Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OBAMA SAW HIS SHADOW: Four more years of bad government.

THIS RAVE IS FOR our president. He has snatched defeat from victory in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria and the Lord’s Resistance Army.

TO THE BUMPER RIDER in the left lane on Gordon Highway, I have good brakes. One call and that’s all.

RANT FOR Sylvia Cooper for her column on Hornsby Subdivision. There are several other streets in that subdivision besides Cherry Avenue. There was Rachel, Artemis, Booth. People lived on these streets and were successful also. Please don’t only recognize only one street. Recognize all streets.

RAVE FOR THE PHOTO of the people in line at the gun show in Augusta. Thank you for sharing this photo. There is nobody standing in that line with their pants down. That lets me know that we will be OK.

A BIG THANK YOU to Pam and Corina on the sixth floor of University Hospital. They were wonderful to my husband while he was recovering from surgery.

I LIVE IN SOUTH AUGUSTA and the other day prisoners were weeding and cleaning out the ditches. They did a real good job. I appreciate their work. Most prisoners get in trouble from being with bad people or from alcohol and drugs. Once you get them sobered up they are not all that bad.

CITIZENS OF AUGUSTA, mayor, commissioners, can we form some kind of task force to clean up this filthy city? There is so much litter and in the summer it is so overgrown. I would be willing to help. North Augusta is so much neater and cleaner. Let’s do something everyone.

THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE comments about the city of Augusta and President Obama and Vice President Biden need to get a life. There is racism in Augusta and all over the world. People try to distort the facts. They need to stop making comments against the president and Richmond County.

I WAS IN Windemere Nursing Home and all the nurse and therapists were super great.

HEADS UP, NORTH AUGUSTA residents. You will be paying for all that on the river.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 09:41 am
now for some reason...(coldbeer did it)

I want fish tacos & cold beer for lunch today.....see how easily a woman can change her mind.....this am I wanted shrimp/grits...♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 09:45 am
One day

Some will go back in time & read our comments too...hahah.....I can imagine what they will say about US!!!

Gotta leave yall...dog wants food....hubby wants "something"....I wanta check out another place.....seeyall later ♥♥♥
The place has a smiling Sean.....smiling from ear to ear......haha....I'm a-coming ......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/18/13 - 09:46 am
Good Morning Awguster

We have made progress in the last four years??? Sorry, I missed that memo.

If business, especially the auto industry, is doing so well why have I been sitting in a Detroit suburb waiting for a load for over 2 hours now?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/18/13 - 10:06 am
I Little Point In Time

giveitsomethought02/15/06 - 07:41 am

Maybe Dan Quayle should go hunting with Dickie

mydtwc02/15/06 - 08:25 am

This is just another example of a non-story that the liberal media wants to use to discredit our wonderful vice president. I mean so what if the secret service wouldn't give the local law enforcement access to Cheney on the day of the shooting. RIGHT??? That doesn't mean he was drinking or something. And so what if Ann Armstrong said that SHE decided that SHE should tell the local newspaper about this incident the next day??? And so what that she said she hadn't discussed that decision with Cheney?? Or that Scott McClellan said at the news conference that Cheney was the one that made the decision for her to release the information to the local newspaper. One or the other just forgot the facts in all the excitement and everything. It sure doesn't mean he was trying to cover anything up. I mean isn't that normal procedure, for a private citizen to report an incident like this involving the man that is only a heartbeat away from the presidency????

Fox News said it all last night, that the American people could care less about the story itself but they are thoroughly upset at the LEFT WING LIBERAL MEDIA for trying to make a story out of it.

So for all you tree huggers out there, mind your own business and don't worry about some trivial little thing like this. Our vice president is a good moral christian that would never do anything that was less than moral or ethical. You better believe, just like his boss George, you would never catch him having sex in the white house.

Outstanding, We need more people like you. I am so tired of the media taking small stuff and running with it. What ever happen to the good news, instead of this mess we have now. Even local news is getting out of hand. God Bless America

Painter02/16/06 - 01:31 pm

Boy, do I agree with you
Boy, do I agree with you guys. An accident is an accident. there is no reason to make such a flutter, unless you are trying to make someone look bad so you will look good. However, as is the case, that usually backfires. Amen to God Bless America which should be America Glorify God!

patriciathomas02/16/06 - 04:31 pm

What a funny blog. Left wing
What a funny blog. Left wing humor isn't always stupid. Sometimes it is truly funny. You are obviously a government school graduate and I'm certain you're qualified to write for any left leaning newspaper in the country. I think you could pass for informed and your spelling is good.

02/17/06 - 10:28 am
I would rather Hunt with
I would rather Hunt with Dick Cheney then go driving with Ted Kennndy!

02/17/06 - 03:31 pm

Well if your going to miss a
Well if your going to miss a Quail it's good to bag a lawyer!!!
Good Shootin Dick.

Dixieman02/18/06 - 07:36 am

Non-story, it's already
Non-story, it's already over. Nice try, libs.
This blog will go nowhere fast in the Chronicle.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts02/18/06 - 07:58 am

I think Cheney should invite
I think Cheney should invite Ted Kennedy and Hillary to go hunting with him next...

tgulleyjazz02/20/06 - 03:09 pm
Isn't anyone concerned about
Isn't anyone concerned about the victim? I hope he recovers completely and I still don't understand why this unfortunate accident caused such a media frenzy. Aren't there more significant things that warrant out attention?

02/25/06 - 07:58 pm
some people just have
some people just have nothing else to do,.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/18/13 - 10:12 am
B4

That is a favorite of mine....Has gotten me in trouble many times..but the trouble has been worth it!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/18/13 - 10:17 am
RK

Don't worry, you may be dealing with an entitlement crew, they don't get out of bed untill 10:30.

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 02/18/13 - 10:57 am
Riverman Writes

Riverman writes: "Ummm, good point, CB. I hadn't thought of that. Well, maybe we need SeenIt to wash a car near them."

Think 8th Ammendment River.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/18/13 - 11:01 am
"They need to stop making

"They need to stop making comments against the president and Richmond County."

Well, they need to quit doing so many things that give me the opportunity to make comments against them.

Example: The Republicans agree to formulate a bipartisan plan to address immigration that includes securing the border and a path to citizenship for the ones already here. What does Obama do? He comes up with an Amnisty plan with NO gaurantee of securing the border. Reagan tried that and we went from 3 million illegal aliens to 12 million illegal aliens due to all of them rushing the border to get in line for the coming Amnesty.

I'm sorry but everything Obama has done and everything he wants to do is a disaster. The healthcare system is already starting to collapse under the weight of Obamacare. The cracks of doctors quitting and employers dumping their insurance plans are already starting. Gas prices are double what they were when he took office and will top $4 a gallon this spring. Meat and other groceries are headed up another 10% this year. Unemployment is still where it was 4 years ago. We still have record numbers of people on food stamps. Obama and the Democrats are a disaster.

As for Richmond County and it's commission.....they speak for themselves. They are a joke. We are running a deficit. We build $50 million buildings and essentially give them to rich people. We have an illegal property tax system. One third of the county is rotting from bad policies, neglect, and being sucked dry of tax money to be spent in other areas. And these ding dongs can't even make a decision on the golf course because one group wants to show their butts.

Quit making comments against Obama and Richmond County? I think not. And having Obama as president for four more years and Marion Williams on the commission for a couple of more years gaurantees plenty of idiocy to make comments about. And just like Marion, I will be "present" and running my mouth for the duration.

carcraft
carcraft 02/18/13 - 11:27 am
Good try. The truth is still

Good try. The truth is still the truth! Dispite the fact that Obama lied repeatedly the left still believes him.. Ok Charlie Brown I promise I won't pull the football, I am going to focus like a razor on jobs, Obama is pivoting toward jobs, etc. etc. etc. How is the summer of recovery going, we are about to head into our fith..BWAHAHAHA. Now you have no way of knowing what Obama's political foes would have done because they didn't get elected, but we do know what Obama will do, because between the lies he told us,you can catch some truth, higher taxes and more spending. Do you realize that the money raised by the last tax increase has already been spent, 60 billion dollars? It went to clean up after hurrican Sandy to include fixing the roof on the Smithsonian and other non Sandy related items. We do know that unemployment is still higher than under Bush, we had one undeclared war(Libya) and our drone program has killed over 300 innocent peole. Now Bush did go to congress and get approval Obama, not so much! But I guess this is still progress huh? Oh read todays editorial about Sleaze Bob and Obama's crony capitalism. Starting to make Chaney and Haliburton look good. Can we all say abound energy?

carcraft
carcraft 02/18/13 - 11:29 am
Now don't forget that Obama

Now don't forget that Obama thought $5.00/ gallon gas was a good thing, looks like we are headed there, watch out what you wish for!

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 02/18/13 - 12:11 pm
Rant #3

"I FOUND THE Argyle Sweater comic strip on Feb 1. that showed God thinking a dirty word to be highly offensive. It was irreverent, profane and bordered on blasphemous."

Betcha Jerry Garcia loved it. God gave mankind a sense of humor to keep Himself amused.

allhans
allhans 02/18/13 - 12:11 pm
Increases of any kind means

Increases of any kind means growth to progressives, just as Obama they see it as a good thing.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 01:01 pm
All I will say is "check your facts"

"there are fewer jobs because major organizations( Fanny and large banks!) went out of business ( because they got caught in bed with the last admin or should I say over looked by them)"

Because this ain't one of them The last administration repeatedly warned the Democratic congress of impending disaster with Fannie/Freddie and they did NOTHING.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 01:24 pm
double

""*"

harley_52
harley_52 02/18/13 - 01:17 pm
itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 01:34 pm
OUTSTANDING! Harley. I did

OUTSTANDING! Harley. I did not know that proof positive piece existed; I had only read bits and pieces here and there. If I were red thumb, I would feel like an idiot right about now.

KSL
KSL 02/18/13 - 02:00 pm
And we still have people so

And we still have people so ignorant blaming Bush. I remember seeing that broadcast.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 05:50 pm
A big legal question is

A big legal question is arising over the RCSO procedures. The AC needs to contact Freddie Sanders. This is going to be BIG. Although it went on in the past under Ronnie Strength it appears some want to make an issue of policies NOW.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 06:01 pm
Are you sure it went on under

Are you sure it went on under RS? Freddie, who helped write the rules, says Ronnie agrees with him that the latest promotions/demotions are in violation of the merit policy; IF someone files a grievance.

After all, these are career jobs not subject to political vagaries. They don't serve at the pleasure of the sheriff like cabinet appointees do the POTUS. I think Sanders was very wise in promoting a policy that protected employees from favoritism and losing their job to a political payback.

carcraft
carcraft 02/18/13 - 05:58 pm
Faux News

Harley, you can't use Fox News it is part of the Koch Brother Orphen Annie decoder ring right wing conspiracy financed by Daddy Warbucks!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 06:03 pm
IAD, from the same

IAD, from the same conversation, I heard him say it did happen with Strength but no one complained. Not to the extent that Tree has done it, but it did happen. This is going to turn into a nightmare.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 06:05 pm
LOL carcraft

I've been waiting for someone to seriously make that claim, cuz I was ready to gently remind them that the video used direct and sometimes recorded quotes of the guilty Democrats. Of course, I imagine low information people would then claim it was doctored. I don't think you could alter "simpwy i-we-zistable" though.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/18/13 - 06:08 pm
RM

Freddie was clear that if no one complained it was no harm no foul. The rules are specifically to protect those who feel harmed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 06:12 pm
IAD

I don't know how all this will turn out, but it is going to cause turmoil if someone pushes it. One argument could be if the policy has not been upheld in the past it's invalid now.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 06:17 pm
According to Freddie, he

According to Freddie, he can't even bring in outside officers to ranking positions except the Chief Deputy.

Augusta's ties to Liberia date back to 1836

Richmond County’s ties to West Africa date back to the 1830s, when plantation owner Richard Tubman wrote in his will that his slaves were to be offered freedom. More recently, Augustans have ...