Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

YOU KNOW THE WORLD is going to hell in a handbasket when the pope quits!

ROUNDTREE AND MCINTYRE mostly likely knew what the salary was before they ran for office. It’s been so many years, I can’t even remember when state employees got a raise.

IT’S SCARY TO THINK a greater number of people are living off government welfare programs than are paying taxes!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE realize pit bulls are a dangerous animal and need to be controlled at all times?

A BIG RAVE TO Hammond Hill Animal Hospital. Dr. Norman and Karen, you went above and beyond to help us save our puppy. Thank you so much. Bella sends lots of licks!

RANT TO THE JUDGES and laws that favor tenants no matter how much money they owe or how much property they have destroyed. A lot of us have become “involuntary landlords” due to the housing market. Landlords are struggling, too

ISN’T IT JUST LIKE a Republican to put in a motion to protect certain hurtful monuments instead of working on the nitty-gritty stuff like the budget?

RAVE FOR OFFICER Ronnie Phillips for his assistance in recovering my stolen wallet. I was astounded when he called to say he would drive out and deliver it to me. I am sure it was not the most exciting duty of his day but his concern, courtesy and professionalism meant a great deal to me and my mother.

PAINE COLLEGE IS cash-strapped and wants to start a football program. All they need to do is schedule a game with UGA. Paine gets the money needed to start up their program and UGA fans are happy that their Dawgs get another easy win.

I JUST WANT TO thank the lady who paid for my medicine at Rite Aid on Wheeler Road. I had the money at home, but was so sick that morning that I just didn’t think to carry it with me; I will pass the favor on.

HEY, COMMISSIONERS, stop whining. Commission meetings last as long as it takes to take care of business! You were elected to be a commissioner, not just a pretty face! If it takes six hours instead of two, well so what?

WOMEN IN COMBAT? Careful what you wish for.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 12:53 pm
angela ..all I can say is

Lord please forgive me and may God bless the Pygmies in New Guinea" -Larry The Cable Guy

seeya later

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 02/13/13 - 01:07 pm
Yay me!!

I'm famous!! Reminds me of the scene in the jerk when the new phonebooks come out lol

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/13/13 - 02:04 pm
"I'm somebody

"I'm somebody now!...............things are gonna start happening to me now."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/13/13 - 03:00 pm
The troll got a late start

The troll got a late start today. Even put a thumd down on a post about a good man on his deathbed.

That's about as low as it gets in my book.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 03:06 pm
hahah

You say you don't wanna run and hide a face that no one knows And everyone ya meet, you're gonna show You're nobody's slave, nobody's chains are holdin' you You hold your fist up high and rule the zoo
Oh, you just got to beUp high where the whole world's watchin' me'Cause I, I got the guts to be somebodyTo cry out
I wanna be somebody, be somebody soonI wanna be somebody, be somebody tooI wanna be somebody, be somebody soonI wanna be somebody, be somebody too

Ya gotta get downers B4 ya can be somebody on here....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/13 - 03:14 pm
""I'm somebody

"I'm somebody now!...............things are gonna start happening to me now."

I say that everytime I get drunk.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 03:18 pm
Happy Valentine Baby....

Jokes, Funny, laughs and Quotes

Wife (waking up from her sleep): i just had a dream that you bought me a very expensive diamond necklace.
Husband: Go back to sleep & wear it

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 03:19 pm
Stop fooling round with yall

Some man in this house jest told me to stop foolin round with yall & git ready.......bye bye

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/13 - 04:02 pm
Hey Rebel and Others

Somebody we know who used to slam JB Powell now concentrates on Roundtree. I wonder if it's for the same reason?

rebellious
22034
rebellious 02/13/13 - 05:04 pm
Prolly

I do wonder why the tight scrutiny and comment so early in the Sheriff's term. I can be as critical as the next person, if not more, but it shore is starting to look like "preferential treatment".

I suspect that whole restricted communication is at the core. Like when a certain State Representative wouldn't grace you-know-who with a phone call or interview and was thoroughly trashed on the airwaves daily.

And Riverman, you must be corrected! "Used to" is not accurate.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/13 - 05:27 pm
Rebel

It's not so much how fast the media gets the info. The restricted communications affect certain officers that are favored by the media guy. That's what it's about.

Yup, on the grammar, that "used to" was wrong. It won't be my last...or yours. :)

happychimer
19565
happychimer 02/13/13 - 07:18 pm
Pitbulls are as good as they

Pitbulls are as good as they are loved and trained.My daughter has one, and everytime I drive up in her yard, the dog greets me at the car with a tennis ball in her mouth. She thinks everybody who comes to the house is coming to play ball with her.She is a big lovable baby. She gets up in my daughter's lap. She knows when it is time for the kids to get home from school. The youngest child use to climb up on the dog's back and ride. She is a good watch dog too. All pits are not bad. This dog has been in the family for several years, and has never even hinted at harming someone.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs