Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOV. NATHAN DEAL’S budget allocates for everything except raises for state employees. You get higher insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles each year with no pay increases in the past six years (which) makes your wages go in reverse. Thanks, Governor, for placing state employees who are attempting to provide for their families on the food stamp program.

A REALLY BIG RANT for the misleading, abridged comments with the slideshow on the May 11, 1970, riot. The Augusta Chronicle failed to mention that the black youth that was killed was killed by two other black youths. The FBI and Georgia follow-up investigations proved this. I know; I guarded them at RYDC, where they joked about it.

THE PRESIDENT SAYS he is committed to a balanced approach to cutting the $16.4 trillion national debt. So far his only approach is to tax the rich, which is a miniscule amount compared to the debt. When is he going to get serious and include spending cuts and entitlement reform?

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA has never prepared a budget and has no intention of ever presenting one to Congress, why do we need the Office of Management and Budget? What do those people do all day? Shouldn’t that entire agency be abolished?

DID THE REV. LUIS Leon his inauguration prayer, say “do unto others” came from the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.? King got it from Jesus.

THANK YOU FOR THE editorial “Drowning out the Doubt.” This was not just about a football game, but was a great lesson about life. Everybody should read it. I have cut it out for my grandchildren to read, especially the ones who are college bound. Keep up the good editorial work in your paper. Thank you.

RANT FOR THE LITTLE blue car that ran over my mailbox on Fairbluff Road. Thanks for nothing. I am 66 years old and disabled. I’ll try to get another one up somehow.

RAVE FOR WALTER Williams’ column about the breakdown of customs, traditions and moral values in this country. It is this kind of violence that is accepted everywhere in our society. That is the cause of our problems, not selling guns.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK Miss Jennifer and Miss Christine at Serenity for helping me while I was there. They really put in the effort to help me find somewhere to go when I was homeless and in treatment.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/01/13 - 06:57 pm
"The AC failed to mention

... that the black youth that was killed was killed by two other black youths."

And this surprises you . . . why? We should be able to find comfort that the AC didn't splice the story like MSNBC does to convey the opposite of the truth.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/01/13 - 06:59 pm
"RAVE FOR WALTER Williams’ column..."

Yeah, good column; suppose as many are denouncing him as a racist. Don't laugh; I have heard it said in conversation.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 02/01/13 - 07:03 pm
The budget is being balanced.

I had a co-worker who would arrive late every morning and leave early to make up for it; the boss let her get away with it. The Obamessiah's balancing the budget is spending more and finding new ways to give it away then borrowing to make up the difference. And his bosses are not only letting him get away with it, they're vilifying anyone who objects.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 08:13 am
Obama's Budget Didn't Get Single Vote

Obama has submitted budgets every year, but he has often missed the deadline. This year the White House has reported they will be late again. But get this…Last year’s budget was defeated by unanimous vote in the House and even in the Democratic controlled Senate. History will not be kind to this president. He has no idea how to control spending and refuses to even try. If the Republican controlled House was neglecting its responsibilities as the Senate and President are the NY Times would be bursting into flames from the hot words being printed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 08:15 am
Little Blue Car

If that 66 year old guy ever finds that little blue car that ran over his mail box, I hope it’s the right one. He's ticked.

justthefacts
20327
justthefacts 02/02/13 - 09:04 am
Too cold

It needs to be April already!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/02/13 - 09:23 am
Hillary

Should have been fired and they are celebrating the outstanding job she did!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 09:26 am
49ers by 10.

49ers by 10.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 09:27 am
Lilly, what does it matter

Lilly, what does it matter now? Heh.

justthefacts
20327
justthefacts 02/02/13 - 09:33 am
49ers

You been right all year. Hope Ray Lewis doesn't take it out on some poor dude on the street like the last time he lost a SB.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/02/13 - 09:37 am
RM

Now introducing the next President of the United States - please, God - NO!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 09:45 am
Hillary...Unfortunately

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about Hillary in 4 years. If you think she looks and acts bad now imagine how she will look and act after being in office 8 years starting 4 years from now. That's going to be scary.

justthefacts
20327
justthefacts 02/02/13 - 09:46 am
On a positive note

At least with Hilary we would have a Presidents with some nads.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 02/02/13 - 09:48 am
JTF

hahahaha

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 09:50 am
JTF, Ray Lewis, leaves dead

JTF, Ray Lewis, leaves dead bodies behind like Tony Soprano. My reason for picking the 49ers by that many is Colin Kaepernick. He will show us his amazing skills. It's all about him.

justthefacts
20327
justthefacts 02/02/13 - 09:55 am
Super Bowl

We'll see. Can't argue. With the Falcon's disgusting demise, I really don't care. Can't shake the disappointment. I will enjoy the food and beverages for the 1st half and then head home. Unfortunately, the NFL refuses to start the game earlier or better yet move it to Saturday. Makes Monday morning tough.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/13 - 10:00 am
Super Bowl

Knock on wood...as of now, I have nothing for Monday. I read Super Bowl Sunday is the day the second most food of the year is consumed. Thanksgiving is first. I have no doubt the most alcohol is also drank on SB Sunday.

justthefacts
20327
justthefacts 02/02/13 - 10:13 am
Frozen tundra

Balls, golf balls that is, are going to be hard this morning. See ya.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/02/13 - 10:36 am
Did you read how Obama is

Did you read how Obama is telling Washington that 2013 could be a stellar economic year if you just stay out of his way. So now instead of the 6 trillion in nat. debt increase as his Whitehouse site originially post he will likely increase 8-10 trillion more. With a 60% popularity, a news media like Pravda, and an impotent GOP I predict he will have his way, but this time when the Dems pass a law they don't read they will discover Obama will have made himself dictator. Sadly most people will likely be happy with the end of that pesky ole constitution and end of freedom and will just love being told how to live and what to do. Just need to call him Hugo. Gosh I can hear Satchmo singin' What a wonderful world. Get that tingly feelin' runnin' up my leg. Long live the king. Hail Caesar!

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 02/02/13 - 10:31 am
JTF, put a sleave or two on

JTF, put a sleave or two on the dashboard of your car near the defroster on the drive out. Then put them in your pocket. Make sure to change balls at every tee box to keep them warm. Adds about 20 yards on cold days.

Jane18
Jane18 02/02/13 - 10:34 am
Fundamentally Change.....

At least once a week, I remind people and ask them, what part of "fundamentally change", did they not understand when they heard it??

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/02/13 - 10:38 am
So two up and one down. Does

So two up and one down. Does that mean that 2 agree and are happy Obama will be dictator or 2 disagree and hope he won't????? Tell me how I'm wrong.

Jane18
Jane18 02/02/13 - 10:38 am
R & R's #1

...and I would ask this person, just what makes you think you are any better than the rest of us? If you think you are the only one that is having it hard, think again!

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/02/13 - 11:04 am
"Obama will have made himself

"Obama will have made himself dictator"

First he has to disarm the insurrectionists.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/02/13 - 11:17 am
The only upside to Hillary

The only upside to Hillary becoming Madam President in 2016, is having Bill as "First Lady". Can you imagine how he will spend his days? Hillary could end up incarcerated over it via the family violence act.

KSL
KSL 02/02/13 - 11:33 am
I gave you an up, Biz

Because I agree with you.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/02/13 - 12:08 pm
KSL That's because your

KSL That's because your aren't one of the "ignorant" masses.
Good breeding and education I wager. hee,hee,hee.

Sweet son
Sweet son 02/02/13 - 12:20 pm
Seenit!

Where are you?? I have to have my dose of you everyday!! LOL!

OH, George is missing too!

corgimom
corgimom 02/02/13 - 12:22 pm
My husband works for a

My husband works for a private employer. Our health insurance has gone up every year, our copays have gone up every year, he has had little to no raises.

And we are very grateful that he has a job and that we have health insurance. I was injured last year and needed surgery, and all of a sudden our premiums and copays looked very cheap.

We know many people that are out of work or underemployed and who don't have health insurance. I suggest that anyone that doesn't understand that times are very hard, and that anyone that is working and has health insurance who doesn't feel fortunate and that thinks that they are being mistreated, go find another job. Nobody will stop them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/13 - 12:33 pm
Here is my dose for ya baby!!♥

OOOh Riverman ..ya better "git" back over there on that other story....you left a pile of wrecking cars bumping into each other giving their version....hahahahha....
The truth shall set us free.....what a day I have....loveya sweetson....gotta ck with business right here...making $$$..seeeya