Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ON JAN. 28, my husband and I were at the Uptown VA. My wheelchair became a little difficult for him to handle. A lovely lady and her husband, senior citizens as we are, stopped to help. She took me to my husband’s sign-in area and after signing him in, she waited with me for him to catch up. I neglected to get their names but will forever be in their debt for being there when we needed friends. Angels do not necessarily have wings.

BIG RAVE FOR the staff at U-Turn Thrift Store on Gordon Highway. I accidentally left my wallet on the counter, and a lady who works there walked across busy Gordon High­way to return it before I had even missed it. Random acts of kindness still happen.

RAVES TO THE mother of the Grovetown High student who stood on the corner of William Few and Long Creek Falls with a sign that read: “I was suspended for three days for bullying.” Thank you for teaching your son the importance of love and tolerance.

THANK GOODNESS, Sonny Perdue will not run for something else. After we got him out of the Governor’s Mansion, maybe we can get some decent Board of Regents people appointed and correct the names of our university and hospital!

UNDER DROUGHT CONDITIONS we are to conserve the water, yet out on Walton Way in front of Langford Middle School a hose has been hooked to a hydrant and flowing since before Christmas!

AN AMERICAN Chris­tian pastor is locked up in Iran. Both Hillary and Obama do nothing to help this man.

WHOEVER CAME UP with the bottleneck at Bobby Jones and Deans Bridge Road: There was nothing wrong with the way it was. Now it is piled up 30 cars deep. Talk about a waste of money. Whoever came up with it needs to look for another job.

RANTS FOR PEPSI. It is a shame they could pay one person $50 million for one commercial. I am Afro-American and so is Beyonce. She isn’t worth that amount. People are hurting and hungry. They could have done donated to hungry and poor people who need a home.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/10/13 - 09:13 am
@ River..."Why Romney never

@ River..."Why Romney never hit Obama hard during the debates with it is beyond me."

Why Romney never hit Obama hard during the debates is beyond me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 09:17 am
To Roundtree

I am taking a licking on here about you....everytime I say you deserve more money....sooo the next time I'm stopped on I-20 for speeding....I wantcha to remember me...(wink-wink.).

kidding folks....don't get sumthin in a wad....seeyall

harley_52
harley_52 02/10/13 - 09:27 am
" What in the world is he basing that claim on?"

Well, it could be ignorance of the subject, but I doubt it. Based upon his previous positions, it's most likely intentional deceit. He has a LONG history of misstating facts to intentionally mislead the public.

Apparently it runs in the family.

harley_52
harley_52 02/10/13 - 09:34 am
"Why Romney never hit Obama hard....

....during the debates is beyond me."

Apparently he was convinced that a non-confrontational, kinder, gentler approach was the key to success. That a m.m..m...moderate Republican was what Conservative voters wanted. That's what the blue-blood wing of the Republican party believes.

They were wrong.......AGAIN.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/10/13 - 09:37 am
Beyounce

Jackie Wilson, was an alltime great. "Lonely Tear Drops". He died a pauper and was buried in an unmarked grave. Michael Jackson dedicated the "Triller" album to him. I always figured that Jackie would have appreciate a few bucks from Jackson to buy a headstone more. Finally, a colection raised enough money to bury him proper.

harley_52
harley_52 02/10/13 - 09:51 am
"I wantcha to remember me...(wink-wink.)."

That's why women get warnings where men get tickets.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 10:15 am
Water conservation rant

It is one of those "Do as we say, not as we do" things. Government is like that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 10:20 am
Did common sense die....

Obituary.....Absolutely Brilliant !!

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense , who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in
bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated
such valuable lessons as:

- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student,
only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I'm A Victim
- Pay me for Doing Nothing

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 10:24 am
Now harley

You know ya don't want to birth those babies......:)

I have found the sweeter you talk with a policeman...the better they treat you....I had one in SC let me go after I crossed the dang medium ..not once but twice....on I-20...he shook his head ......I didn't hide it either...right in front of him....but that was when I was in my 20s....LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 10:27 am
JTF

I love that song by Wilson...thanks for bringing it up...

Cirroc2012
Cirroc2012 02/10/13 - 10:31 am
Christian pastor

This may not be as easy as it seem, the pastor is a native of this country. All Iran believe to be true is that he is a traitor. He is now a US citizen (pastor) he is considered as a threat to their country religious views. I know his help would have been much appreciated here in the US with much more support. You are depending on man to help get him out of this religious war,everyone should start try looking up to God!! This is not the time to look at republican or democrats views.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 10:34 am
Funny isn't it seenit

We revere many of the old time black musicians, we have favorite athletes and movie stars who are black, columnists like Walter Williams; and increasingly, political figures.

Yet when we criticize Obama or other black people whose agenda, behavior, or persona we don't like, we are branded racist. How does that work?

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/10/13 - 10:45 am
"NBC NEWS REPORTED an

"NBC NEWS REPORTED an “assault-style” rifle (whatever that is) was not used at Sandy Hook. Of course, the Democrats have never let facts get in the way of exploiting a crisis."

Well that wouldn't fit their liberal gun banning agenda now would it?

Oh, and you also won't hear them talking about the thousands of "social justice" types who are signing up on the social media sites in support of Christopher Dorner and his killing spree. These are the first people you will meet in the streets when the crap hits the fan. And they want to know why I want to own an semi-automatic rifle. The more I am seeing from the "social justice" regime in charge nowadays, the more I am tempted to pay the fee and get the license for a FULL Automatic machine gun.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 11:03 am
Yep anotherday

Funny times....I give my opinion on here & some have big problems with it...I actually wasn't talking about Pres O when it happened .....but that is life....
This place is for OPINIONS.....some can skip over me or ignore button me...whatever.....life is short & I know we can't please the masses..but I need to say this...

Richmond county will have many blacks voted in to important positions...try to work with it & help these people if you can...bashing them on the radio--tv-news won't help curb the crime-troubles in Richmond conty....I see 1st hand in the Atlanta metro area what happens when some can't work together...it ain't "purty."

gott get busy here....yahear

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/10/13 - 01:23 pm
It's a Raise issue not a Race issue....

You don't have to agree with everything that is said, but should be able to appreciate that our local talk radio show provides a great service of information, application and accountability; not to mention the entertainment factor.

The raise issue is not about Sheriff Roundtree being black. I guess if you can say it enough, though, it will be true to all those who want it to be.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 01:27 pm
Some removed

If some posts don't make sense it is because some have been removed....Giants AllDay..I wish you would repost your post about guns in Cailf.....leaving out the offending word....thanks

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 01:56 pm
I see the red thumb coward

I see the red thumb coward has made their daily troll.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 02/10/13 - 02:20 pm
Good afternoon on this

Good afternoon on this beautiful day.seenit your 11:03 should work within each state and Washington.work together

happychimer
19565
happychimer 02/10/13 - 02:12 pm
It's good to know some missed

It's good to know some missed me. I ain't gone from here yet.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 02/10/13 - 02:15 pm
Tots
Tots 02/10/13 - 03:31 pm
GiantsAllDay,

I agree with Seenit@1:27pm,you had a great post ..

Tots
Tots 02/10/13 - 03:36 pm
Some things,

It seems,never change on here.....LOL!! I had to login today,just to say hello,give a few thumbs ups as support.
The red thumb troll ,can have at it.... Toodles!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 04:54 pm
Some of Giants post

I own a couple of handguns (2 revolvers, a s&w .44 magnum and a s&w
.357 magnum) and I always thought it was no big deal to store them in my
house, car or my other property. I recently moved back home to California and
tried looking up on the Internet what the rules are here--found it to be very
confusing so a couple of weeks ago, I asked a Sacramento county sheriff
deputy and this is what he told me:
It's ok to have a handgun in your home, he even went on to further state that
he recommended that I do. Can you imagine that?
Concealed weapons permits in CA are granted by the sheriff in each individual
county. The deputy told me I would not ever get such a permit, even though I
have never committed a crime in my life. If I have a gun in my vehicle, it
has to be unloaded and in the trunk. The trunk is defined as a place where
the driver and passengers can't get to it. If I am caught with my handgun in
the passenger area of my vehicle (loaded or unloaded) I am going to jail and
all my weapons will be seized by the government and I'll never be allowed to
own a weapon in California again. If my handgun is in my trunk and unloaded
BUT the officer discovers that the back seats are removable so a passenger
can gain access to the trunk, I am going to jail and all my weapons will be
seized by the government and I'll never be allowed to own a weapon in
California again. He further told me that his job is to get all weapons off
the street and he doesn't care if he takes it from a thug or a law abiding
citizen who has never broken the law in his life. If he finds a way to take
my revolvers and throw me in jail, he will get a commendation from his boss
(the sheriff). These are the laws in effect NOW. More are on the way, such as
having to get a permit and pay $75.00 a year and going through a background
check IN ORDER TO BUY AMMUNITION!! I refuse to do that! Even if it means
having to drive 2 hours to Reno to buy bullets, I'll do it!! I'm thinking
someday, that commie Jerry Brown himself will knock on my door and ask for my
guns. They are just simple guns, a couple of smith and Wesson revolvers.
Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I miss living in Augusta, Georgia. Count
your blessings, people.

dwb619
dwb619 02/10/13 - 06:22 pm
ATF

I wonder how difficult it would be to the get the ATF stamps for fully automatic weapons now?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 07:19 pm
Happychimer

We miss the regulars who post from the heart. Though you and I are on opposite poles politically, it doesn't mean that I am not concerned or value your contributions any less. I've learned a lot and have even moderated my stances a bit over the years by listening to people with an opposing view.

KSL
KSL 02/10/13 - 10:41 pm
This needs to keep on

This needs to keep on happening with better aim by the legal carriers/victims.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs