Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE PREDICTORS OF the price of gasoline say the price per gallon is going to rise over the next few weeks. Has there ever been a time when the price went down?

I SEE THAT Robin Williams is trying to weasel his way out of the prison term he is serving. He hurt a lot of people who worked at the Community Mental Health Center at the time, so the sentence was fitting and needs to be served completely.

MARION WILLIAMS IS back on the Augusta Commission, and once again racism is the order of the day. Marion, you’re leading in the wrong direction.

GOOD LUCK WITH any business wanting to come to Augusta. That stunt by Williams to abstain for and against The Patch contract was the height of arrogance, irresponsibility and incompetence. The voters have spoken and got what they deserved.

THE FEDS CONTINUE to pour money down corrupt rat-holes while they refuse to cut spending. Now President Obama tries to scare Americans by refusing to cut Defense Department waste while he cuts our aircraft carrier force in the Persian Gulf in half.

I WISH I HAD A dash camera driving down Peach Orchard Road during the day to show the sheriff all the people and children who run any place across the busy four-lane highway dodging cars.

THE JOBS OF AUGUSTA human resources director and recreation and parks director have apparently been vacant for a year. If human resources and parks continue to operate OK, obviously those two positions are not needed.

AT VOTING TIME remember that the Democratic Party will keep at it until they ban and confiscate all privately owned guns.

RANT TO MARION Williams. You should be impeached, exiled and spanked.

RICHARD ROUNDTREE, I don’t think you should get a raise until you get out from behind your desk and get rid of those hoodlums in the mall so it is safe for us senior citizens to shop.

A SOLUTION TO the debt crisis: I say we go ahead and sell California to China. They are so close to communism, I say let them have it.

carcraft
carcraft 02/19/13 - 08:56 pm
Yes! Gas prices do go down,

Yes! Gas prices do go down, Gas went up to $4.00/gallon under Bush for a short time and then went back down to around $1.60/gallon when Bush left office!

Drain Bamage
Drain Bamage 02/19/13 - 10:18 pm
Carcraft

I was not allowed to post earlier. Lets see if I'm allowed now

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:01 am
The R and R's are starting to

The R and R's are starting to fill up with Marion Williams' comments. He's baaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkk. Watch him run for mayor and win.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:12 am
Ya gotta have PERSONALITY...

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set me free

I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your TV
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you, still you love me
I told you one and one make three
I'm the cult of personality
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
I'm the cult of personality
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be
I'm the cult of personality

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:15 am
M Williams songs

Coming round the mountain when he comes.....

Ya gotta have personality.....yeh...I can see the next Mayor in the making...interesting though....where will Mason fit in this.....just don't see Maon taking a back seat.....noooo wayyyy...lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:17 am
Twinkies, Now Reader's Digest

I see in the Chronicle today the company that owns Reader’s Digest is going out of business. I always viewed them as the Twinkies of literature with their abbreviated stories. Since both companies went bankrupt maybe they can combine somehow to save the brands. Buy Twinkies wrapped in Reader’s Digest?

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:18 am
Song for the 2 biggies ....lol

Nooo not Williams & Mason.....just for Rebel & River...

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:24 am
Rebel ...about that crack pipe...

You hit it on the head.....some won't admit the addiction....but Lordy it is strong.....some "try" to leave but can't....hahah.....even when they get maaad they still read ....
Pass me that pipe again.....snifffing ......sweet .......:)

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:33 am
Thanks you know who....for this funny!

Relocating to Detroit:

This happened on a flight getting ready to depart for Detroit . Bob was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What 's the matter?" Bob asked.

"I 've been transferred to Detroit , there are crazy people there. They 've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."

Bob replied, "I 've lived in Detroit all my life. It 's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It 's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I 've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it 's OK, I 'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"...I 'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:35 am
A Threat

If anyone else says they are leaving I'm going to start posting comments twice as much. You know you don't want that.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:39 am
TWICE as much

Dang...you are on here day/night now...I wonder when do you ever sleep.....do you even need sleep....maybe you are a robot & have us fooooled....hah

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:42 am
That does it, I'm leaving.

That does it, I'm leaving.

Since someone announced he is leaving (me), that means I can start posting twice as much.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:42 am
haha

Yeh...me too....no one will miss us anyway...

will ya miss me.....when I'm gone song...oooh how I love that song...

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:48 am
Yeh I will miss you....

The fun on here starts my day....we take this friendship for granite.....soo I saying ......yes, I enjoy this give/take in the am hours....a bunch!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:52 am
I'm going to wrap you up in

I'm going to wrap you up in the Reader's Digest if you don't stop that tearful slobbering all over us this morning.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:54 am
Back to the r/rs

I WISH I HAD A dash camera driving down Peach Orchard Road

NOW that would make interesting talk on here...please get one & put it on here...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/13 - 07:56 am
Speaking of Being Online All the Time

Back in the days of AOL being popular, I used to go to a room often called "The Authors Lounge." There was a guy in there ALL THE TIME. His screen name was GaryMarkabee and I imagine that was his real name, too. He actually got to be nationally famous because of that. I would see mainstream national articles mentioning him as a ubiquitous metaphor.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 07:57 am
HEH

Promises

I can think of a few on here I wish they would wrap me up....ooohh booy......don't make me get in trouble.....you know how I try to AVOID trouble....... btw...where is TROUBLE??

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 08:01 am
another rant I like

Ok now...he has the raise....I wanta see some punks leaving the mall.....yahear....

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 08:04 am
Garymarkabee

THAT is a catchey name.....like bumblewhatever ...lol...like Reb called a poster & the poster DIDN'T get mad ....I like it when some can take it keep on going....I think bumble will fit in just finnne..

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 02/20/13 - 08:04 am
A serious question about rising gas prices.

Somewhere, sometime I read that the gas stations could raise prices only when they sold all the gasoline bought at one price and then charge for the new gas. I use a filling station that gets one delivery a week. So the gas they bought last week has become much more valuable just sitting in his tanks. Is that right? If it is that's a better investment than precious metals.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 02/20/13 - 08:10 am
Marion Williams as Mayor?

T'will be a sad day in the Armpit of the south. And it's not a race thing either. Williams was born that way. He would make a formidable Union Steward because he loves acting like the King and putting everybody down.
Now, my personal opinion is that Alvin Mason would make an outstanding Mayor. He researches things before opening his mouth. And he seems very knowledgeable when he replies to citizens who contact him.

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 08:11 am
A California rant

Well now...we know Jake didn't send that in....I say Mexico owns that state......they don't want China owning it!

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 08:13 am
Adam Bomb

Another catchey name....like your posts..

seenitB4 02/20/13 - 08:48 am
Signs of real addiction..

1. Do you feel preoccupied with the Internet (think about previous online activity or anticipate next online session)?
2. Do you feel the need to use the Internet with increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction?
3. Have you repeatedly made unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop Internet use?
4. Do you feel restless, moody, depressed, or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use?
5. Do you stay online longer than originally intended?
6. Have you jeopardized or risked the loss of significant relationship, job, educational or career opportunity because of the Internet?
7. Have you lied to family members, therapist, or others to conceal the extent of involvement with the Internet?
8. Do you use the Internet as a way of escaping from problems or of relieving a dysphoric mood (e.g., feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, depression)?

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/20/13 - 09:39 am
"Marion, you’re leading in

"Marion, you’re leading in the wrong direction."

Marion isn't leading. Marion is stuck in the 60's....and likes it....so he keeps trying to pull us all back to his youth. It's the last time he felt relevant. He has no ideas to fix problems in the present so he just concentrates on 60's stuff.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/20/13 - 10:01 am
Good Morning America

I have finally done the IMPOSSIBLE! I have captured all the AC Posters in action, all at the same time!

I'm the one in the black hat and I'm not sure but that may be you B4 with the accordion.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/20/13 - 10:05 am
One Liners

that I get daily from once an AC poster.

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/20/13 - 10:09 am
One Liner

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

UGA seeks Gurley reinstatement

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia will file paperwork today with the NCAA to seek reinstatement for suspended star running back Todd Gurley, the school said in an announcement Wednesday morning.