Rants & Raves

I DREAD THE Super Bowl every year. When it is over that means there are no good sports until spring training. Basketball and hockey are lame, lame, lame.

YAY FOR FOX getting rid of Sarah Palin. Now to get Bristol and baby daddy off, too. Then we can start evicting the Kardashians from TV, and news media and clean up the atmosphere and morals more.

THIS IS A RAVE for the person who found my car keys at Augusta Mall. Thank you so much and God bless you.

I FOUND IT ODD THAT President Obama referenced Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his inauguration address. King was a Republican; he was against abortion; he was pro-Constitution; and he believed in personal responsibility for actions. Obama isn’t like King in any of these areas.

PEOPLE WHO GET welfare and other free services should be asked to clean up paper and other trash in the streets. I hope 15th Street is cleaned up before the Masters because it looks terrible.

I WAS TROUBLED when I heard that Beyonce was lip-syncing. They ought to make it illegal or at least let the people know that you are lip-synching.

THE COMMERCIAL says there is a gun and knife show … in downtown Augusta. I don’t understand. What is wrong with this picture?

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE that Sloane Stephens beat Serena Williams. Especially because of her attitude on the court because of a missed play. It is time our young people quit looking to people like that and look to parents as role models instead of these stars that have nasty attitudes.

MICHELLE OBAMA looked beautiful. I don’t care for the bangs, but her fashions are absolutely beautiful and she wears them a little bit below the knee, as women should. I don’t like the knee showing.

AS I WATCHED THE inauguration speech, I kept thinking, “Where is our nation going, and why are we in this handbasket?”

JAN. 21 MARKED the official death of objective, unbiased journalism. The reporters from the mainline media giggled and blabbered like a bunch of tweens at a Bieber concert while covering the inauguration.

RANT TO LOWELL Greenbaum for again craftily pointing the finger of shame so richly deserved by self-serving Democrats for adding billions of unrelated, pork-filled dollars to the Hurricane Sandy rescue bill at Republicans for rejecting it, accusing them of insensitivity. Politics, far and away, outstrips prostitution for the most odious profession award, and Democrats are best at it.

MARK IT DOWN: When a Democrat uses the phrase “common sense solutions,” the solutions offered will not make any sense.

OBAMACARE IS GOING to get really bad.

Comments (99)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/04/13 - 10:39 pm

#1. I will agree with you

#1. I will agree with you about roundball, and to an extent, hockey too when you are watching it on TV. You should go to 3 or 4 games live though and learn the few basic rules. It is a lot more fun when you are there in person and understand the game.

#2. I've never understood why anyone is interested in the Kardashians, the Palins, the drug head rocker -whatever his name is, etc., etc. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. And I especially have a distaste for the competions where people vote to throw somebody else under the bus. How is that fun and interesting, conniving and hurting someone else?

#3. There ARE a few good people still around. Probably more than we like to think considering the constant stream of bad news from the media.

#4. Dittos!!

#5. I don't know about picking up trash, but they should do some community service of some type if they are physically able.

#6. Who beisdes you and ACES really cares. I sure don't. If she is lip syncing her own recorded music, where is the rub? Obviously she can sing it else she couldn't have recorded it, right?

#8. Didn't know it had happened as I rarely watch tennis with all of the grunting and moaning; but I agree with you. I love seeing arrogant competitors blow up.

#9. The First Lady does not look feminine at all to me. Not her fault at all, she was just born to look gangly.

#10. I didn't watch it. I already know what the liar in chief has to say. As someone else frequently advises, watch what he DOES.

#12. AMEN brother/sister. His disingenuity knows no bounds.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/04/13 - 11:14 pm

Knees

She wears her dresses below the knees to cover up her tats. (By the way, they're in the back, in the bend of the knees and not on the kneecaps.)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 12:02 am

Fox dumping Palin

She should never have had the job in the first place.
I have always thought of her as the female version of Dan Quale.
She appears to be really dumb. I'm sorry but she just isn't that smart. She's hurt the Republican party more than helped it.
I personally think Fox hired her because she's pretty.
As far as Bristol goes her reality shows are totally gross. That hurt the Republicans too I believe.

KSL
KSL 02/05/13 - 05:29 pm

Yep, she may be dumb-----

Yep, she may be dumb----- right on the level of 0bama. He is no more intelligent, probably.

KSL
KSL 02/05/13 - 11:39 am

Interesting that the Dems

Interesting that the Dems have campaigned during the last 7 or 8 years running the smartest woman in America and the this latest presidential specimen, who won't reveal his grades.

allhans
21945
allhans 02/05/13 - 05:31 am

I can't recall the last time

I can't recall the last time I gave thought to the Palins. I think somebody just don't like women...or perhaps... NO!... Republicans.

Sarah Palin made 3 million dollars for the three years she made "contributions" to the network. Sounds smart, very smart, to me.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/05/13 - 05:49 am

Not that anyone cares, but

Not that anyone cares, but I'd have to put Michelle Obama right there next to Eleanor Roosevelt in the "Looks" department. "Big Chelle" ain't exactly Mrs. America. But my momma always told me "Looks aren't everything.".......I think she was trying to tell me something!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:03 am

So who can beat Paul Broun

So who can beat Paul Broun for the Republican nomination for the Senate? Gingrey is going to announce, too, it appears. Anybody else? It's appearing more and more like it will be Senator Paul Broun. His wife, Niki, said Augusta should do away with public transportation so I suppose they don't expect any votes from the bus riding crowd.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:04 am

hahah

Ribber said....
Hey, long as y'all have the GRAMMER correct you can say anything you want to me. :)

Austin ...did you read THAT!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:13 am

Sarah Palin

Have you ever made millions just spitting out a few words......crazy like a fox..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:12 am

Rant says...

I hope 15th Street is cleaned up before the Masters because it looks terrible.

B4 the Masters Augusta will shine like a dime....don't worry honeybunch....if we had these same guys running Augusta all year long...heck..you would think you were in Hollywood..they could probably control what we say on here----if they wanted ...heh:)

But NOT River & Rebel though.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:16 am

How do you know you are getting old??

When it takes 2 hours to make a 45 minute trip......fergitting important stuff can be a real pain in the behind......that going back to retrieve belongings can get tiresome....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:25 am

Old is when...

OLD" IS WHEN...Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Honey, I can't do both!"

"OLD" IS WHEN...Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

"OLD" IS WHEN...A sexy babe catches your fancy and your pacemaker opens the garage door.

"OLD" IS WHEN...You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

"OLD" IS WHEN...You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of the police.

"OLD" IS WHEN..."Getting a little action" means you don't need to take any fiber today.

"OLD" IS WHEN... "Getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 06:25 am

Palin ain't dumb when it comes to money

JohnMcCain taps her to be his running mate and after the election he went back to the senate and she went on to rake in the cash. Hey I'm happy for her. She made the most of it.

Now when it comes to Honey Boo Boo...I think this family is dumber than dirt. This child is going to grow up very unhealthy. I can't believe her parents give her a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew to keep her energy up. Give that girl some healty food please! She's going to grow up to weigh 300 pounds and I believe that is a conservative estimate.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:25 am

Oh, I KNEW someone would pick

Oh, I KNEW someone would pick up on the GRAMMER remark. Austin's ratings would drop off if he didn't have me to holler at. But, wow, did anyone hear him yesterday? I thought they had FCC profanity regulations? How did he get away with that? I'm jealous. I want to curse a little on here, too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:27 am

Shrimp, when talking about

Shrimp, when talking about Honey Boo Boo, don't use the word conservative in any way. I'd say she's going to weigh 300 lbs like her mother and that's being LIBERAL.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 06:29 am

How is everyone this AM, Seenit River. Hey River...

My wife and I are going to Charleston this weekend. NO KIDS!!! We're staying in the Ashley House which is all condo's now.
When I was a kid my friend and I would get our hair cut at a barber shop this guy ran on the first floor. His magazine collection included Penthouse and Playboy! The Holy Grail for 13 year old kids!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:32 am

shrimp..?

Why are you watching honey boo boo?? Such a waste of brain cells....now jest turn that ole dial to the Dynasty Ducks & watch some reel funny stuff...you could learn to clean frogs....hunt all kinds of critters....& lol a lot!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/13 - 06:33 am

"His magazine collection

"His magazine collection included Penthouse and Playboy! The Holy Grail for 13 year old kids!"

Ha...It reminds me of a line in The Last Starfighter....."Yolanda Baby."

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:38 am

A loooong day

Yesterday was a very loooonnng day for me....we had to return to the house to retrieve things at least twice....soo today I'm going to pamper myself...turn off the cell so he can't call .....soak my toes in sweet smelling liquid......have a massage on parts of body....drink some powerful driks....etc etc

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:43 am

If you live long enough you will get this!!

hahahha

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:50 am

Ain't nuthin wrong

Please--please get over the notion we will get the guns from thugs.....it won't happen.....they will always have them......we will be the honest butts without the guns.....when does a thug ever go to the police station & say....
"hey look....I have these guns & drugs at my house & I really don't want them .......could someone just take the dang things & put them in a safe place"........Dream on baby....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 06:56 am

and shrimp...

Your post to Sean was a masterpiece.....the man knows us through through....so it is best to just cut your losses & hope for the best...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/05/13 - 07:18 am

Just saw a video of a fight

Just saw a video of a fight between teen girls at the mall. When the video was shown to the parents the parents response was "Where is security?"

Shouldn't the parents response have been something along the lines of "Where is my belt?"

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 07:31 am

Honey Boo Boo

I only watched it once. It made me gag. I hope the rest of the country doesn't think we're all Honey Boo Boos
I rather them think we were more along the lines of Jeff Foxworthy. Now that is one funny guy!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/05/13 - 07:32 am

My honey made an excellent point...

"I wonder if Obama got the memo that they used guns"... in reference to the rescue of the 5 y/o boy in Alabama.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/13 - 07:54 am

RKIll

Your honey makes a lot of excellent points...here--there & ebbywhere....not to mention her sense of humor....think I might ck it right here & right now,..:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 08:30 am

Seenit

Did you ever hear Foxworthy's take on his colonoscopy?
Hilarious!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/13 - 08:36 am

Tell Me

What's the big deal with the superbowl blackout in New Orleans?

I've had a blackout in New Orleans too.

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.