Rants & Raves

KUDOS TO RICHMOND County employees Jennifer, Becky and Michelle at the Greene Street location and Debbi at the Judicial Center. We recently visited both locations, changing names on some property we own. Every one of these employees made us feel welcome, took time to explain procedures and generally left us with the feeling that our government employees care deeply about us and don’t see us as an interruption. Thank you all for making the process so enjoyable.

A RANT FOR THE Board of Health on Windsor Spring Road. I realize this is a new year. But why do they have the doors open at noon if the nurses and everyone are gone to lunch? My daughter and I arrived at 12:06 p.m. and sat there in the lobby until 1 p.m. just trying to obtain information about out-of-country immunizations. At 1 p.m. we were directed to the other location. I guess the trip wasn’t all bad; the police officer and the lady at window 1 were real helpful. Thanks

INSTEAD OF MOVING the GreenJackets to North Augusta, can we just send Deke Copenhaver across the river instead? He’s been a major disappointment as mayor.

HATS OFF TO THE MACH Academy! You are to be admired for what your students are achieving in this learning environment!

WITH PAINE COLLEGE being private, how can they be eligible to receive money from the special purpose local option sales tax fund toward the construction of the new Health Education Activities Learning Complex?

JOHN BOEHNER SEEMS seems to be severely challenged lately. Maybe the new Republicans can get it straight this time. I wish them the best.

CONSERVATIVES IN THE U.S. Congress are badly in need of a Winston Churchill to take the lead in the battle against the Democratic Marxists. Instead, we get Neville Chamberlain.

DON’T BLAME, BUT praise the Augusta Commission for not
OK’ing a new ballpark on top of the TEE and parking deck. There is not enough money for priority items now. Let’s get some roads fixed, give the employees some raises. Then, when the millionaires can come together to flow in money, we can pay for luxuries.

THANKS FOR THE update on Five Guys for the south side! What other restaurants are out there? Maybe I can visit that side of the city again.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 05:22 pm
Don't forget....Peninsular

Don't forget....Peninsular Grill & Magnolia's...Charleston.

It's not the Circle K in Appling, CG, but I still think your wife will like it.

Jake
Jake 01/29/13 - 05:23 pm
Appling

I wasn't "cutting down" Appling. I like Appling a lot. I wish there were more places in Appling to walk around in and I love the old court house. I know it is a distance for some to travel but a nice restaurant that is open just a few nights a week would be great there. Does anyone remember "The Plum" (Plum Branch) and "Clarks Mill Pond Restaurant" (Wrens)? They were only open a few nights a week but the food and locale were very memorable and made for a great evening.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 05:24 pm
How 'bout if I use a horse

How 'bout if I use a horse whip on you?

Jake
Jake 01/29/13 - 05:29 pm
OK.....

......and wear your black leather boots?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/29/13 - 05:31 pm
Willow, how bout if I just

Willow, how bout if I just spank you? Harder and harder? Faster and faster? Thermostat all the way up?

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 05:56 pm
LOL, I'm sure I deserve a

LOL, I'm sure I deserve a good one, but, sorry, nobody spanks me. I'm mean and sassy and I'll shoot ya!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 05:57 pm
You know the "ones", Jake:)

You know the "ones", Jake:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/29/13 - 06:35 pm
JTF

I got some thumbs down when I said the store that closed at the mall might be a little too "fancy" for Augusta.

Your summation about the restaurants points to exactly what I'm talking about. I don't understand it either unless places like that are a little too fancy for the CSRA.

"It is sad because as great as the CSRA is, there is no where, unless you are a member at the ACC, except maybe Craig Calvert's place, where you can go for fine dining. I don't understand that. It wasn't always like that. The Town Tavern ( people drove from Atl to eat there), The Continental, The Thunderbird, The Green Jacket ( Daniel Village, not Wash Rd.). Those were all fine restaurants. What happened? The places yo"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/29/13 - 06:37 pm
@RM

Amen brutha!

"Shoot, I wish Columbia County would give some of the restaurants to Richmond Cty. We have too many of them now. I'd trade y'all 3 restaurants for a good bar."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/29/13 - 06:40 pm
"Where in Columbia Co can you

"Where in Columbia Co can you park, walk around a downtown area and enjoy a great meal? Appling?"

Nowhere, yet..... Here's hoping though!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/29/13 - 06:51 pm
Herman Cain

I don't listen to AR anymore, so have missed the HC brouhaha. However, I will vote with AR that Herman isn't radio material. When he subbed for Neal I always turned the dial. Now that Neal is off I just listen to FM or Sirius classic rock. I like Herman's politics, and that is where he should stay.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/29/13 - 07:19 pm
Notes

Clark Hill was so cool - diving off of the decks of boats, etc and the best food I've ever eaten was from my home - my husband is a grad of GA Tech - he also served in the Navy - I skied in the Alps - and Charleston was where we took Daddy to go off to another war.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/29/13 - 07:11 pm
I'm very excited about the Farmer's Market

They will love my tomatoes grown from seeds!

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 01/29/13 - 07:12 pm
Off topic but...

...has anyone heard that Matt Aitken is wrangling to be appointed head of the DDA if Ms. Woodard leaves?.....I mean come on!!If that happens we can turn out the light on downtown!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/13 - 07:36 pm
WOW ....with this hah

how bout if I just spank you? Harder and harder? Faster and faster?

Dang---did I fall into a 50 Shades book...I thought it was the r/rs...hahahah

River I do believe you could write a great sex book.....lol

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 07:50 pm
IAD, not CC, but I like

IAD, not CC, but I like Madison. Several good restaurants and a great variety of shops in the DT and not very far.

I would really love to see the county owned property in the Towne Center developed into a litlle DT with great shops and restaurants .

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/29/13 - 07:51 pm
B4

Don't encourage him hahaha

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 07:54 pm
Also , no shops, but a

Also , no shops, but a beautiful lake setting in Lexington , the Cotton Gin is very nice

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/13 - 08:00 pm
You are right Lilly hah

I saw on the 6pm news that the old guy in Lilburn has said the driver accelerated the car toward him.....we will hear bits/pieces I'm sure.....anyway.....goodnight-sleep tight...

Darby
Darby 01/29/13 - 09:49 pm
I agree with the comments about Herman Cain.....

..... to quote a kids cartoon character, "I love him to pieces like mieces", but the guy has a radio presence that will put an insomniac to sleep.

I hope he continues to contribute to bringing America out of the doldrums, but he needs to do it in another venue.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/29/13 - 10:39 pm
I don't think he's going to

I don't think he's going to last as a talk show host on radio. I'd like to see him back in politics.

Darby
Darby 01/29/13 - 11:02 pm
Yeah, Willow...

I voted for him in the GOP Senate 2004 primaries. I'd like the chance to do it again.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/30/13 - 12:52 am
He'd be a great Senator.

He'd be a great Senator.

american rose
american rose 01/30/13 - 01:48 pm
Same R&R from Monday

When do we get an update?

american rose
american rose 02/01/13 - 09:19 am
Rants to R&R's

Back to the 28th?

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...