Rants & Raves

WORD THAT SAXBY CHAMBLISS will not run for the U.S. Senate next year is the first thing he’s done right. Let him go.

HILLARY SHOUTS IT’S her job “to figure out what happened and to…prevent it from ever happening again.” That’s the standard Obama excuse for failure. Just let failure happen, then after the fact, claim the job is to not let it happen again. Tell that to four dead Americans.

OBAMA PLANS TO “weigh debt options.” When you owe money, there is only one option; anything else is a con game. You pay back the money, period.

SO YOU MIGHT NEED your guns to fight off the government? Well, when armored personnel carriers with machine guns rumble down your street, good luck with that.

IN A LIFE-THREATENING situation when seconds count and help is only minutes away, being armed is your best defense.

CALLING AN AR-15 an “assault rifle” is the same as putting racing stripes, mag wheels, ground effects, and glass packs on a ’75 Ford Pinto and calling it a race car.

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN wants to allow illegal immigrants to get away with breaking U.S. laws because McCain wants Republicans to get more Latino votes. Obviously, McCain doesn’t care about our laws being enforced, just about getting votes.

SEVERAL STATES, e.g., Idaho, Oregon and Texas, have said they will refuse to enforce illegal laws being pushed by Obama. Where are Georgia’s leaders? Are they afraid to stand up to the federal attack on constitutional state’s rights?

WHEN I SAW THE PHOTO of the folks waiting in line for the gun show, I did not think of hunters and patriots. Instead I saw hundreds of potential psychos arming themselves against an imaginary Armageddon and innocent schoolchildren.

I AM CONSTANTLY AMAZED people actually apply to work for Augusta’s dysfunctional city government!

NOBODY IN THEIR right mind needs an assault rifle. They should be for the military only. A pistol for protection or a rifle for hunting is all a normal person needs, period. Assault weapons need to be outlawed, but I am afraid it will never happen.

Jane18
Jane18 02/11/13 - 11:49 am
R & R #1

I'm just wondering what damage he will do(or go along with), before the last day he ''serves" Georgia and America...................

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/11/13 - 12:30 pm
Rant #11

When you are facing a tyrannical, despotic government, a pistol is not enough protection.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/13 - 12:56 pm
Remember

The only pistol that will be legal are "single" action type. All others fall in the category of semi-automatic.

harley_52
harley_52 02/11/13 - 01:22 pm
"I ask any liberal here to please define an assault rifle."

Well, I don't consider myself a l.l..l...liberal, for sure, but I think I can define an "assault rifle." In fact, I did it for the AC Reporter who covered the 2nd Amendment rally the other day, but he chose not to print it. Ready?

An assault rifle is a rifle that's used to assault somebody.

There you have it. As I told him, you can apply that same definition to define an assault baseball bat, an assault knife, an assault 2 X 4, or an assault brick.

A single shot .22 LR can be an assault rifle, a target rifle, a defensive rifle all at once, just as can be a an AR15.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/11/13 - 01:40 pm
New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies.

If you have a contrary response, please stick to arguing the facts and not diversion or messenger shooting....

happychimer
happychimer 02/11/13 - 02:09 pm
My goodness! posters begging

My goodness! posters begging for a liberal to enter the room. I feel so wanted! Sorry though. I am not arguing with anyone. Some call it debating. I don't argue, period. Keep up the begging and maybe you will find someone to satisfy your craving.Yall enjoy your day. now to other things and places

harley_52
harley_52 02/11/13 - 02:47 pm
Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 03:31 pm
"My goodness! posters begging

"My goodness! posters begging for a liberal to enter the room. I feel so wanted!"

Well unlike most liberals, I welcome honest debate. I don't try to have it silenced if it doesn't fall into my belief system. It seems most liberals are all for freedom of speech as long as you don't disagree with them, then they want it labeled as "hate speech" and it should be banned.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/11/13 - 03:51 pm
HA

You were looking for an intelligent liberal..correct? There might be some confusion.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 04:13 pm
I'm hopeful.

I'm hopeful.

allhans
allhans 02/11/13 - 04:44 pm
The Five at Five..Eric

The Five at Five..Eric Bolling...."WOW! "TheFive": You won't believe what happened to SEAL who killed Bin Laden, disgusting + Dr Carson + Pope Benedict + Gutfeld on LAPD manhunt 5p et FNC"

harley_52
harley_52 02/11/13 - 05:01 pm
"I'm hopeful."

I'm not.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/11/13 - 05:01 pm
"Augusta city government can

"Augusta city government can now be defined by the word abstentionism. It's an abstentionist form of government."

Abstentionism.....a form of government by little men with big mouths, small brains, and no solutions.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 02/11/13 - 05:05 pm
Nice thing happened today

...when I was at the mall; a woman ran up to me and started digging in her bag. My usual experience is that's quickly followed by her producing something resembling a howdah pistol and ordering I leave her mother/sister/daughter/aunt alone. This time it was a handkerchief!

Several weeks ago I'd given it to her because she was distraught because her husband's tour had been extended. I had joked she should wipe her eyes on my French battle flag -- like most Marine wives would, she'd gotten the joke. She was returning it- washed and ironed, no less.

countyman
20116
countyman 02/11/13 - 06:32 pm
2013=Transformation

The Chronicle finally decided to print the article.

TEE Center=20 events

happychimer
happychimer 02/11/13 - 10:02 pm
humble Angela, I have never

humble Angela, I have never enjoyed arguing or debating. It's not my thing. You can't put the name liberal or democrat to it, because I have not been a democrat all my years of voting.When I say I don't like arguing, then you think you can read my mind.You speak of freedom of speech, your freedom of speech, but I have that freedom too.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/11/13 - 11:12 pm
Happy, I suppose then that

Happy, I suppose then that you don't red thumb comments without chiming in on why you think they are wrong?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/12/13 - 09:18 am
Don't remember ever claiming

Don't remember ever claiming to read anyone's mind.....let me scroll up and check..........nope...no claim made.