Rants & Raves

DON’T BLAME the paper mill or anything else on the south side for the horrible odor in Augusta. That stench is coming from the Marble Palace in downtown.

A RAVE for Quayshawn at the Church’s Chicken on Laney-Walker. She always has the hottest and juiciest chicken and I never have to wait for it. She keeps that place running.

RANTS TO THESE elected officials that are trying to further erode our Second Amendment rights. The Second Amend­ment was not intended to protect hunting rights. It is there to ensure we the people have the capability to resist a tyrannical government.

AT LEAST ONE thing’s for certain if the 22nd Amendment is changed: Barack Obama will have to beat Bill Clinton before he can serve a third term.

TO THE PEOPLE who think Augusta is all bad, this is what you do: move out or don’t come here. That will fix your problem.

HILLARY CLINTON claimed she assumed responsibility for everything that happened in Benghazi by then assuming no responsibility. And Americans accept such blatant lies. No wonder we’re sinking fast.

WHO ARE YOU ARMING yourselves against? If the “government” wanted to take your weapons, they have that Army that less than 1 percent of us have ever served in.

OUR NATION’S founders are being recast as racist, sexist, rich slave owners when in reality they were the greatest collection of thinkers and humanists in the same place at the same time in world history, and the republic they left us is the best that has ever existed. Honestly, do you really believe Obama, Biden, Boehner, Reed, Pelosi and the rest of today’s geniuses are gonna leave us and, more importantly, our children’s children with a better nation?

PLEASE SPARE US from having to look at photos of Alvin Mason and Marion Williams in the newspaper. I wish the local stations would stop showing them on TV.

INSTEAD OF BUILDING a bridge connecting two buildings, wouldn’t it be smarter to have a pedestrian bridge connecting us to North Augusta, especially with the new stadium?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/03/13 - 09:14 pm
Move away from Augusta?

Already have. We moved to ColCo 25 years ago to escape Augusta.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/03/13 - 09:18 pm
Arming againsts the gov't?

Do you think the military would move against the citizens fighting tyranny? That only happens in China and Russia. I'm not particular concerned about that possibility, but I do value my right to arm myself should I so desire.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/03/13 - 09:19 pm
Last one

I don't think North Augusta wants any part of a pedestrian bridge to give Augusta hoodlums easy access.

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 02/04/13 - 12:48 am
itsanotherday102/03/13 -

itsanotherday102/03/13 - 08:18 pm "Do you think the military would move against the citizens fighting tyranny? That only happens in China and Russia."
Apparently didn't get a public school education. Refer to "Whiskey Rebellion" and Years 1861-1862.

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 02/04/13 - 12:51 am
#9 "Black is Beautiful" ain't

#9 "Black is Beautiful" ain't it?

countyman
20627
countyman 02/04/13 - 01:05 am
The facts don't lie!

The hoodlums who live on Bradleyville rd already have easy access to North Augusta.... Those citizens are North Augusta residents, and went to North Augusta schools.

The hoodlums in Richmond County sure don't stop the property values in West Augusta, Summerville, CBD, Forest Hillls, etc from being much higher than North Augusta.

#9...Please don't believe the hype, because certain people love to bash Augusta. The total cost of 'Project Jackson' is $165 million, and over $40 million will have to come from public funds.

The Starbucks plant(GA deal of the year) in South Augusta is $172 million in private funds by itself. I wanted the project on the GA side too, but student dorms/performing arts center/research building will have a much greater impact on downtown Augusta. I would expect for the performing arts center and research building to cost around $100 million each. That's already $200 million, and we haven't even mentioned the student dorms.

dwb619
dwb619 02/04/13 - 12:58 am
County

How about you just worry about Augusta, and we'll worry about North Augusta.
Okay?

countyman
20627
countyman 02/04/13 - 01:20 am
Metro Augusta and CSRA

According to the companies, developers, etc looking at the area they only see 'Augusta'. It's only the same few people on the Chronicle who get caught up in the county versus county debate. I blame the media, because they always try to put Columbia County right next to Richmond County in different articles. Columbia County is clearly the suburban county(single family homes, no urban core, big box stores, etc) and the companies/industry/shopping/etc is located in Richmond County. The funny thing is Aiken County is the second largest county in terms of population.

I also find it kind of ironic, and quite hilarious how nobody can ever mention Aiken or Columbia Countyies. People who live outside of Richmond County continously make all types of comments every single day concerning the government, crime, schools, neighborhoods, etc.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/04/13 - 08:01 am
Ok, subject change. Who

Ok, subject change. Who enjoyed the halftime show last night?
Personnally I thought it was more suited to the 500 block of Broad St than prime time tv. And people wonder why we have so many 14 year olds having children and going on the government dole and a high crime rate!

rebellious
rebellious 02/04/13 - 08:42 am
#2 - I love me some Church's

#2 - I love me some Church's chicken. And Bojangles and Popeye's and KFC and Wifesaver and...........

#3, #4 and #7 - The camel's nose and ears are under the tent. The Supreme Court has become complicit in the erosion of the Constitution as evidenced by their ruling on the Health Care penalty/tax.

#5 – Be careful what you wish for. The Exodus has been happening for 15 years and is one of the reasons we have the Sheriff we have. Some carp on Augusta because they decided to stay and hate to see the continued decline. Some complain because they have a bitterness after feeling they had to move. Better to complain and shed a light on problems than turn a blind eye as they grow.

#6 – 51% of Americans are accepting these blatant lies. The other 49%, not so much….

#8 – It is called revisionist history.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:10 am
Lights went out in Ga

Nahhh...just the SuperBowl....then it heated up......didn't really get interesting til the end....imo

Hello coldbeer...I like Beyonce but the half time show lacked something.....sometimes I see the same rock/roll jive dance.....nothing new....but I want country anyway....now Toby Keith could have ROCKED the place..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:19 am
Hello hot shot (Rebel) :)

Rebel....my dear.... my friend....it will be a loooong time B4 you see a white man as Sheriff in Richmond county....again..........I hope we will say one day...Wow,, Rtree did a fantastic job....really...I do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:17 am
Just wondering

I wonder if the Ducks from dynasty put the lights out....you know how clever they are...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:32 am
Ditto

and to think they were growing hemp all of that time they were thinking!!
Jefferson was one smart dude....imo.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 02/04/13 - 08:52 am
To put a Liberal continuously

To put a Liberal continuously presented error to rest.

The false claim that less than 1 percent of us have ever served in the US Military.

Just counting Veterans as of Sept. 30, 2012 the number stood at 22.7 Million.

SEE:

The Veteran population data for Georgia as of 9/30/2012 is: 776,205

Even those 70+% or more Disabled, exceed the erroneous 1% figure. Vet's with 70% or disability rating number over 3.5 million.

OH But we have not even counted those currently serving which is:
Active Duty: 1,456,862.
Reserves: 1,458,500

So using the official FED GOV numbers showing Served and Serving we have 24,000,000+ out of the 120,022,084 (age 18–49 MALE & FEMALE 2010 est.) able to join and serve. about 21.4% have served, or are currently serving (VA, DOD, etc..) that are able to serve.

Now if you want to bring out the Children, & the AARP, and those that can't serve and use them in that number....... the percentage drops to around 11+%.

Still 10x more than the false fact.

Either way I hope this lays to rest once and for all the Bull Feces Fact that less than 1% have served.

rebellious
rebellious 02/04/13 - 08:47 am
Seenit

I have the same hopes for R'tree. But we all know, based on qualifications in the door, he wasn't the best candidate. We do all know that, right? I mean, I know it's not PC to say it, but we all know that, right!

And he already deserves a raise, I have read. When the city workers raise was striken from the budget, give one to the new Sheriff. Would that cause backlash from the group of ministers.....Prolly not.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:48 am
justthefacts
justthefacts 02/04/13 - 09:06 am
CBBP

It's not Hollywood's moral decay causing teenagers to have babies, its because of religious people. The extreme right wing will not allow them sex education. Therefore teenagers today don't know where babies come from. Plus, right wingers refuse to hand out birth control pills on Holloween instead of candy to the little buggers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 08:55 am
Rebel...

You know I wanted Freddie....the best man for the job....but I'm facing the facts as they are today....crime in certain parts of Atlanta & Augusta are out of bounds IMHO.....if Tree has some tricks up his sleeve..(I hope he does) we might see a complete turn around....if he can relate to the youngsters he may be able to reach the minds & souls ......we certainly need some new tricks...the ole tricks aren't working...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 09:03 am
About the raises

I think they all deserve a raise....Columbia county--Richmond county ....any & all working in the Sheriffs Dept.....we beech & complain about crime but turn around & pay these men/women peanuts to do a thankless job...

It would be an easy decision for me ...New building or raises..??

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/04/13 - 09:14 am
Building or Raises

It is an easy decision for Fred (What, me worry?) Russell, also. Give him a building every time. He wants a cool $30 million to renovate the Marble Palace.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 09:21 am
Roundtree and the Greenberg Example

Look up Rueben Greenberg, a black man, whom the city of Charleston hired to be police chief and how well he performed by doing much the same things Roundtree is starting now. He went among the crime infested black areas almost daily to communicate, encourage, collaborate with and warn about crime. He is the first one I know of to implement the community policing concept. He was very tough on crime, but the black population saw him as being fair and one of them. He was so successful in lowering the crime rates in Charleston, other cities around the nation would borrow him for extended periods to lead their law enforcement.

We have to be realists and recognize the vast majority of the crime is committed by blacks and occurs in their neighborhoods. A black person leading law enforcement adds a positive dynamic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 09:25 am
Augusta Not All Bad, Just Half Bad

To the ranter who says if we think Augusta is all bad to stay out, I only think it's half bad so I'll continue to visit about half the time to work and keep commenting.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/04/13 - 09:25 am
Raise Request

Did Reuben Greenberg ask for a raise less than a month after taking office?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 09:27 am
Worth repeating on here

Media Policies

posted by another poster...rtte

Having read the media policy on Austin’s Facebook page and having read the policy of Columbia County’s Sheriff Clay Whittle, there was little if any difference in the policies. Although I have not read the one from ACSO, they also have a PIO who is the primary go to for the media. I have not heard a single word of negativity towards either of these agencies and specifically that of CCSO that has a policy that mirrors RCSO leaving me to believe this is more personal instead of what is best for the community and agencies. And, stating the RCSO officers can’t talk to the media is completely false as I have personally seen at least 10 different deputies speaking to the news on various issues over this past month.

The media policy is almost the same.....sooo why are we making a big deal about Rtees policy........anyone?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/04/13 - 09:34 am
Thanks Sean

I had two posts pulled because I insulted someone. I was in a bad mood and Sean had every right to close my account.
Thank God he gave me another chance so Sean if you're listening I appreciate the sacomd chance. I learned my lesson. I don't know what was wrong with me that day.
I've had a host of abuse warnings and I've proptested some of them but I didn't have a leg to stand on with these two. From now on I promise to never criticize another poster.I must have been having a really bad day.
Again I apologise for my stupid angry posts. I don't know what thread it was on but Sean let me have it and he had every right to.
Now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 09:34 am
Good question, LL.

Good question, LL. I can tell you Greenberg made more than Roundtree from 2002 until his city retirement. He was being paid $129,000 salary at that time, plus drawing a state retirement at the same time. This salary back then while leading a much smaller police force than the RCSO in a much smaller population of only the city and not the entire county.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/04/13 - 09:39 am
About the Columbia County Policy

SeenIt, yeah, I know about the CC Sheriff's Office policy, too, of who speaks to the media :). It is the same as RCSO. What this is all about is someone being upset that he can't choose whom he wants to talk to. That link builds up his ego and that of the officer who is always in the media.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/04/13 - 09:39 am
Mea culpa,,,:)

Shrimp that was the best.....you are so right....we do lose it on here sometimes....hahah

We have some half-bad posters too....like the cookie..oreo....creamy on the inside ......geez I hate to leave here...but i have to check out stove tops--ranges with the downdraft......