Rants & Raves

IN THE PHOTO OF Gretchen Caughman in the Metro section of The Chronicle, the university identification on the back wall lacked the name Augusta. It looks like to me that the con game continues! Let’s never forget that the agreement was to add Augusta to the university name.

I WILL NEVER understand how my great-grandfather lived to be 97 without all of these so-called vitamins and supplements. No flu shots, no pills; just good, clean living.

RANT TO THE the Board of Elections and The Augusta Chronicle. In Hephzibah, I saw a lady vote for herself and then said she needed to vote for her daughter, too, since she was at work. The lady said it’s OK. I know her daughter, and that lady voted twice. I complained about it then and nobody did anything about it.

RAVE FOR SHERIFF ROUNDTREE. When a new sheriff is elected, they have the right to demote or promote who they want. Each sheriff who comes in has that right.

THE REASON THE DEER population is down in recent years is the coyote population is up.

IF EVERYONE WORKED as hard as the young man advertising pizza on the corner of Alexander Drive and Washington Road on Sunday mornings, the world would be a better place!

RANT TO THE GIRL sitting at the drive-thru at Bojangles’ on Walton Way searching through your car for what looked like change to finish paying for your order. After almost 15 minutes, you finally get it paid and pull up to the exit only to sit there searching your car again for something? I had to honk at you to go, and thanks to you, got my daughter to school late! Next time, pull over! If you had been considerate and moved up so others could have gone, I’d have been happy to pay for your food!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/28/13 - 09:49 am
Lewis Grizzard

LW had an interesting "take" on chicken wings. This, of course, was long before their popularity. "Seeing all those chickens walking around the chicken yard without their wings will just break your heart!".

liann62
liann62 01/28/13 - 09:49 am
RANT TO THE GIRL sitting at the drive-thru at Bojangles’

I'm with you on that one! That is very frustrating. Sadly, though, I doubt she will ever see your rant. If she has to scrounge around her car for loose change to pay for her meal, she probably wouldn't subscribe to the paper.

Speaking of being late to school:

My pet peeve is running late taking your child to school and parents in the car line in front of you stop right at the front door when they're supposed to pull all the way up the sidewalk. We're all running late so why not pull up a few feet so at least 4-5 other kids might have a chance to get in before the bell rings?? Just be considerate. It's not that difficult!

Yes...I know...leave the house earlier. We strive for that every day but sometimes it just doesn't happen. :-(

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 09:51 am
Mornin' Y'all

I feel for the person behind the disorganized person at Bojangles.
I always get behind people at the grocery store who wait until all their groceries are bagged and ready to go before they pull out their checkbook.
I rarely use cash and the only checks I write are for bills that are mailed, I know I could do it online but I'm old fashioned. I love my DEBIT CARD so much I'd marry it if I wasn't already married!

liann62
liann62 01/28/13 - 09:52 am
seenitB4

Thank you!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/28/13 - 09:53 am
Gas Station Molasses

Just as bad as the fast food drive-thru slow pokes are the people who get out of their car to pump their gas (paying with credit cards, no less) and then when they get back into the car, they sit there for four or five minutes doing who knows what! The worst ones seem to show up at Sams Club on Bobby Jones.

Oh yeah, and how about those people who pump their gas at convenience stores and then leave their car sitting at the pump when they go inside to buy their cigarettes and lottery tickets?!?! That's annoying.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 09:53 am
JTF

I loved Lewis Grizzard....funny southern humor...can't beat it....esp about the dog at UGA.....lol

Miss him & Conway Twitty....sigh....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 09:53 am
Good to see the usual suspects here.

So how is the flock doing today?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 09:54 am
Hey Seenit

How ya been doin?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 09:57 am
shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 09:59 am
LW

That guy kept me in stiches!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 10:00 am
Hiya shrimp

This flock has to flock away....list of work today.....not a happy camper....had to get my posts in early.....hope I didn't make cgee mad giving him a downer....he neednt worry he has all of us beat with points.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 10:01 am
hahah

Soonny--Bubba & junebugg johnson ...names of ole Grizzard talking about southerners

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 10:03 am
Does this happen to anyone else

You're in the grocery store and if there was only one other person shopping they would be right in front of what you need to get.
Just last week I was in Bi-Lo about 7am getting about 5 items. The store had about 10 people shopping max yet I couldn't get to anything I needed. I know It's not all about me. I am patient but dang! Ya gotta just laugh sometimes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 10:07 am
liann

You must be a very smart woman....we need more smarts on here..join us sometimes...we don't bite.....well some of us won't bite..lol

Watch out for riverman & harley though.....tell you later why....hahah

gotta get busy...dang dang dang seeyall

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/28/13 - 10:13 am
Jane reached 10,000 WOO HOO!!!

I probably won't get there until 2015. I don't even know how the points system works but then again I don't know how alot of things work.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/28/13 - 10:29 am
Pizza Guy

I really admire the work ethic of the Pizza Guy and the Fried Chicken Girl. It is a mindless, boring job; but they do it with enthusiasm because they would rather be doing that than sitting on their rumps. 99.9% of those on the dole wouldn't do that job at the point of a gun.

My hat is off to both of them!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/28/13 - 10:34 am
Drive through peeves

1. A car load at the drive through and the driver has to relay every order with individual customizations, one item at the time.
2. At the drive through ordering for the office.
3. At the drive through and can't make up their mind. What? You don't know what McDonald's serves?
4. At the drive through and changes order or orders extra at the pick up window.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 11:08 am
Lawmaker says asking for rape...duhhh

LONDON -- A British lawmaker's suggestion that young women who wear high heels and short skirts put themselves at greater risk of rape has drawn widespread condemnation.

"If you are blind drunk and wearing those clothes how able are you to get away?" Conservative Party lawmaker Richard Graham, of Gloucester, was quoted as saying by his local newspaper, The Citizen.

Anti-rape activists said Graham's comments smacked of blaming rape victims for having been assaulted.

But Graham said in a blog post Saturday that his interview "in no way intimates ANY excuse for predatory behavior."

In further comments to The Citizen, Graham said, "Risk management is a million miles from saying anything like `she was asking for it.'"

Graham could not be reached for comment Sunday.

Now what would a man have to wear .........just wondering....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/13 - 11:09 am
I have always heard this..

The shorter the skirt the better the economy..

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/28/13 - 11:12 am
5. Takes a couple bites out

5. Takes a couple bites out of their burger and sends it back in for another one...several times.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/28/13 - 11:17 am
Hope

I'm safe cause I wear boots

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/28/13 - 11:38 am
Way, Wayyyyyy Off Topic....

Just wondering why the AC has NOT covered the Fox Creek H.S., Beauty Pageant at the Imperial Theatre, last Saturday nite......

soapy_725
soapy_725 01/30/13 - 10:38 am
PROCTER & GAMBLE

PROCTER & GAMBLE, PROCTER & GAMBLE. Fifty years and the AC, TV and general public cannot spell PROCTER, not PROCTOR. A proctor is a person who mediates between debates or discussions.

Not only are we losing the "manufacturing jobs", but also the many on site contractors, temps and administrative assistant jobs who work at these plants. Probably as many as one to one full time employee to contractor.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/13 - 03:02 pm
All this talk about rape

All this talk about rape makes me want to find a village to rape and pillage.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/28/13 - 03:09 pm
I wear my runnin' shoes if I

I wear my runnin' shoes if I have on a short skirt. :-)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/13 - 03:11 pm
SeenIt, about this shorter skirt and the economy

SeenIt, about this shorter the skirt the better the economy thing. I wonder how that works in Arab countries? Size of the berka? Showing more eye means the price of oil is going higher?

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/28/13 - 03:45 pm
This is my favorite R & R of

This is my favorite R & R of the day...."UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA professor Keith Poole studies congressional voting trends. He recently stated that Repub­licans are now more conservative than they’ve been in 100 years, especially in the House, which is dominated by the GOP’s “hell no caucus.” No wonder hardly anything gets done in Congress these days."

Thank you God, for the "hell no caucus". If they accomplished anymore, they'd wipe us off the earth.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/28/13 - 03:45 pm
Did anyone see Hillary and

Did anyone see Hillary and Barack smooching on 60 minutes?

It's now an official shoe-in for Secretary of State Hillary Dianne Rodham Clinton to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for being "The Greatest Obama Worshiper" after that amazing transformation of previously calling him out on everything and everyone in his life from citizenship, track record, mentors, friends, politics, ears and hair do.

Like no one remembers. Aren't they just so cool?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/28/13 - 03:50 pm
If Obama can get the Nobel

If Obama can get the Nobel Peace Prize for things he STILL HASN'T done, why not Hillary?

KSL
KSL 01/28/13 - 03:51 pm
Willow

That is exactly how I feel when I read that people want them in session more, working. I say cut their pay and retirement and limit the time on the job where they can hurt us.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...