Rants & Raves

I DREAD THE Super Bowl every year. When it is over that means there are no good sports until spring training. Basketball and hockey are lame, lame, lame.

YAY FOR FOX getting rid of Sarah Palin. Now to get Bristol and baby daddy off, too. Then we can start evicting the Kardashians from TV, and news media and clean up the atmosphere and morals more.

THIS IS A RAVE for the person who found my car keys at Augusta Mall. Thank you so much and God bless you.

I FOUND IT ODD THAT President Obama referenced Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his inauguration address. King was a Republican; he was against abortion; he was pro-Constitution; and he believed in personal responsibility for actions. Obama isn’t like King in any of these areas.

PEOPLE WHO GET welfare and other free services should be asked to clean up paper and other trash in the streets. I hope 15th Street is cleaned up before the Masters because it looks terrible.

I WAS TROUBLED when I heard that Beyonce was lip-syncing. They ought to make it illegal or at least let the people know that you are lip-synching.

THE COMMERCIAL says there is a gun and knife show … in downtown Augusta. I don’t understand. What is wrong with this picture?

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE that Sloane Stephens beat Serena Williams. Especially because of her attitude on the court because of a missed play. It is time our young people quit looking to people like that and look to parents as role models instead of these stars that have nasty attitudes.

MICHELLE OBAMA looked beautiful. I don’t care for the bangs, but her fashions are absolutely beautiful and she wears them a little bit below the knee, as women should. I don’t like the knee showing.

AS I WATCHED THE inauguration speech, I kept thinking, “Where is our nation going, and why are we in this handbasket?”

JAN. 21 MARKED the official death of objective, unbiased journalism. The reporters from the mainline media giggled and blabbered like a bunch of tweens at a Bieber concert while covering the inauguration.

RANT TO LOWELL Greenbaum for again craftily pointing the finger of shame so richly deserved by self-serving Democrats for adding billions of unrelated, pork-filled dollars to the Hurricane Sandy rescue bill at Republicans for rejecting it, accusing them of insensitivity. Politics, far and away, outstrips prostitution for the most odious profession award, and Democrats are best at it.

MARK IT DOWN: When a Democrat uses the phrase “common sense solutions,” the solutions offered will not make any sense.

OBAMACARE IS GOING to get really bad.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 02/05/13 - 08:53 am
Why I worry about the Obama Adminstration Agenda

Obamacare, Gun control, Hidden Taxes, talk of a changes to allow a 3rd term, Constitutional bypasses using executive orders, Amnesty just before the election, bailouts of Union Operated corporations & etc...

NOW
we have Emails that were released under court order, between the OBAMA DOJ & the Southern Poverty Law Center and the NAACP. As many have noted in the past few years, both groups have taken to labeling organizations with conservative views on social issues as ‘hate groups’. Now their emails show to what extend they have been working to circumvent the laws and US Constitution.

---------------------------------------

What happen to them being 501c groups?

---------------------------------------

NOT MY WORDS
Their own EMAIL's clearly show them to be working closely with the Obama Administration and the OBAMA DOJ officials to discredit any opposing views that the Obama Admin does not support.

The SPLC & NAACP have in fact have become Obama approved attack groups against Conservatives and morality based groups.

Even previously court ordered released DOJ documents have shown the Obama Justice Department has worked with other Anti-conservative interest groups in the past to push their social agendas.

Those court ordered released documents show that the DOJ was directly collaborating with the NAACP in 2009 to dismiss the Justice Department case of the voter intimidation lawsuit filed against the New Black Panther Party. The Department of Justice was also found to be working with the ACORN-connected Project Vote prior the 2012 election.

America Got what it voted for.
Now our only hope of balance is the continued control of the House and a balance in the Senate to avoid a super majority by the Liberal Socialists.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 08:51 am
So tell me

Where did everybody go. I have no one to post with.
Maybe Sean will post with me. Oh that's right I hit the ignore button on him.
I'm Kidding, I'm Kidding Sean Please don't send me an abuse warning!

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 02/05/13 - 08:54 am
Shrimp I am here today

But it will be my last day posting in the AC.

-----
JJGS

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 09:04 am
Radio

Riverman posted:

But, wow, did anyone hear [Austin Rhodes] yesterday? I thought they had FCC profanity regulations?

Are you referring to the ugly names he called Brother Garcia?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 09:11 am
Curtains?

Is it curtains for Open Curtain? I hope not. You are very insightful, and I have learned much from your posts. It was good to meet you at the barbeque last November. See if you can negotiate a lower on-line rate with the Chronicle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Your list above of Obama's agenda is a start, but it's far from complete. One biggie you forgot was global warming. I heard his plans for bigger-than-ever carbon taxes on NPR this morning.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:13 am
Good Morning "Peaceful & Serene" America

Lets see how I compare with iaod.

1. I think life has more things to offer than Sports.

2. I suggest the first step to "clean up the atmosphere and morals more" should start at home.

3. Lets hope that WAX impression were not made on them.

4. "Obama isn't like King in any of these areas." nope, just a King SMNCICBHO, The Hammer & Sickle Man.

5. I totally agree with that one!

6. What the big deal, When the Hammer & Sickle Man speaks, he is doing nothing but lip syncing Rev. Wright.

7. "What is wrong with this picture?" It should be a daily event.

8. Agree.

9. I think she would look much better in a Burka.

10. and you didn't realize where we were going at that time? Uninformed citizen.

11. "Land Of The Walking Dead"

12. The Liberals will always make good use of a Bad situation.

13. “common sense solutions,” That no longer exist!

14. "Going To get bad"..... You do not know what getting bad is!!!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:22 am
Little Education For Today

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans. Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 237 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 77 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 48 years to get it right;
$1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 47 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 42 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 35 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

AND

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , Japan and Turkey ..And now Pakistan ........previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc, etc.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn't it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 09:27 am
Just fer yee shrimp...:)

Jokes, Funny, laughs and Quotes

Man: I lost my wife.

Inspector: What is her height?
Man: I never noticed.

Inspector: Slim or Big?
Man: Not slim,

Inspector: Colour of the eyes?
Man: Never noticed

Inspector: Colour of hair?
Man: Changes according to season.

Inspector: What was she wearing?
Man: Saree/suit. I don't remember exactly.

Inspector: Was somebody with her???
Man: Yes, my Labrador dog, Romeo, tied with a golden chain, height 30 inches, healthy, brown eyes, blackish brown hair, his left foot thumb nail is slightly broken, wearing a golden belt studded with blue balls, he likes non-veg. food, we eat together, we jog together... And the man started crying....

Inspector: Let's search for the dog first!!!

Gotta go...got fixing to do....toenails to paint---talk toya later....good am cgee...open don't leave.....you know you are bursting with info.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:28 am
Hey OC

You are beginning to sound like me. Don't do it, the withdrawal symptoms are very severe!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/05/13 - 09:31 am
CG

Straight to the point again... and good ones as usual.

carcraft
carcraft 02/05/13 - 09:40 am
Common sense solutions

I just read an article yesterday about the EPA had order refineries to use a cellulose biofuel that doesn’t exist. If the Refineries couldn’t get the fuel they had to pay a fuel credit charge to the EPA. Well a court ruled that the government could not order people to use something that don’t exist. So what does the EPA do? The EPA Demands they use more cellulose biofuel or pay more in credits. We are now with Alice in Wonderland folks and it isn’t going to get better for a long, long , time! http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/5/epas-fantasy-fuel/print/

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/05/13 - 10:01 am
No Sports???

National Signing Day is tomorrow and then the greatest saying in sports becomes reality next week. "Pitchers and catchers"!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:48 am
Has Anyone Ever Wondered

if countyman has had a post pulled????

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:55 am
You Know

a few years ago, many many of my post would fly off into the sunset and my emails would increase two-fold.

Then it dawned on me, if I posted more than one or two sentences, my brain would forget "Political Correctness"......So with one liners, I no longer (most of the time) get bit by the snake I don't see. Sean, probably is the best teacher I have ever met.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/13 - 09:58 am
What Would I Do

without my faithful TSD's. I would be around the 10,000 point range.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/05/13 - 10:08 am
OC...stick around. You are

OC...stick around. You are one of the few who actually do research and give background. We need you.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 10:43 am
LL asked, "Are you referring

LL asked, "Are you referring to the ugly names he called Brother Garcia?"

No, but it was a black guy. I forget his name. BAP were the first letters of the three words he used. Is that what you heard? I have been listening to radio a long time and never heard anything like that. He even went over it again, word for word, after someone emailed him asking about his language. It was something.

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 10:47 am
"I have always thought of her as....

....the female version of Dan Quale. She appears to be really dumb. I'm sorry but she just isn't that smart. "

Palin and Quayle are "dumb" because that's what the mainstream media and the democrat party wanted the sheep to believe. Apparently, it worked.

Would you care to match resume's with either of them? Bank balances?

How many political gaffs has Obama made? Many more than either of the two "dumb" people you mentioned, but still he's considered brilliant by the democrats and the press.

So who's really "dumb?"

BTW, Dan "Quale" is smart enough to spell his name "Quayle" unlike some who claim he's "dumb." Silly, isn't it?

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 10:51 am
OC....

Add me to the list of folks who hope you decide to stay around. You have a lot to say and you say it very well.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 11:03 am
Brother Garcia

RM, "Brother Garcia" is the radio moniker of a black guy who has been calling Austin Rhodes for years. He tries to get under Austin's skin, and apparently he did, because yesterday it was an E-mail from Brother Garcia alleging that he (Brother Garcia) had been banned from gaining air access to Austin's show that led Austin into his namecalling. Austin mentioned that he couldn't remember telling his screeners not to let Brother Garcia on the air, but Austin acknowledged that it was a possibility.

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 11:17 am
Speaking Of Austin Rhodes...

...did anybody hear the story about Sheriff Roundtree writing a letter to WGAC Management complaining about Austin's handling of the recent shooting of a suspect by one of the RCSO Deputies? I only heard a tiny part of it the other day.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 11:18 am
Very good points, Harley.

Very good points, Harley. It's all what the media decides to go with. Remember Jay Leno telling Dennis Miller he didn't like the Republicans because of their war on women? Miller laughed and said he would pay for Sandra Fluke's birthcontrol himself if people considered that a war on women.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 11:21 am
LL, yeah, I've heard Brother

LL, yeah, I've heard Brother Garcia a good many times. This was another guy. Matter of fact, someone said there was a police radio going in the background when this other guy was on and Austin went off on him.

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 11:28 am
Twelve People Died...

...in a Kansas Tornado, but here's how the brilliant one reported it.

harley_52
harley_52 02/05/13 - 11:33 am
A Busy Campaign Season.....

....for the brilliant one. Visiting LOTS of states...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/05/13 - 11:33 am
RM

AR was yelling at you? About what?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 11:34 am
I noticed the Sheriff in

I noticed the Sheriff in Alabama where the kid was held hostage in the underground bunker thanking the press for holding back on info since the crazy kidnapper had access to TV and radio.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/05/13 - 12:04 pm
Okay

Sorry, RM. I missed that portion of the program. All I heard was Austin reading Brother Garcia's e-mail. After that, the callers changed the subject to Sheriff Roundtree's public information officer policy.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 02/05/13 - 12:56 pm
CG, all good points about

CG, all good points about WalMart. However, I managed to read the Old Testament while waiting in the line on Saturday evening at BJ WalMart. The cashier actually had the nerve to say that anyone complaining should put in a job application. Why put in a job application if the manager doesn't put employees on the schedule? There were 2 20 item or less lanes and 2 regular lanes with people trying to get their Super Bowl snacks/groceries. The managers response was that she didn't make the schedule. Everyone wants to pass the buck.....but I still go back.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/05/13 - 01:00 pm
Who can beat Broun?

I would vote for Barrow before I would Broun. I hope Karen Handel jumps into the fray, or even Maria Sheffield; both whom I voted for in their respective races.

I wish Newt was more viable, I would vote for him in a skinny minute.