Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

I AGREE WITH Pres­i­dent Obama that the middle class needs help. Why will he not approve the Keystone pipeline or open more public lands for drilling so that many thousands of great paying middle-class jobs will be created? Could it be that environmental politics are more important?!

I REALLY ENJOY the online responses to the daily rants. The respondents obviously have a lot of time on their hands and no vested interest in improving our society by doing something more than complaining. I really enjoy deciphering the code words!

SO, YOU ARE TRYING TO make a secretary of state responsible for violence in a foreign country? What happened to making Cowboy Bush and Dick “Shoot ’em Up” Che­ney and their fellow millionaires responsible for the hundreds of millions of dollars they and their cronies cost the U.S. by galloping lone-style into wars? With private companies that benefited highly? Let’s get those monies back before any ridiculous accusations about making a secretary of state responsible for foreign violence!

AUGUSTA HAS TO BE one of the dullest cities of its size in the country. There are two things to do. One is go to church and the other is to get fat.

RE: THE BUSINESS cleanups downtown. Don’t we have nonviolent parolees who could do the service? Can we not get some folks who are on unemployment pay to do some work for even one or two hours a couple of days a week?

IF YOU NEED A GUN to feel more like a man, I think you have deeper-rooted issues.

IT SOUNDS AS IF Geor­gia House Speaker David Ralston wants to charge a fee to anybody who wants to speak to his own state rep or senator. If we can’t speak to our reps, why have ’em?

THOUGH I FULLY support building a border fence in theory, can’t it be in the middle of the Rio Grande instead of on our side? How else are we and the critters, wild and domestic, going to get to the water?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/17/13 - 09:17 am
B4

You're hurting me!hahaha

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/17/13 - 09:23 am
Just Can't Help Sharing

"The Steep Cost of Political Correctness"

By Tim Schmidt
USCCA Founder

Political correctness is a poison.

The sad truth is that many well-meaning people drink this poison every day and are completely numb to it. They have built up such a strong immunity to this poison that they actually believe it’s natural and acceptable. This, my friends, is tragic.

The fact that you are a member and subscribe to the Concealed Carry Report is probably a good indication that you are not blinded by political correctness. After all, we feed our readers a steady diet of information that would make the politically correct crowd lose their minds! And we aren’t about to change…

More than ever before, we are in a battle of values with a group of people whose values and beliefs are anemic and illogical. Never before has our nation been so full of people who prefer to have others do for them what they should be doing for themselves. This is true in every sphere of life, but has become even more noticeable in the gun debate that has deluged our country.

Self-reliance and personal responsibility are two of the most important attributes you can posses in this life, and many of the politically correct people on the other side of this gun debate simply lack both of them. To think that the police or the state can keep you safe in the heat of crisis is a pipe dream that I hope many Americans wake up from sooner than later.

The time has come for self-reliant, responsible citizens like you and me to lend our voices to this noble cause like never before. Our natural born rights are more than worth fighting for, and what we could lose by remaining quiet or neutral is too valuable to lay down over.

We’ve all heard it a million times, but it’s as true now as it was the day Edmund Burke said it: “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Those who seek to strip us of our rights are nothing more than politically correct clones that are paving the way for evil to triumph over the innocent. Will you let them win this war, or will you cast aside political correctness and stand for what you believe?

Take care and stay safe,

Tim Schmidt
Publisher - Concealed Carry Report
USCCA Founder

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/13 - 09:26 am
Dang Lilly...I'm hurting myself!!

I'm slip sliding away on here....I was so pure & innocent til I ran into these jokesters on here.....now I'm hopeless....I want to play music--tell racy jokes---drink---goof off all day......they have pulled me into this den of sin..lol
OOhh ...I'm loving it though..:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/17/13 - 09:26 am
Code words

You have to use code words. Sean doesn't allow the words "stupid", "ignorant", "idiot", and other more apt words.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/17/13 - 09:35 am
You can't say, "fat" or "duh"

You can't say, "fat" or "duh" either, jtf. "Atfay and uhday" work, though.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/17/13 - 09:38 am
Got to go, time for church,

Got to go, time for church, Ranter 4, but I'm not atfay!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/13 - 09:48 am
Lilly I'm slippin away

Have to cook up sme vittles or sumthin.....a man has to eat...

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/17/13 - 10:18 am
Code words are what happens

Code words are what happens when moderators and "flaggers" remove the REAL words from the allowed vocabulary. People who look for, and get offended by, "code words" merely prove the point that it wasn't the REAL words that bothered them. It was the idea of what was being said that offended them.

harley_52
harley_52 02/17/13 - 10:32 am
"atfay"....

...definitely DOES NOT work in here, at least not for me.

Dang near got me banned for life.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/17/13 - 11:25 am
Rant#4

Someone needs to tell Countyman that he needs to answer. CM what hip things were happening in Augusta this weekend?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/17/13 - 11:42 am
Guns Making a Woman a Woman

That thought reminds me of a Steve McQueen movie, The Getaway, and the Sally Struthers character. Anyone remember that? She was definitely a Second Amendment advocate. Heh.

daphne3520
daphne3520 02/17/13 - 12:36 pm
Comment # 2 is SO RIGHT!!!!! There are about

four or five on here that either do NOT realize or, IGNORE, the FACT (meaing UNDISPUTABLE) that there are tons of FREE Bulletin Boards available for them to use as a "gathering place," for their largely inane "comments." You KNOW who you are! Let the flames begin!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/17/13 - 05:23 pm
Humble Angela Regarding the Greeneway rules:

Humble Angela and Little Lamb: The kiosk at the entrance to the Greeneway path at Riverview Park clearly spells out the rules for pedestrians and bicyclists. I believe it says that pedestrians are to move to the right (if they aren't already there as they should be) when bicyclists signal "Left!" as the bicyclists approach from behind and the bicyclist then passes on the left. This may not be the general rule for other properties, but it is the rule for that park. Please read rules particular to each park. They post them for your safety.

KSL
KSL 02/17/13 - 05:28 pm
I think that there will be a

I think that there will be a growing number of bad people killed by good, law abiding people. I would not hesitate one second to take advantage of the castle law. Learn your rights.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/17/13 - 05:44 pm
RM - Steve

Filmed his movie at my people's places in Miss. And Sally is a nut!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/17/13 - 06:40 pm
Lilly

Hey, how about that! My spouse and I are from Miss., too! I'm going to look up that movie and watch it.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/17/13 - 07:21 pm
LL

The Reirvers (1969)

Gage Creed
19483
Gage Creed 02/17/13 - 07:39 pm
Cameo circa 1986... "Word up,

Cameo circa 1986... "Word up, it's the code word, No matter where you say it, you'll know that you'll be heard."

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/17/13 - 07:42 pm
I was going to say I thought

I was going to say I thought the Getaway was filmed in Texas. But, Lilly, that's interesting about The Reivers. I caught that on Turner Classic a few weeks ago. Funny movie.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 02/21/13 - 08:08 am
Channel 12 saying it is in Augusta

Actually it is in North Augusta South Carolina. On top of the Hill. And they know it. So why do they claim to be in Augusta? Nice! Augusta gets on air cedit but North Augusta gets the tax revenues. License renewal time is here. A letter to the FCC may help fix this situation.

wbbh
wbbh 03/09/13 - 05:54 pm
TSA Rave

A big rave for the TSA folks at Bush Field. They were pleasant and professional. This was the case even when something in our carry on bags caught their attention and needed to be looked after passing thru the x-ray machine. We had a similar experience at LAX. I do apologize to the person(s) required to view our x-ray profiles.