

Jake
Jake 02/22/13 - 12:37 am
Halftime show

This year was the first time in about 10yrs or so that I watched the halftime show. It was not good or bad in my opinion, just mediocre. I couldn't wait to turn the channel back to the Puppy Bowl for some real genuine, honest entertainment.

countyman
20116
countyman 02/22/13 - 01:06 am
Private investment coming soon!!

Expect to see construction equipment in West Augusta near the Washington Walk shopping center on Washington road. Two 4,000 sq. ft. buildings and the new access road will begin construction shortly in front of the Kroger.

Don't forget a new restaurant is planned for Sherwood Drive right down the street.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 10:42 am
LL, about Bob Young's comments

LL, about Bob Young's comments. He was aghast as we all are that the idea would even be entertained to NOT prevent public officials and employees from doing work for the city. However, Grady was not the only Commissioner involved in pushing for this although the other two are running from it now. Young was also asking where is the Mayor's leadership in all this? No, Deke didn't run to the beach to get away from the controversy and turn off his phone this time, he headed to the deserts of Arizona. He's probably hiding out riding a camel with his head wrapped up like Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/13 - 08:06 am
Why is this so hard to grasp..

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Tommy got it & just think how many "other" things he was busy fooling around with..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/13 - 08:16 am
Where are the box of chocolates.....

Forrest Gumps chocolates ...

When I read the articles on here I think , dang I must be in Gumps world.....
A new law pending to come into my house & check my guns....wow...I hope they don't go in the wrong drawer.....hehheh...some things bite ya back!!
Letters fussing about Rtree's way of rounding up baddies.....yeh...put the police down there with the guys at AC....they are always stirring up stuff...lol
What's all this pushing toward FB posts......can't yall get funny on here...some things jest ain't fittin....I'm not gong to be on my p's & q's....sometimes I just have to be free...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/13 - 08:49 am
Can't take some articles this am

Sooo do this for me please....

Here I come crazy farm....:)

happychimer
happychimer 02/22/13 - 10:13 am
Next to the last ranter. You

Next to the last ranter. You don't know your rear end from a hole in the ground. Try telling my husband he is not a responsible worker! You obviously don't know what a responsible worker is.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/22/13 - 10:15 am
Good Morning "Another Day" America

Most of the R&R topics and Articles have been pretty well covered by all my articulate Friends already.

So

I'll just provide my One Liner:

All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen.
Police have nothing to go on.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/13 - 10:20 am
Super Bowl Halftime Show...

....was more appropriate for a Las Vegas night club than for prime time TV viewing with millions of children watching.

Bring back the marching bands, soldiers doing ceremonial drills, and patriotic speeches. The bumping, grinding, and half-naked gyrations are inappropriate for family viewing.

They have their place, but it ain't the Super Bowl.

soapy_725
soapy_725 02/22/13 - 10:35 am
The most watched Super Bowl ever....

and you think they will change course. Pragmatism !! Results equal right. Fahgitabotit !!! T&A cheerleaders at pro sports were invented to entertain. Just look at a biographer of the Dallas Cheerleaders. No one has complained about their shows.

soapy_725
soapy_725 02/22/13 - 10:40 am
Next will be the addition of a female with...

with appropriate colored "pasties" in a line of equally bare chested males with the letters painted, G O D A W G S !! It has to happen. Maybe it will begin with a small breasted female in a line of large breasted males.

One was at a college basketball game with a tank top painted along with her arms and face. One small leap for woman kind.

And why not? They can hang them out to breastfeed.

LOL LOL

soapy_725
soapy_725 02/22/13 - 10:47 am
Would not want to have you as a tax planner....

The poor man's savings account. LOL LOL

There is a form available (always available) that will allow you to claim up to thirteen dependents during the year. Legally. You can change your withholding incrementally when you have a lot of overtime. Your annual return would have the exact, correct, number of dependents. If you have been allowing the IRS to use your money ( savings account ), interest free, for a year at the time. Let me sell you some Enron stock.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/22/13 - 10:56 am
Harley, that's what I was

Harley, that's what I was thinking, too. What happened to half time shows where the marching bands are showcased? Watching some of those spirited bands make precision moves while playing would have the crowd ooohhing and awwwwing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/22/13 - 11:02 am
RM

but just think how many in the crowd the was ooohhing and awwwwing this year.....

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:20 am
LOL

"You don't know your rear end from a hole in the ground."
happy, you're getting fiesty on here:)

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/22/13 - 11:26 am
” Or to put it another way,

” Or to put it another way, the minority will be the majority."

Hey, I'm all for it as long as they are prepared to pay for everything with THEIR money now that they have taken over. But something tells me that's not what they've got in mind. They are all Democrats so they will steal the money from others, spend it, and then come back for more like they are currently doing. They got their tax increase on the "rich" and spent it the next week. Now they want MOOOORRRE. Socialist hogs rooting in the slop trough. Have you ever seen how irritable a hog gets when you don't feed it? Wait 'til you see this crew when the money runs out. They will make the riots in Greece look like a peaceful demonstration.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/13 - 12:12 pm
""You don't know your rear end....

...."You don't know your rear end from a hole in the ground."
happy, you're getting fiesty on here:)"

I was noticing that too, and wondering if it would escape the censors.

Which is worse....that (above), or "maybe, if you'd said 'atfay'?"

countyman
20116
countyman 02/22/13 - 01:29 pm
Private sector growth!

The grand opening of Eros Bistro starts at 2pm this afternoon.

This is one of several new restaurant developments recently opened/under construction in the CBD.

1.) Whiskey Bar Kitchen(Bar)
2.) 901 Broad(9 apts/4,300 sq. ft. of commercial)
3.) Farmhaus Burgers(restaurant & 12 apts)
4.) 905 Broad aka former WAGT building(restaurant & meeting space)
5.) Sprint Food & Metro Market(next to Augusta common: open air seating, 1st floor urban market: restaurant/convenience store & 2nd floor Sprint Food corporate offices and space for other tenants)

Darby
Darby 02/22/13 - 02:33 pm
Obama can be blamed for 99.7 percent.....

of just about everything that's going or has gone wrong in this country lately.

On the other hand, I would suggest to the ranter who blames him for not getting a tax return this year, to look to himself. Yes, taxes are arguably too high and wasted by Obama and the Dems.

Still, if the ranter had taken the precaution of monitoring his income and maybe having a little more withheld, then he wouldn't be paying more into the system now.

Hurts like hell not to be able to blame Obama for this one because in a more perfect world, the ranter probably wouldn't need to complain, one way or the other.

Obama is still an incompetent and useless straw-man and tool for Pelosi and Reid, anyway you look at it. Just not so much in this case.

allhans
allhans 02/22/13 - 02:16 pm
Looks like lots of new places

Looks like lots of new places wanting a share of what little money we still have.