Rants & Raves

I DREAD THE Super Bowl every year. When it is over that means there are no good sports until spring training. Basketball and hockey are lame, lame, lame.

YAY FOR FOX getting rid of Sarah Palin. Now to get Bristol and baby daddy off, too. Then we can start evicting the Kardashians from TV, and news media and clean up the atmosphere and morals more.

THIS IS A RAVE for the person who found my car keys at Augusta Mall. Thank you so much and God bless you.

I FOUND IT ODD THAT President Obama referenced Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his inauguration address. King was a Republican; he was against abortion; he was pro-Constitution; and he believed in personal responsibility for actions. Obama isn’t like King in any of these areas.

PEOPLE WHO GET welfare and other free services should be asked to clean up paper and other trash in the streets. I hope 15th Street is cleaned up before the Masters because it looks terrible.

I WAS TROUBLED when I heard that Beyonce was lip-syncing. They ought to make it illegal or at least let the people know that you are lip-synching.

THE COMMERCIAL says there is a gun and knife show … in downtown Augusta. I don’t understand. What is wrong with this picture?

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE that Sloane Stephens beat Serena Williams. Especially because of her attitude on the court because of a missed play. It is time our young people quit looking to people like that and look to parents as role models instead of these stars that have nasty attitudes.

MICHELLE OBAMA looked beautiful. I don’t care for the bangs, but her fashions are absolutely beautiful and she wears them a little bit below the knee, as women should. I don’t like the knee showing.

AS I WATCHED THE inauguration speech, I kept thinking, “Where is our nation going, and why are we in this handbasket?”

JAN. 21 MARKED the official death of objective, unbiased journalism. The reporters from the mainline media giggled and blabbered like a bunch of tweens at a Bieber concert while covering the inauguration.

RANT TO LOWELL Greenbaum for again craftily pointing the finger of shame so richly deserved by self-serving Democrats for adding billions of unrelated, pork-filled dollars to the Hurricane Sandy rescue bill at Republicans for rejecting it, accusing them of insensitivity. Politics, far and away, outstrips prostitution for the most odious profession award, and Democrats are best at it.

MARK IT DOWN: When a Democrat uses the phrase “common sense solutions,” the solutions offered will not make any sense.

OBAMACARE IS GOING to get really bad.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 01:19 pm
Maria Sheffield is good, but

Maria Sheffield is good, but it's quite a step up for her after losing the Congressional race. It may come down to Handel against Broun. Wouldn't it be something if Lee Anderson would run again?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 02/05/13 - 01:52 pm
OC....

I hope you stay...well thought out comments and arguments!!

KSL
KSL 02/05/13 - 02:44 pm
OC

I do too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 04:15 pm
Really, I am curious what the

Really, I am curious what the FCC rules are for obscenities. Isn't cursing on the radio, grounds for major fines or loss of license?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 04:21 pm
Seven Words

No, RM, it's only those seven words made famous in a comedy monologue by George Carlin. Austin avoids those.

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 04:49 pm
Last Rant..."OBAMACARE IS GOING to get really bad."

People don't realize just how bad.

Somebody once said something like 'nothing is so expensive as that which is free.'

"Free healthcare" for all is going to ruin many peoples' lives.

The American voters were warned, but re-elected him anyway.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 04:51 pm
I'm learning lots today.

I'm learning lots today. There are only 7 words that are obscene and personel hearings can only be held about someone who has a defined days, weeks, months, years of time on the job. Glad I learned whom I should pick on.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 05:27 pm
WGAC Obscenities

But back to the words said yesterday on the air on WGAC when THAT person lost it on serveral occasions and if the words were not obscenities? They sure sounded like them to me. Is it okay to say certain words? I don't know? What will the penalty be for these obscenities if any? Maybe Austin can comment?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 05:41 pm
Learning

I learned how to spell 'pavilion' today, RM.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 05:48 pm
LL said, "I learned how to

LL said, "I learned how to spell 'pavilion' today, RM.

I still refuse to believe that's right. It just doesn't look right. If you ever see me spell it right you know I've used a spell check and don't really believe it.

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 02/05/13 - 06:14 pm
Anyone writing a letter to

Anyone writing a letter to WGAC Management complaining about Austin Rhodes is totally wasting their time. The BBC, they LIKE him, they LOVE him, they can't get enough of him.

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 02/05/13 - 05:53 pm
River, I have no idea what a

River, I have no idea what a BAP is, but don't explain it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 05:53 pm
The support of some people

The support of some people isn't that important. Dogs barking in the wind blowing the other way.

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 02/05/13 - 05:54 pm
Two LL's, it's true...only

Two LL's, it's true...only one in pavilion.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:00 pm
Willow said, "Anyone writing

Willow said, "Anyone writing a letter to WGAC Management complaining about Austin Rhodes is totally wasting their time. "

I agree if any obscenities were aired, the proper protest would be with the FCC.

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 02/05/13 - 06:01 pm
River, I think that's a very

River, I think that's a very true statement and never has it been more true, than here. However, I don't think it really applies to the owners at WGAC and I'm sure you don't seriously either.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:05 pm
I really don't care who the

I really don't care who the complaints apply to. Not my problem. I only know that obscenity complaints such as I heard should be given to the FCC. Beats me about the owners and whether they want to hear them or not. That's up to them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:31 pm
IDubs

=

rebellious
rebellious 02/05/13 - 07:17 pm
Willow

Play Sherades with me.....
3 words
first word sounds like witch

Second word = another name for a donkey

third word - Punk

rebellious
rebellious 02/05/13 - 07:23 pm
Covered

You all have covered the R&Rs well today!

Open Curtian, say it ain't so

River - nothing short of being caught with a dead girl or a live boy will change that 3 hour slot on the radio. Not outside the realm of possibility, though.

Could Cobalt George and Open Curtain be the same person? They never seem to post at the same time and alternate "resigning" from these pages.

Seenit - Thanks for the tell tell signs of oldness. I already wear my trousers without a belt about one day a week cause I have already walked downstairs from the bedroom before realizing I forgot it

As for Shrimp's promise yesterday....bet he had his fingers crossed when he typed that.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/05/13 - 07:28 pm
B-A-P as described by

B-A-P as described by Rebellious is not considered obscene anymore. There is very little that you can't get by with these days; variations of eff and #2 body function being a couple of exceptions.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 02/05/13 - 07:30 pm
1 of 2 last comments and I am out of here.

1st of all I won't lie ...

I CALLED WGAC yesterday and asked to speak with the station manager
but he and the program director were both out. So I asked the secretary to ask Austin to ease up, I had kids in the house.

I also said I felt he was out of line and if he could not control himself I could call the FCC next. Within 8 mins Austin comes back from break and repeats the phrase yet again then remarks about caring less about my call.

Austin lost it, he went over the top, and the caller won, it is that simple.
Not because the caller was, far from it, because Austin blew a fuse and failed to make proper decorum amends, that is what we will remember.

If only Austin had the Grace and finesse of Harley Drew, or the late great Buddy Carr, Candy Karmical, Jimmy J. or even Steve York, he might go state or national.

Right after his blown fuse, I am sure 1 or 2 advertisers are wondering if they this type outburst associated with their products or company reputation in the near future and upcoming Masters Promo's

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 08:31 pm
"Willow....Play Sherades with me..."

Careful, Willow.

You cant be sure if he means charades, or some variation of doctor. :)

KSL
KSL 02/05/13 - 07:53 pm
Open Curtain

Please no. I have learned so much from you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 08:04 pm
Rebel sez....

Just don't let those pants hit the ground reb...we don't want any more love objects on here yahear.....might have to come up with another name forya.....Lordy mercy.....goodnight all......:):):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 08:08 pm
open curtain

Think think think B4 you jump...

Cgee is right ...it will hurt...

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/05/13 - 08:14 pm
Obama plans to regulate and

Obama plans to regulate and ban some guns. Yet we see his drones have killed hundreds of innocent children in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Now we see his justification for murdering more American citizens without due process. You happen to know a terrorist-bye,bye. So the question is:WHO WILL REGULATE OR BAN OBAMA???????

gargoyle
gargoyle 02/05/13 - 08:28 pm
Who else covers local issues

Who else covers local issues on the radio?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 02/05/13 - 08:47 pm
KSL tkank you for the prefect intro to my last posting

Lessons Learned Posting and Readung the Augusta Chronicle.

Sean is balanced,He hates all comments that violate his EULA.

The posters are divided into 4 basic camps:

The Blind to Facts Left Wing

Those Blind that some movement left of Right Wing is needed from time to time

Those that love to shake up a hornets nest and watch the results.

Those that just love exchanging view points.

Some people when faced with facts that conflict with their beliefs, attack the commenter.

Some people look for a name and vote it up or down without reading.

Most People cannot be swayed no matter what the facts say.

Logic has little to do with viewpoints.

Abortion supporters and GOD Believers are seldom in the same political camp.

Liberals love to use children to guilt trip people into agreeing or being quiet.

The typical progression of scandals. Deny everything, blame the press, shoot the messenger, discredit the source, admit to a much lesser charge or that it was someone else.

If your candidate is the person accused of the scandal, deny it and accuse the other persons candidate of greater scandles.

A person can be pro-abortion but can go ballistic if a child is killed to support other agendas.

Government has mastered the Demand the Mile, get and inch
then later go back for more inches, until they get their original demand over generations.

We will never see a balanced budget in Washington DC. It cuts out too many votes for each party and $$$ their kick backs.

Neither Political Party represents any voter 100%, it is more like 70%. An Voters are willing to put up with a the bad to get some good.

There are some people that want everything, but just do not want to work for it. These same people think it is justified to take $$$ from people that earned it , so they can have. At the street level this is called Robbery, that the Government level it is called taxes and redistribution of wealth.

There some people that believe that blacks can't be racist, and some believe that black only events is just another form of racism.

Some believe that the civil rights movement has been highjacked for greed, power, personal fame, and political gain. Some people can't wait to protest and demand more.

Many minorities have forgotten that Democrats they support, just 40 years ago were calling for the use of dogs, fire hoses,shotguns and lynchings.

Some Right Wing people forgot that Liberal ideas against a king are what started our great nation.

Some liberals have forgotten that Morals have justified reasons in any society. Without morals some people just around killing people.

There are kooks on both sides of the aisle and each side has its share.

Socialism without understanding business and human nature is a disease.

Capitalism without social responsibility is a breeding ground for revolt.

Government feeds off people and will only grow bigger without voter intervention.

Even a paranoid is right sooner or later.

Trusting Government to do the right thing is believing the yahoo you help get elected is honest and looking after you.

Change can be good, bad or neutral, Too much change too quickly is seldom accepted quietly or willingly.

Newsprint is on the way out of style and has become cost and environmentally unjustified.

We are called middle class because both end of the economic spectrum come to us to support their wants and demands.

As long as the middle class is divided between 2 parties we are screwed.

If you divided up all the wealth in the USA equally ,a small group would have the money and power again in a few generations. Because not everyone is truly equal or as savvy as each other.

Face it some people are sharper tacks, but some people are dull witted as moss have learned to be chameleons and say the right things to get supported.

No one likes being lied to but, they'll never admit if it is their political party.

It is easier to blame others and past elected officials than it is to truly fix what you said you would do if elected.

Democrats and Republicans have common ground. America and proud of it.

Socialists and far left liberal feel America is to blame for everything and it must be taken down and rebuilt their way.

America gets into too many wars and should be providing a common DEFENSE and Well Being of the USA, not every country.

War is big $$$ business for both parties.

To everyone and including the AC staff it has bee fun, but now I must give some much needed attention to upcoming family events.

SEAN, if you read this far... Thank you,

Considering the topics we covered, I believe only had 4 or 5 abuse letters. Was very understanding on your behalf.