Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT’S ABOUT DARK, and I am riding my bicycle on the Greeneway. I see a runner ahead. She has an LED built in to her jacket, and reflective stripes. I am thinking; “Wow, this runner really practices safety.” Then I have to veer around her, because, contrary to path etiquette and common practice, she’s running on the left side.

RANT FOR LIBERAL judges. Now we know why there are so much crime and violence in America. A 19-year-old kid is shot to death. The witnesses lie through their teeth, withholding information, interfere with investigations and all they get is probation. The shooter gets off with five years. Didn’t somebody tell you a man died?

KUDOS FOR THE teacher who spends her weekend in the clubs getting drunk. How can you possibly be a positive role model when you can’t even make responsible decisions for yourself?

PLEASE BE A GOOD neighbor and keep your cat on your property. If that is impossible, keep it in your house.

CONTRARY TO POPULAR belief, most state employees aren’t overpaid pencil-pushers but are your neighbors who work for less money and higher insurance costs than their private business counterparts. The often-overlooked health care workers, such as in our mental health services, give the best care that they can for your families despite low wages and no raises in many years. Let’s give them the same support that we are giving our educators.

WHY DO YOU FIND it so hard to keep the online Rants & Raves updated?

RANT TO THE person who said he was in the military for 25 years and sees no need for civilians to own an assault weapon. If this person really spent 25 years in the military, he would know that the weapons that civilians buy are not military assault weapons. It is like comparing squirt guns to garden hoses. No army in the world uses what the uninformed, the president and media call assault weapons.

RANT TO BRENDAN Douglas for not understanding the meaning of the word “commitment.” His last-minute switch from Georgia Tech to UGA shows a lack of class and common sense.

Jake
Jake 02/15/13 - 09:58 pm
Brendan Douglas

This young man is an outstanding athlete and student. When given a choice of a better opportunity than what he first committed to, he took it. After all, it is his future, not yours.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/16/13 - 01:40 am
#1

Whether the Greeneway, highway, or canal path; some people are oblivious to the rules of the road. When biking, it is standard practice to hail walkers that you are approaching and passing. I encountered a fellow walking his dogs on the Greeneway that was in the middle of the path. I hailed, but he he didn't yield either side; so I gave him some lip when I passed. Of course, he thought it was all my fault.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/16/13 - 01:38 am
The rest

#4. Amen. Our cat stays in the house. I just posted a few days ago about the billions of birds killed by cats, and that doesn't account for the aggravation they cause for neighbors. If you love your cat you will do what it takes to keep them on your property. They are fair game otherwise.

#5. Check your stats. The public sector on the whole is outpacing the private sector in income.

The very Liberal NYT would have you believe different, but if you look deeper; the majority of American workers do not have masters or above degrees.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/16/13 - 01:46 am
Lastly, for Seenit

Can't get onboard with you on Duck Dynasty. For the last two days I've watched several re-runs, and like all of the other reality series, they are interesting for a show or two; but then the obvious staging takes over.

KSL
KSL 02/16/13 - 07:47 am
Totally agree. I watched 2

Totally agree. I watched 2 minutes and that was enough. Never have gotten into any of that type of programming.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/16/13 - 07:59 am
Ahh, Cats!!! A few of my

Ahh, Cats!!! A few of my neighbors have several, I have a trap. Since they can't provide a sandbox for them and they seem to want to mark all my property as their territory, it's time for them to be "re-homed"!! Am I cruel? No! Do I hate cats? NO! But I do value my property above someone else's #$^^ Cat!!!!

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:22 am
anotherday

Don't mess with my ducks.....you jest go back to watching J Springer....& leave the wholesome--sweet swamp men to me & a few million other gals...haha

They will have some new skits in a week or so...I'm told.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:27 am
Rant about r/r s updated

Exactly what do you mean.....daily---hourly--the posters on here.....because some of us could use some updating...should we dress to post....should the oldies fade away from here.....I mean
WHAT DO YOU WANT?

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:32 am
Cat or dog

I have wondered if I could back as either ....which one would I want...
a dog is happy go lucky--playful--protective & a cat is soo aloof....doesn't really need attention so much.....thinks like a loner.....hunts for food when need be.....gives dead animals as presents.....but the dog is the most fun...to me....a dog it is then.....the wagging tail gives away toooo much feeling ...lol

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:37 am
Who's your daddy..

Yesterday I caught a glimpse of that program....an older guy about 75 was tested for fatherhood.....the mother was a young 24ish type....NO ONE thought he was the pop......but the sly ole gent had a big smile on his face ...cause HE was the daddy.....lol..gotta watch the oldies...they can fool ya everytime!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 08:43 am
Good Day to Photoshop Pics

It’s a cold day, so I’m staying inside and working on photoshopping someone I don’t like and posting his nude pic in compromising situations online in several less than stellar places. Luckily, he has enough photos online that I can find some good ones to work from. If anyone wants to see the finished results of the pic later, just email me.

I learned yesterday with the AC editorial that it’s entirely legal and shouldn’t be declared against the law to photoshop someone into a nude, compromising situation and post it on the internet. Speaking of the editorial staff...that gives me an idea. Heh.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:44 am
The meteor

I was just thinking (for a change) about the meteor & the reaction from the folks....just imagine many many moons ago...like in Cleopatras time.......I can just see the masses trying to figure out what is that thing....that streak across the sky.......a warning of sorts....a message from the Gods.....do yall see how little we know even today....did anyone KNOW that dang thing was coming.....we could be saying today.....DANG I wish we still had Las Vegas to visit....in the blink of an eye..poof!

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:47 am
RM

Something tells me YOUR days could be numbered! :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 08:48 am
Why would a meteorite hit Las Vegas?

Why do you think a meteor would hit Vegas of all places? Think some sinning goes on there? Heh. The last time I was in Vegas, I didn't look back at the airport because I just knew I'd turn into a pillar of salt.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:51 am
Why Vegas

You didn't think I would say Hot Atlanta...did you?

I don't want my coattail on fiiirrreee!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 08:53 am
I want to find a minimum wage job

I want to find a minimum wage job. The way it keeps increasing it will be a higher salary than all of us with the other jobs have. Pretty soon with Democrats in charge that thing will be 90 bucks an hour and double that if you take a sick day.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 08:54 am
I said, don't look back in Atlanta, too

I said, "Don't look back or you will turn into a pillar of salt," leaving an Atlanta club once too. Nope, not getting into that here.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 08:56 am
Might be a good thing

It could be a good thing that we can't post pics on here.....can you see in your mind what some would do to the posters they don't like......thumpers would have a field day.....we would be in all types of positions......ungodly....it gives me chills...lol..lol.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 09:03 am
Speaking of FIRE!!!!

The man has it all......sets me on fire just watching him.......♥

watch this miss Lilly......running bare......

gotta scratch someplaces.....in other parts of the world...

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 09:05 am
A glow in the Dark Sheriff

Ungodly positions. Heh, heh, heh.

Hey, that article about more money for the Sheriff is getting all kinds of comments. One guy is radioactive or something and says he works for less money around nuclear stuff and could do the job. Imagine a glow in the dark sheriff in Cherry Tree. He would stop crime dead in its tracks.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 09:09 am
Imagine a glow in the dark sheriff in Cherry Tree.

Actually that is the best idea of all......it would stop crime...sometimes River you do come up with some good ideas.....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/13 - 09:10 am
Later, the ungodly positions

Later, the ungodly positions still has me going.

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 09:12 am
THINK

Unseemly too.....haha

Jane18
Jane18 02/16/13 - 09:13 am
Duck-Fever?

You know seenit, some folks are not gonna like "the men" we do, and that's okay. They aren't the handsomest, but, they are working men, moral men, and they have sooooooo much fun! Some of the shows are a little corny, but, on the whole they are very entertaining and I appreciate Daddy Phil acknowledging The LORD in their lives. I have been watching the show since it first came on.................sure does beat all those"housewives", and all the other "trashy" shows! I will remind you again of the date of Ducks(Feb.27 @ 10:00)

seenitB4 02/16/13 - 09:18 am
hahah Jane

Mama don't care if some can't get the hang of the ducks...more for us to enjoy....they are wise & kind....never hear a cuss word from them....& just down home country living when they are really very wealthy....do ya see how Phil always takes his wifes side in everything...gotta love a man like that...
seeyall later

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 02/16/13 - 09:22 am
Riverman1

I don't think the Democrats are to blame for this. The cost of food, fuel, electricity starting going up before President Obama became president. Have you NOT paid attention to the price of gas or the rising cost of food? I think that the minimum wage should be raised to help deflate the cost of increasing fuel and electric cost. I'm not a welfare or food stamp recipient, have never seemed to be able to make their qualifications, not that I would have wanted to anyway. I just see how some people struggle to get by on $7.25 and can't.

corgimom
corgimom 02/16/13 - 09:23 am
Hey, how did somebody know

Hey, how did somebody know that a teacher was in a club, getting drunk? Um, because they were there too, doing the same thing? What kind of positive role model was the ranter setting for the children in their family?

News flash, teachers are normal adults. They are allowed to go to nightclubs, they are allowed to drink, and yes, some of them get drunk. It has nothing to do with their job. However, it has been my experience that the ones who expect teachers to be perfect are the ones who are doing dirt themselves- they have all sorts of stuff going on in their homes, and that's ok, but then they expect teachers to be held to a higher standard.

What does drinking in a nightclub have to do with teaching?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/16/13 - 09:27 am
"Then I have to veer around

"Then I have to veer around her, because, contrary to path etiquette and common practice, she’s running on the left side."

Sorry, ranter #1, but etiquette/law states that vehicles and bikes ride to the right, pedestrians stay to the left. If you had to veer, it appears that YOU are the one on the wrong side.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/16/13 - 09:30 am
"THREE THOUSAND killed on

"THREE THOUSAND killed on 9/11. Our response? Trillions and two wars. But 270,000 gun deaths in America since then. Our response? “It’s my right.”"

Show me ONE person who claimed they had a right to kill people.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/16/13 - 09:43 am
pgapeach "I think that the

pgapeach "I think that the minimum wage should be raised to help deflate the cost of increasing fuel and electric cost. "

How do you figure that will work when those businesses will just raise their prices in turn to pay for the increased cost of labor? Why is basic economics so difficult for some to understand.