Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OBAMA SAW HIS SHADOW: Four more years of bad government.

THIS RAVE IS FOR our president. He has snatched defeat from victory in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria and the Lord’s Resistance Army.

I FOUND THE Argyle Sweater comic strip on Feb 1. that showed God thinking a dirty word to be highly offensive. It was irreverent, profane and bordered on blasphemous.

TO THE BUMPER RIDER in the left lane on Gordon Highway, I have good brakes. One call and that’s all.

RANT FOR Sylvia Cooper for her column on Hornsby Subdivision. There are several other streets in that subdivision besides Cherry Avenue. There was Rachel, Artemis, Booth. People lived on these streets and were successful also. Please don’t only recognize only one street. Recognize all streets.

RAVE FOR THE PHOTO of the people in line at the gun show in Augusta. Thank you for sharing this photo. There is nobody standing in that line with their pants down. That lets me know that we will be OK.

A BIG THANK YOU to Pam and Corina on the sixth floor of University Hospital. They were wonderful to my husband while he was recovering from surgery.

I LIVE IN SOUTH AUGUSTA and the other day prisoners were weeding and cleaning out the ditches. They did a real good job. I appreciate their work. Most prisoners get in trouble from being with bad people or from alcohol and drugs. Once you get them sobered up they are not all that bad.

CITIZENS OF AUGUSTA, mayor, commissioners, can we form some kind of task force to clean up this filthy city? There is so much litter and in the summer it is so overgrown. I would be willing to help. North Augusta is so much neater and cleaner. Let’s do something everyone.

THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE comments about the city of Augusta and President Obama and Vice President Biden need to get a life. There is racism in Augusta and all over the world. People try to distort the facts. They need to stop making comments against the president and Richmond County.

I WAS IN Windemere Nursing Home and all the nurse and therapists were super great.

HEADS UP, NORTH AUGUSTA residents. You will be paying for all that on the river.

GGpap
GGpap 02/18/13 - 06:18 am
President's Day

Let's just "honor them all; most especially Presidenty Filmore, while he was still in the New York State Assembly he was responsible for the elimination of debtors prison, and a law that made it possible for folks to declare bankruptcy.....

;o)

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 02/18/13 - 05:47 am
.....our president. He has snatched defeat from victory.....

Huh? Did I somehow miss the victory parade before the victory was snatched away by Obama?

And, as an atheist (a part of the "Lords Resistance Army" I suppose), I must ask, were the Bush wars begun with an intent to wipe out all of the multi-million members of the "Lords Resistance Army" throughout the world?

Sheesh!

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 02/18/13 - 06:01 am
THE PHOTO of the people in line at the gun show in Augusta...

Well, sir or madam, since the photo you speak of could not have shown all of the "thousands" that attended the Augusta gun show...can you really feel that you are as "o.k." as you think you may be?

GGpap

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 07:08 am
Add My Thanks, Too

The person in South Augusta thanking the prisoners for the nice work they did along the highway presents an original and positive thought in the R and R's. I’ve never seen anyone thank these people trying to do good in the bad situation of being in jail. Kudos to the commenter and the prisoners (and guards) trying to do a decent job for the public.

GGpap
GGpap 02/18/13 - 06:24 am
Obama saw his shadow....

Since seeing the shadow (as with the groundhogs) indicates we will just have more of the same for a little longer, I would suggest that will be rewarded with another four years of progress...no matter the foot dragging and deliberate sabotage from our darling representatives on the right.

Oh! Oh, Happy Days are here again!

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 02/18/13 - 06:34 am
Thank the prisoners....

@ Riverman1, great response to a great RAVE!

I did stop one day along the road and thanked the guard for the work his crew were doing...He was obviously surprised!

Another time, I did the same with a highway patrolman that had flagged a speeder in a known "speeder zone" where children were subjected to idiot drivers entering a residential area along the highway. Again, surprise (and a great conversation with the officer as well).

Try it sometime...you will be surprised as well!

GGpap

carcraft
carcraft 02/18/13 - 06:44 am
Four more years of increased

Four more years of increased numbers of people on food stamps, fewer jobs, bloated government, record deficits, and increasing consumer prices (gas has doubled since Obama took office). Well, for some that is progress!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 06:49 am
GGap, those were good moves

GGap, those were good moves you made thanking the guard and the officer. I have an idea and maybe others will do this, too. The next time a crew is working nearby, give the officer enough sodas for all of them. Maybe we can get something going to show our appreciation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 07:54 am
Surely you jest with this request..lol

They need to stop making comments against the president and Richmond County.

ok now.....I'm still lol..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 07:55 am
I read your reply Reb

Great one.....he just doesn't know who he is messing with...tried to tell him...:)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/18/13 - 07:56 am
Today's Menu at the "Flying

Today's Menu at the "Flying Frying Pan Bar & Grill and Assault Weapon"
Cheese Grits, Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy, Eggs any way you want them,(she says unfertilized), Bacon, Smoked Sausage, Home Fries, Fruit and a Big Ole Cathead Biscuit with Strawberry Jam or Cane Syrup!!! Getcha Sum!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 07:58 am
coldbeer

You make me soooo HUNGRY....♥

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/18/13 - 07:58 am
While it's a nice thought to

While it's a nice thought to stop and tell a Law Enforcement officer that you appreciate his work, DON'T do it while he is engaged in official business.. While you may have good intentions, he has no way of knowing that. To him, at these times you may be more of a threat than a refreshment!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 08:01 am
Maybe we can get something going to show our appreciation.

For some reason River that wording made me think of Cool Hand Luke & that woman washing her car with a button about to pop on her blouse......hahahh....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 08:03 am
yeh coldbeer

The guys working on the road would prolly appreciate the car washing scene.........:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 08:10 am
Ummm, good point, CB. I

Ummm, good point, CB. I hadn't thought of that. Well, maybe we need SeenIt to wash a car near them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/18/13 - 08:12 am
Ah Reb's alright and so is

Ah Reb's alright and so is Grady, but you just can't open the door that way to mischief. Reb was right to remind us of Marion Williams and the racetrack.

single parent
single parent 02/18/13 - 08:13 am
Really

@carcraft there are more people on food stamps because there are more people, there are fewer jobs because major organizations( Fanny and large banks!) went out of business ( because they got caught in bed with the last admin or should I say over looked by them) and govenment has zero control over the super rich which control oil and energy, which we all know who has the gold states the goals. Now if we have had the other guys in there instead of Obama we would have been in a full out war with several little islands N Korea and Iran for instance because remember the thingy about the oil and energy? It is still a fact that wars make money, but not going to do a darn thing for the six friends I lost in a terror war in Iraq where there were no terrorist before Saddam was captured.Common sense tells me that if I played football then I would most likely hang around other football palyers, this is another reference to the oil and energy thingy. Besides what would be your all fire fix it plan? We had one president try to do the exact right thing and almost sent us into the toilet Jimmy Carter, which means if you do not satisfy the oil and energy thingy( contracts and kick backs my friend) the rest of the boat will sink.
There is a reason Labron James or Lady Gaga do not just show up and shop at Wal Mart on Bobby Jones, because those are two different worlds.
@GGpap next time you see them cleaning tell them I have been waiting 2 years and 26 phone calls for this dangerous ditch to be cleaned and fixed behind my house, but of course if I do not pay my taxes then I lose my house? Which by the way pays for them being housed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 08:23 am
Sylvia can't get a break ...can she

RANT FOR Sylvia Cooper for her column on Hornsby Subdivision.

All I can say...lady you are one tough bird!!

keepum coming..Sylvia..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 08:53 am
Lilly where are yooouuu

Have you ever noticed ...when the right group of posters come on here this place jumps to no 1 on most discussed......

But I'm missing shrimp.....cgee...rkill...trouble......playing hard to get..

ok RA I miss you too....something just popped up to remind me ..hahah

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/18/13 - 08:47 am
Lunch Menu at the "Flying

Lunch Menu at the "Flying Frying Pan Bar & Grill and Assault Weapon"
Shrimp and Grits, also Shrimp Tacos!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 08:56 am
shrimp & grits

Would you believe at a nice restaurant near me they charge $15.00 for a plate of shrimp/grits......I said whooooaaa that is kinda high cause I know grits aren't expensive....they said.....ya gotta see the shrimp...big & juicy....fit for a king they said......I shall check that & tell yall........one of these days...:)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/18/13 - 09:10 am
If you've priced shrimp

If you've priced shrimp lately you will understand that price. The dock price has more than doubled lately, due to fuel costs.
The way things are going gas will cost us $7.00 a gallon by the end of Obama's Reign!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/18/13 - 09:17 am
Good Morning "What's In The News Today" America

No matter what it is....There is always one unanswered question.."WHY?"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/18/13 - 09:23 am
CBBP

This morning I went back in Time, 7 years 2 days ago and used you as the time machine.

This was the time of the rip roaring AC days. You should all try it and see the mentality of many no longer posting posters and even read some that you may have made...Really, things have not changed that much....Austin Rhodes was not very much liked even back then.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 09:29 am
Darlin Cgee

Here is what you want my friend....tell it like it used to be....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/18/13 - 09:39 am
So interesting cgee

Go back in time 7 years ago...I see some of the regulars on that thread...riverman...1949....jack....patriciathomas.....some others...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/18/13 - 09:40 am
I'm here

I was watching your flick - "Oh, Lord don't let me go blind for the next few minutes"

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...