Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

YOU KNOW THE WORLD is going to hell in a handbasket when the pope quits!

ROUNDTREE AND MCINTYRE mostly likely knew what the salary was before they ran for office. It’s been so many years, I can’t even remember when state employees got a raise.

IT’S SCARY TO THINK a greater number of people are living off government welfare programs than are paying taxes!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE realize pit bulls are a dangerous animal and need to be controlled at all times?

A BIG RAVE TO Hammond Hill Animal Hospital. Dr. Norman and Karen, you went above and beyond to help us save our puppy. Thank you so much. Bella sends lots of licks!

RANT TO THE JUDGES and laws that favor tenants no matter how much money they owe or how much property they have destroyed. A lot of us have become “involuntary landlords” due to the housing market. Landlords are struggling, too

RAVE FOR OFFICER Ronnie Phillips for his assistance in recovering my stolen wallet. I was astounded when he called to say he would drive out and deliver it to me. I am sure it was not the most exciting duty of his day but his concern, courtesy and professionalism meant a great deal to me and my mother.

PAINE COLLEGE IS cash-strapped and wants to start a football program. All they need to do is schedule a game with UGA. Paine gets the money needed to start up their program and UGA fans are happy that their Dawgs get another easy win.

I JUST WANT TO thank the lady who paid for my medicine at Rite Aid on Wheeler Road. I had the money at home, but was so sick that morning that I just didn’t think to carry it with me; I will pass the favor on.

HEY, COMMISSIONERS, stop whining. Commission meetings last as long as it takes to take care of business! You were elected to be a commissioner, not just a pretty face! If it takes six hours instead of two, well so what?

WOMEN IN COMBAT? Careful what you wish for.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/12/13 - 08:05 pm
About Sarge

Cobalt posted on yesterday's R & R that Jim has decided to forego any more chemo, etc. for his cancer that has spread to his bones.

Short of a miracle, we all know the eventual outcome, so PLEASE go see him if you will. It will brighten his day more than you know, especially if you are someone whom he's never met. That is how I got to know him several years ago; he was a regular on the forums and I went to see him in the hospital. I found one of the most magnificent people I've ever met.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 02/12/13 - 11:31 pm
IAD ... that's how I met Jim

IAD ... that's how I met Jim too. I went about a month ago to see him in the hospital. Is he back/still on the rehab floor at DH (6th floor)?

His sweet wife has her hands full. I will pray for him <3

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/12/13 - 11:39 pm
IAD

JIM (Sarge), would thank you for that. I will pass the word tomorrow.

KSM, No 5th floor, Rm 504.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/12/13 - 11:41 pm
Night All

I now can lay my head on my pillow and feel that America and it's God citizens are now better off than they were 4 years ago....Right?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/13/13 - 12:47 am
I didn't watch so I don't

I didn't watch so I don't know. I couldn't stomach it.

countyman
20626
countyman 02/13/13 - 01:18 am
Private sector growth!

Groundbreaking of the Holiday Inn Express(former Regency Inn; $6 million) on Broad street is finally here. The investment helps out both Lower Broad and the Olde Town neighborhood. Expect the TEE Center to continue attracting new private developments.

ColbatGeorge... Yes, I do have a CWP.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/13 - 08:12 am
So

According to countyman, I'm now 'Bat' Guano.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/13 - 08:16 am
Good Morning "N0 Worry" America

The King has spoken.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 02/13/13 - 08:52 am
Why do all of the riff raff...

hang out by the old hilton? What is it now?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/13/13 - 09:09 am
Women in Combat

Just imagine an infantry battalion made up completely of women. Give them enough time to become "synced" and they could defeat any army on the face of the Earth.

OK ladies, go ahead and attack, I can take it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 09:40 am
RKill

You make a good point....no flak from me...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 09:42 am
Sign entering Wood county West Virginiat

Welcome to Wood county...
Our citizens carry a concealed weapon permit..
If you kill someone --we will kill you back
We have "0" in jail & 513 in the cemeteries...
Have a nice stay...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 09:57 am
ok ...about this..rant

YOU KNOW THE WORLD is going to hell in a handbasket when the pope quits!

Yesterday I was in a somewhat heated discussion about the Pope quitting...it seems SOME don't think he should EVER resign....I said the man is 85 years old .....maybe he is really sick & needs a rest...nooooo they say...it shouldn't happen...the lady was French.....what is it ....why would anyone think anyone should muster on in a job if they are unable to do so....don't understand their reasoning on this...sorry.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 10:00 am
KSM's Post

KSM is alive she is alive...I saw her post on here......wow....visit more often ...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 10:05 am
No I didn't

I didn't see his talk last night...sooo I can't comment on the "quality" or content.......I'm sure the worshipping media will gladly fill in the spaces...as usual.
When some media guys/gals are talking about him I can almost see their eyes glowing ...like a mom with a new baby......ahhhing all over each other...maybe he knows how to put people in a trance.....who knows...

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 02/13/13 - 10:39 am
IAD, I'm with you. Not

IAD, I'm with you. Not enough nausea meds on hand for me to watch. My husband watched for both of us and assured me His Royal Hindness, Barack H. Obama promises to cure everything for us from the housing industry to hemorrhoids...
..... if we can just raise the working classes taxes high enough or borrow enough money from China.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 10:41 am
I can rest now

countyman said this to Cgee

ColbatGeorge... Yes, I do have a CWP.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 10:42 am
Headlines in AJC

Yikes...

Feds arrest 10 metro cops......say police were paid to protect gang's drug deals......omg
got some reading to do & another place to tell....

Jake
Jake 02/13/13 - 11:00 am
Is it just me?

When I click the "Rants & Raves" on the main page it gives me a message "This page cannot be displayed". I guess I can take the hint. In order for me to post here I had to click on R&R in the "Most Discussed".

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 02/13/13 - 11:05 am
@ jake

There must be something wrong with the link. I'll have someone look at it.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/13/13 - 11:06 am
Gun registration

I would like to hear from some of my pro-gun-rights friends on this.

I am personally torn with the idea of a database tracking ownership of guns. On the one hand, like you, I do not want the government knowing how many and what type of weapons I have; but on the other I see a need for a system of some sort to figure out where the guns come from that land in the hands of people who can't legally purchase them.

What say you on how we devise a system to help thwart the illegal gun trade while protecting our own privacy?

Jake
Jake 02/13/13 - 11:06 am
Sarge

Jim is a good man and a faithful soldier. I wish the best for him and his family during his ordeal. General MacArthur's words come to mind when I think of Jim, "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away". Keep your spirits up my friend.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 02/13/13 - 11:09 am
@ Jake

It is fixed now.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/13 - 11:48 am
Sarge

Is looking a little better this morning, accepting a new antibiotic that has lowered his nausea feeling.

I posted the wrong NR for him, sorry It is (706) 651-5504.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/13/13 - 11:55 am
"ISN’T IT JUST LIKE a

"ISN’T IT JUST LIKE a Republican to put in a motion to protect certain hurtful monuments instead of working on the nitty-gritty stuff like the budget?"

You mean that thing that the Democrat senate and Democrat President has not passed in over 4 years?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/13 - 12:07 pm
GnipGnop

You made the hard copy R&R today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 01:29 pm
I want to dedicate this next one toooo

Our big boss man Sean....

Are ya feeeeling it....the man can sing.......now if I want a nice Valentine day I will have to go & get primped ....we will celebrate today instead of the 14th.......just because......♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/13 - 01:32 pm
hahahha

I'm glad I didn't mis spell primped..lol

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/13/13 - 01:41 pm
seenit........I'm sure no one

seenit........I'm sure no one would say anything about a misspelled word.....as long as you aren't calling someone else stupid while you do it. And if you just omitted a certain letter....the filter would probably get ya. :)

daphne3520
daphne3520 02/13/13 - 01:47 pm
Landlords (involuntarily)......Welllllll, I'm of the dubious

distinction of being in "South Cackalacky." One of a very FEW states in which wage garnishment doesn't happen!