Rants & Raves

DON’T BLAME the paper mill or anything else on the south side for the horrible odor in Augusta. That stench is coming from the Marble Palace in downtown.

A RAVE for Quayshawn at the Church’s Chicken on Laney-Walker. She always has the hottest and juiciest chicken and I never have to wait for it. She keeps that place running.

RANTS TO THESE elected officials that are trying to further erode our Second Amendment rights. The Second Amend­ment was not intended to protect hunting rights. It is there to ensure we the people have the capability to resist a tyrannical government.

AT LEAST ONE thing’s for certain if the 22nd Amendment is changed: Barack Obama will have to beat Bill Clinton before he can serve a third term.

TO THE PEOPLE who think Augusta is all bad, this is what you do: move out or don’t come here. That will fix your problem.

HILLARY CLINTON claimed she assumed responsibility for everything that happened in Benghazi by then assuming no responsibility. And Americans accept such blatant lies. No wonder we’re sinking fast.

WHO ARE YOU ARMING yourselves against? If the “government” wanted to take your weapons, they have that Army that less than 1 percent of us have ever served in.

OUR NATION’S founders are being recast as racist, sexist, rich slave owners when in reality they were the greatest collection of thinkers and humanists in the same place at the same time in world history, and the republic they left us is the best that has ever existed. Honestly, do you really believe Obama, Biden, Boehner, Reed, Pelosi and the rest of today’s geniuses are gonna leave us and, more importantly, our children’s children with a better nation?

PLEASE SPARE US from having to look at photos of Alvin Mason and Marion Williams in the newspaper. I wish the local stations would stop showing them on TV.

INSTEAD OF BUILDING a bridge connecting two buildings, wouldn’t it be smarter to have a pedestrian bridge connecting us to North Augusta, especially with the new stadium?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 06:52 pm
Rebel...:)

said....
At SeenitB4.....who done weeweed in yore cornflakes, Suga?

In the last weeks I have had a few...don't do this & don't do that.....RM was nice enough to correct one of the posters.....I have put some on ignore but the helpful thing would be to also have a block feature....in that way they wouldn't have to read anything because it wouldn't be available.....& I also was in Augusta from the womb til ny 40s....it is my home...but I do feel I can lighten my posts somewhat......& like I said ...I will try......I truly feel Rtree will do his best .....& I am not getting on his case again unless he really messes up..his grammar is the least of my concern....keep my family safe.....seeyall in am...

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 06:53 pm
Hey, long as y'all have the

Hey, long as y'all have the GRAMMER correct you can say anything you want to me. :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 06:58 pm
Hey, all of y'all stop

Hey, all of y'all stop apologizing for this and that. Shrimp sounded like the guy the morning after the party who put a lampshade on his head. Y'all quit sucking up to Sean, too. He needs something to do. Not that I'm telling you what to do :).

rebellious
20641
rebellious 02/04/13 - 06:58 pm
Beware

Ole man Ribber will getcha. And my Diddy said Grammer was always correct, no matta what she said.

harley_52
harley_52 02/04/13 - 07:13 pm
I Wish I Still Had...

...my Grammer around. She was quite a lady.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/04/13 - 07:14 pm
haha, River, you know the

haha, River, you know the funny thing about honesty is people don't know what to do with it!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 07:17 pm
I'm not saying another word

I'm not saying another word about Grammer. I knows y'all lubs her. Dang, I can never see a certain name again without thinking about "grammer."

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 07:21 pm
Willow, I mean today sounded like a

I mean today sounded like a 12 Step program with one apology after another and thanking the powers that be. Just drink the liquor, man up and say the heck with anyone who doesn't like what you do.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/04/13 - 07:37 pm
"Rebel...:) said.... At

"Rebel...:)

said....
At SeenitB4.....who done weeweed in yore cornflakes, Suga?"

Must have been the guy who peed in the mixing bowl....watch out SeenitB4 :)

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 02/04/13 - 07:51 pm
I won't argue with you County...

The south side doesn't get squat...I don't care where the commissioners live the old money is spent downtown. South Augusta gets a small bone but a tax bonus to go along with it. West augusta has nowhere near the residents of South Augusta and you are the one that always tells us about how lucky we should feel to get fast food joints. Pick your side and stick to it.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/04/13 - 08:02 pm
ICL, I was nowhere near that

ICL, I was nowhere near that mixing bowl, but I'm not saying anything about any cornflakes:)

KSL
KSL 02/04/13 - 09:28 pm
And noooooo

I was not suggesting that he should have cleaned the bowl. LOL

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/05/13 - 12:07 am
haha, KSL, no more mixing

haha, KSL, no more mixing bowls for me.