Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ON JAN. 28, my husband and I were at the Uptown VA. My wheelchair became a little difficult for him to handle. A lovely lady and her husband, senior citizens as we are, stopped to help. She took me to my husband’s sign-in area and after signing him in, she waited with me for him to catch up. I neglected to get their names but will forever be in their debt for being there when we needed friends. Angels do not necessarily have wings.

BIG RAVE FOR the staff at U-Turn Thrift Store on Gordon Highway. I accidentally left my wallet on the counter, and a lady who works there walked across busy Gordon High­way to return it before I had even missed it. Random acts of kindness still happen.

RAVES TO THE mother of the Grovetown High student who stood on the corner of William Few and Long Creek Falls with a sign that read: “I was suspended for three days for bullying.” Thank you for teaching your son the importance of love and tolerance.

THANK GOODNESS, Sonny Perdue will not run for something else. After we got him out of the Governor’s Mansion, maybe we can get some decent Board of Regents people appointed and correct the names of our university and hospital!

NBC NEWS REPORTED an “assault-style” rifle (whatever that is) was not used at Sandy Hook. Of course, the Democrats have never let facts get in the way of exploiting a crisis.

UNDER DROUGHT CONDITIONS we are to conserve the water, yet out on Walton Way in front of Langford Middle School a hose has been hooked to a hydrant and flowing since before Christmas!

AN AMERICAN Chris­tian pastor is locked up in Iran. Both Hillary and Obama do nothing to help this man.

WHOEVER CAME UP with the bottleneck at Bobby Jones and Deans Bridge Road: There was nothing wrong with the way it was. Now it is piled up 30 cars deep. Talk about a waste of money. Whoever came up with it needs to look for another job.

RANTS FOR PEPSI. It is a shame they could pay one person $50 million for one commercial. I am Afro-American and so is Beyonce. She isn’t worth that amount. People are hurting and hungry. They could have done donated to hungry and poor people who need a home.

Comments (58)

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/09/13 - 07:54 pm

"RANTS FOR PEPSI

... paying) one person $50 million ... they could have done (sic) donated to hungry and poor people who need a home."

Funny thing about that; Pepsi got that money by selling products people willingly gave them money for, but you want to dictate what they must do with their profits?

The government for almost a half-century has take TRILLIONS from working people under threat of jail to give to the most entitled, unappreciative, demonstrably least deserving of our nation- and yet there seems to be no surfeit of them.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/09/13 - 07:57 pm

"AN AMERICAN Chris­tian pastor is locked up in Iran

... Hillary and Obama do nothing to help this man."

Didn't you read your own post? "Christian." Man probably is a registered Republican and owns a firearm.

Three strikes.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/09/13 - 08:01 pm

"WHOEVER CAME UP

... with the bottleneck at Bobby Jones and Deans Bridge Road ... needs to look for another job."

Doubtful; probably will be promoted and given a bonus. See, it looks like that area is bustling with traffic.

Mr. Potemkin, phone home.

Jake
Jake 02/09/13 - 09:31 pm

Langford

I went there from 1963 until 1964 when I was in the 8th grade. Colonel Hines was the principal and he was so old that I think he served in the Confederate army. He used to blow into the microphone when he would make an announcement on the speakers, "May I have your attention, please".
I didn't like Langford at first because those of us from Sue Reynolds (rural school) were thrown in with the likes of those from Copeland (upper middle class). But it did us good to be with another segment of the population.
It was during history class on Friday, Nov 22, 1963 that Col Hines turned on the loudspeakers without blowing in them and had the radio informing us of JFK's assassination. Mrs Hatcher, our history teacher, was perturbed about the interruption and told us to quit listening to the announcement and continue with our study of history. All the while when one of the most important historical moments of the 20th century was happening.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/09/13 - 11:35 pm

Pepsi

Don't rant, just don't buy Pepsi products if you don't like what they do.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/09/13 - 11:39 pm

Langford

I had to pull a drunk girl's car out of the woods in front of Langford in about 1973. That girl was my girlfriend at the time. I was following her to be sure she was OK and she just decided to make a left turn in front of Langford. There was a patch of woods between developed property at the time.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/10/13 - 12:34 am

Where Are They Now?

Where is she now, IAD?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 01:15 am

She is director of Radiology

She is director of Radiology at a prominent NC hospital.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/13 - 01:19 am

OBAMA LIED ABOUT ACTIONS DURING BENGHAZI ATTACK

Sorry for those caps, I copied/pasted.

I would like to ask the Democrat apologist one question... Was there ever an obvios coverup of an embassy attack during the Bush years? NO?, well then, sit down, shut your pie hole and quit trying to make chicken salad out of chicken mess.

KSL
KSL 02/10/13 - 02:59 am

AGREE, its.

AGREE, its.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:13 am

Sheriff wants to protect the schools...

PHOENIX — The self-proclaimed "America's Toughest Sheriff" joined forces this weekend with action movie star Steven Seagal to train volunteer armed posse members to defend Phoenix-area schools against gunmen.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced the controversial plan in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting that left 27 people dead, including the gunman and 20 first-graders.

The exercise took place Saturday at a closed school site in suburban Fountain Hills, outside Phoenix, where sheriff's SWAT members acted as shooters and teenagers played the part of students during mock scenarios involving up to three gunmen.

Seagal, best known for his roles in movies such as "Above the Law" and "Under Siege," planned to lead training on hand-to-hand defense tactics, among other techniques, drawing from his expertise in martial arts, according to a sheriff's office news release.

Arpaio's office didn't respond to requests for comment Friday and Saturday, and Seagal representatives also did not return telephone messages from The Associated Press.

When faced with criticism in January about the school posse plan, Arpaio snapped back, "Why would people complain about my posse being in front of schools to act as prevention?"

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/10/13 - 08:15 am

The Benghazi cover-up

The Benghazi cover-up by the administration and media before the election is such an extreme occurrence, I believe historians will be writing about the deception for decades. It had a direct effect on the election. Why Romney never hit Obama hard during the debates with it is beyond me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/10/13 - 08:16 am

Where's Sylvia today? I'm

Where's Sylvia today? I'm worried about her. Someone check and see if her newspaper is still in the yard.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:34 am

She is director of Radiology at a prominent NC hospital.

Well now...that drinking didn't dim her brain cells....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:38 am

The rant said...

Beyonce is a beautiful woman...she can sing & she is easy to look at....no I didn't like the halftime show but I generally like her.....if ball players can get millions....golf-baseball-football...& they do....she deserves her pay too...imho..

The woman is a powerhouse & has been working since childhood.....seems to be very intelligent.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:43 am

Why is it..

Why is it that some think the rich should take care of all the poor in the world....like the rant about Beyonce...the woman works like crazy....seldom is idle....doesn't have bunches of younuns she can't afford...has made everyone in her family millionaires.....but yet, some want more-more-more .....
Haiti has been in the same slot since I can remember...it still is a 3rd world country....all the $$$ in the world hasn't helped...now has it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:46 am

Christie & Arpaio

They can take a licking & keep on ticking.....I really like them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/10/13 - 08:50 am

SeenIt, what's the scoop on

SeenIt, what's the scoop on Sylvia missing today?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:50 am

Do you know what made this country great

Only the strong survived.....some will jump on my case for that..but hey...go for it...
All through the ages the strong in America reproduced & the country was stronger for that...but now the weakest among us are changing that status ....& we see the results everday....if it continues we will collapse....probably not in my time but soon....also we had duels in the past & that took out a few crazies too....the question is...Should we have them again?? :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 08:52 am

hahah

River said....

SeenIt, what's the scoop on Sylvia missing today?

Let me look in my crystal ball my sweetness & see what it sez...it sez she will come back when she is good & ready....maybe she wants a raise too....she deserves it! LOL

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/10/13 - 08:58 am

Potemkin, Potemkin, Potemkin

Dstewartsr has added to our list of Potemkin things in Richmond County since the Chronicle used the word the other day in the editorial. I called the TEE Center, the Potemkin Center. I like that interchange at Dean's Bridge being called a Potemkin Interchange. The border with Mexico is secured with a Potemkin Fence, I read years ago. What else? Our Augusta Legal Department is a Potemkin Law office? Potemkin Mayor? GRU a Potemkin name?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/10/13 - 09:08 am

Good Morning "Happy" America

Yes RM, lets not forget our Potemkin Hammer & Sickle man!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 09:17 am

Spreads to over here

If this kind of thinking comes to the south...we will be in a heap of trouble.....we will have some fighting GOOINNNG OOON!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/10/13 - 09:19 am

As

a NRA, USCCA and GGO member, I feel unhappy that I was not able to attend the Gun Rally support yesterday. Unplanned circumstances prevented me from doing so.

If the gun ban is implemented, just say good-by to our great and free America.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/10/13 - 09:20 am

CGee said, "Yes RM, lets not

CGee said, "Yes RM, lets not forget our Potemkin Hammer & Sickle man!"

Hang on a second, CG. He be the real deal Hammer and Sickle man...nothing Potemkin about him.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 09:21 am

Unloaded & in the trunk??

Yeh...right...I know a crook will wait til you get the dang thing out & load the sucker....what nonesense....BUT this crazy thinking spreads like wildfire......they make you think you can have a gun when in the real world it is the opposite...
Hey ..try telling the punks to keep their unloaded guns in the dang trunk...GEEZ

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/10/13 - 09:31 am

Isn't Being Intelligent Great?

"You know that these assualt weapons can shoot down airplanes, they can blow up railroads. This is really a whole national security issue," Rev. Jackson said in a recent interview on Fox News. Blow up railroads? What in the world is he basing that claim on?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/10/13 - 09:34 am

RM

Thanks for correcting me.....you are right.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 09:44 am

Jesse Jackson Jr

Cgee did you know he may go to jail...it seems he was able to buy a Rolex for $40,00 for a "special" friend while working in congress.....but that wasn't the only thing he did, they say......I will try to find the article....no dang wonder he got sick....I bet his Mrs was on his tail...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/13 - 09:48 am

Let me see now

So far I have been called a fear mongerer & now called a racist (today)....& the day has only begun...hey Sean....can I get extra bennies for stirring??

I guess the gun control crowd will wake up soon & I will get a few more names ......ooohh the joy of posting here....hahahhaahhehh ooh boy...it really rejuvenates me...makes me feel special!!!