Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE ONLY THING columnist Michelle Malkin showcases in her articles are the many reasons so many people like and support President Obama. Her articles are meant to demean the president’s efforts, but she actually does the opposite.

I WOULD LIKE to commend the North Augusta planners for the job done on West Avenue. Those freshly painted white curbs reveal the degree of planning. Every new curb has been totally dogged by motorists ruining tires on them. All are “tire rub black” now, just weeks after completion.

WHEN SECONDS count, and help is only minutes away, teachers need to be armed.

MARION WILLIAMS is back on the Augusta Commission and causing trouble as usual.

AT THE PRESIDENT’S news conference, while obsessing about the banning of guns, he missed a golden opportunity to address the underlying causes of those horrible massacres which occurred over recent years. He barely mentioned mental illness.

UNEMPLOYMENT IS the same today as it was when Obama was sworn in four years ago. I guess there is no “hope that it will change.”

YES, CONTINUE TO blame the president for all of your issues. Don’t blame the 535 congressmen that you put there to represent your interests. We all know that one person is more powerful than 535. It’s like blaming the CEO of a bank instead of placing the blame where it truly belongs; the owners.

RAVE FOR BARBIE at O’Charley’s in west Augusta. Best server in Augusta, and we eat out a lot. Next time there, ask for her. You’ll see.

TO THE MISGUIDED ranter about the Paine College gym being expensive: Any building nowadays is expensive and not just because of the economy. But its classrooms and the space for multiuse for even non-athletic events, such as the upcoming Paine College Gala in February, that’s a wise investment.

AS AN ALUMNUS of ASU, I can tell you that I will think more than twice about putting any money into Georgia Regents University. I can’t tell what Azziz will use the money for.

NO CRIMINAL INTENT found in wrong-way crash? Are you kidding me? This woman had every opportunity to pull over, turn around and avoid what happened.

harley_52
harley_52 01/30/13 - 01:41 pm
Corgimom...

...appears to believe the level of background scrutiny is the same for any private citizen as it is for someone seeking the office of President.

I can see why. Apparently that belief is shared by the mainstream media, though this is the first time I can remember anybody holding that view.

Ask George W. Bush...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/30/13 - 02:23 pm
The President would NEVER be

The President would NEVER be able to receive a Q level security clearance........and he can authorize the launch of nuclear weapons........go figure that out..

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/30/13 - 03:22 pm
Checkin in

Hi gang! Started my second round of chemo yesterday. So far, no side effects I can tell of. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

I would like to know how and why Columbia County decided to allow a KIA automobile dealership to locate at Gibbs and Hereford Farm Road, in the middle of residential neighborhoods? Oh...I know....someone's making a bundle!

See ya next time! Love to all!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/30/13 - 03:34 pm
It seems Israel is taking care of business

BEIRUT — Syrian state TV has confirmed that Israeli warplanes bombed a military research center northwest of the capital, Damascus.

U.S. and regional security officials reported the strike Wednesday but did not say where it took place.

State TV says the strike targeted a military research center in the area of Jermana.

It says the strike caused material damage and the center was used to advance Syrian military capabilities.

Didn't need our help....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/30/13 - 03:35 pm
I wish

They would also take care of Iran & N Korea....

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/30/13 - 03:40 pm
@ Sarge

Good to hear from you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/30/13 - 03:45 pm
sarge

I'm happy to......just like Sean.....funny he never says that to me though...:( haha

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/30/13 - 03:57 pm
It really has been raining here

So far we haven't had much wind...thank goodness..

it’s raining so hard
looks like it’s gonna rain all night
this is the time
I’d love to holding you tight
But I guess I’ll have to accept
The fact that you’re not here
I wish the night would hurry up and end,
My dear

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/30/13 - 04:06 pm
@ seenit

You too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/30/13 - 04:10 pm
woow

My day is complete now.....♥

happychimer
19565
happychimer 01/30/13 - 04:27 pm
The usual hate Obama going on

The usual hate Obama going on here. sick! I'm out of here

harley_52
harley_52 01/30/13 - 05:03 pm
Hi Sarge...

Great to see you. Best of luck on the treatments. Hope to see you back full time soon.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/30/13 - 05:12 pm
Michelle Malkin

I am thankful for columnists like Michelle Malkin. Without people like her I would think there was little hope left for the United States of America and our Constitution.

KSL
KSL 01/30/13 - 07:05 pm
Sarge

You were inquired about just yesterday, I believe, on a relocated old private site.

KSL
KSL 01/30/13 - 10:58 pm
Hatred for obama is not sick.

It is actually very patriotic.

Come on now. The US has a spending problem. Couldn't he have made a gesture, not spent over a million dollars, and used Go To Meeting or Skype instead of flying to Las Vegas for one speech?

Oh, I saw today where moo has dropped the Let's get moving campaign. Conservatives were complaining about hungry kids. Libs were complaining about her not going after the food industry. Poor woman can't catch a break.

KSL