Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOV. NATHAN DEAL’S budget allocates for everything except raises for state employees. You get higher insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles each year with no pay increases in the past six years (which) makes your wages go in reverse. Thanks, Governor, for placing state employees who are attempting to provide for their families on the food stamp program.

A REALLY BIG RANT for the misleading, abridged comments with the slideshow on the May 11, 1970, riot. The Augusta Chronicle failed to mention that the black youth that was killed was killed by two other black youths. The FBI and Georgia follow-up investigations proved this. I know; I guarded them at RYDC, where they joked about it.

THE PRESIDENT SAYS he is committed to a balanced approach to cutting the $16.4 trillion national debt. So far his only approach is to tax the rich, which is a miniscule amount compared to the debt. When is he going to get serious and include spending cuts and entitlement reform?

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA has never prepared a budget and has no intention of ever presenting one to Congress, why do we need the Office of Management and Budget? What do those people do all day? Shouldn’t that entire agency be abolished?

DID THE REV. LUIS Leon his inauguration prayer, say “do unto others” came from the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.? King got it from Jesus.

THANK YOU FOR THE editorial “Drowning out the Doubt.” This was not just about a football game, but was a great lesson about life. Everybody should read it. I have cut it out for my grandchildren to read, especially the ones who are college bound. Keep up the good editorial work in your paper. Thank you.

RANT FOR THE LITTLE blue car that ran over my mailbox on Fairbluff Road. Thanks for nothing. I am 66 years old and disabled. I’ll try to get another one up somehow.

RAVE FOR WALTER Williams’ column about the breakdown of customs, traditions and moral values in this country. It is this kind of violence that is accepted everywhere in our society. That is the cause of our problems, not selling guns.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK Miss Jennifer and Miss Christine at Serenity for helping me while I was there. They really put in the effort to help me find somewhere to go when I was homeless and in treatment.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/02/13 - 01:58 pm
B4!! - Hey! Loved the Queen - too cool

Speaking of queens - We will be the only country in the world that has a lesbian president!

corgimom
corgimom 02/02/13 - 03:52 pm
Yeah, when Congress fights

Yeah, when Congress fights and fights and fights and won't pass tax legislation until January 3, the budget can't get done on time.

That would be the Republican and Democrats in Congress, I might add.

So if anyone wants to assign blame, call your Senator and Congressperson. Tell them to stop fighting and start compromising.

corgimom
corgimom 02/02/13 - 03:55 pm
But Obama has never prepared

But Obama has never prepared a budget? Who would think that?

griff6035
griff6035 02/02/13 - 04:18 pm
Super Bowl

I will pull for Niners, but Joe Flacco is the better Quarter Back and Ravens should win by seven.

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/13 - 04:23 pm
What lesbian president? Lilly

What lesbian president? Lilly are you sure about that? How would you know? Hillary did a great job as Secretary of State.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 04:35 pm
harley, I agree with your

harley, I agree with your 3:27, whatever you said:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/02/13 - 04:35 pm
Happy

Well, Bill didn't want her or she wouldn't give out. The middle east is on fire!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 04:38 pm
Yes, happy, could we have

Yes, happy, could we have three examples of the great job Hillary did as Secretary of State?

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/02/13 - 04:42 pm
If Marco Rubio has a sex

If Marco Rubio has a sex change operation then he will be the first hispanic female president. Hillary wouldn't be able to defeat him..... her.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 04:42 pm
One or even a half of one?

One or even a half of one?

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/13 - 04:46 pm
Willow only 3? Now you are

Willow only 3? Now you are making me laugh. I suppose you think you could have done a better job. Bill and Hillary are married. Their relationship is their business. they both say their marriage is solid. no matter how strange anyone thinks their marrige is, it is theirs.

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/13 - 04:49 pm
and you should know by now

and you should know by now that I am not getting into a deep political discussion with you or anyone else. Hillary's record speaks for itself.

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/13 - 05:07 pm
Today trashing Hillary.

Today trashing Hillary. Tomorrow it will be praise the Lord.Those 2 things don't go together.You can't have it both ways.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 05:20 pm
Who can't have it both ways,

Who can't have it both ways, happy? You brought up Hillary Clinton had done "a great job as Secretary of State". I asked you for examples. Instead of supplying them, you get personal with me and used the marriage as a shield for your argument.

If you don't want to discuss and debate politics, why do you bring it up so often? It's not fair to do so and then get angry when someone takes the discussion bait.

Being a Christian doesn't mean we check our brains or our rights at anyone's door. Surely, you can discuss the things that you bring up without getting personal and angry about it. We can disagree can't we? If not, why bring it up in the first place?

And now I feel like praising God. Thank you God, Hillary's position is over. Please help the next person bring some sanity into the middle east and truth to the American people. And blessings on happychimer. Amen.

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/13 - 05:22 pm
Well I can post something if

Well I can post something if I want to. I wanted to say Hillary did a great job as secretary of state, and I said it. You sound like you had a problem with that.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 05:27 pm
I don't have any problem with

I don't have any problem with it happy and I don't have any problem with you. I just asked for some examples of what was great.
Enjoy your day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/02/13 - 06:45 pm
Happy, You Could Never Be More Correct!

Hillary's record speaks for itself.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/13 - 06:53 pm
"harley, I agree with your 3:27, whatever you said:)"

Careful, Willow...that could be very dangerous. :)

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 07:04 pm
On several levels, harley:)

On several levels, harley:)

Sweet son
Sweet son 02/03/13 - 03:12 pm
@CobaltGeorge

This is a very late comment and probably won't be seen but I very much disagree with you and Happy about Hillary's record. She might have done a good job but to get in bed with her Boss and lie to the American public about Benghazi cancelled anything that could be considered good!