Rants & Raves

ONE THING IS FOR sure. The president isn’t going to let a little thing called the Constitution get in the way of what he wants.

WOW, THE NUMBER of spelling and grammatical errors in the obituaries are more than a deceased person deserves. Take a moment to check these things out, funeral homes and others, before submitting them for publication.

WHY IS IT LIBERALS ARE the first to hide behind the Constitution, expand its original intent, and the first to circumvent it when they are in power and it gets in their way?

IRONY IS President Obama using $500 million more deficit dollars for a gun control ban package, knowing the taxpayers funded the assault on their constitutional rights against themselves.

PRESIDENT OBAMA AND Attorney General Eric Holder say they will not defend or enforce the Defense of Marriage Act and certain portions of immigration law because they believe it is unconstitutional. I have decided not to abide by President Obama’s executive order banning certain guns and magazines because I think it is unconstitutional. Gee! I really like how this liberalism thingy works!

A FRIEND SHOWED ME some quotes from Rev. Lowery. We shouldn’t give racists like this an open forum to express their hatred; just because he is black does not give him free rein.

A RANT TO ALL you liberals: As it turns out, the most dangerous place to be for you and your family are “Gun Free Zones” and states with the most restrictions on guns.

I’M 59. I RECEIVED my first rifle when I was 14. I’ve carried a handgun, almost daily for the past 10 years. I’ve never had a gun fire by itself.

GGpap
GGpap 01/26/13 - 09:45 pm
On fighting tyranny

I am fairly certain that the majority of the ranters (6 to be exact) today concerned about the supposed threat of Obama taking away the guns of all good Americans in the next few days; and, they battle against this "threat", this tyranny, by sitting comfortably in their homes...before their computers...and bluster, scream, and piddle off their fears in the cyber world of anonymity. My, my.....

If their fear is genuine why then aren't they gathering in the hills, in the mountains and caves in order to muster up those stalwart militias the 2nd Amendment refers to and provides for the right to wage war against the tyrants?

In the comfort of my warm and dry living room I can pea and moan about the weather all day long, but, sadly it's still raining, snowing 'n blowing somewhere in America every day.......

Just saying...

GGpap

allhans
allhans 01/26/13 - 11:45 pm
I think..maybe...we still

I think..maybe...we still have the right of free speech...

Of course, that could be next.

Jake
Jake 01/27/13 - 12:35 am
Carrying

I am grateful that I (a) don't feel the NEED to carry a weapon and (b) live in fear.
If you feel the need to carry a sidearm then have at it.

GGpap
GGpap 01/27/13 - 12:44 am
I think..maybe...we still......

Yep, and that translates into the right to keep on blowin' smoke in the wind.

GGpap

carcraft
carcraft 01/27/13 - 02:15 am
When will Holder and Obama

When will Holder and Obama abide by the law (such as allowing weapons to be smuggled into Mexico allowing 300 Mexicans and one US law inforcement officer to be killed) US and international laws were broken. I guess Holder and Obama are really above the law!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/27/13 - 08:01 am
Mistakes in Obituaries

I don't think I'll mind if my obituary has grammatical mistakes and misspelled words.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/27/13 - 08:22 am
Huh?

"Authorities say a New York man who left his 1-year-old son in his car for eight hours in frigid weather only realized his mistake after a call from his wife." AP
"Gosh I know I am forgetting something, but I just can't put my finger on it."

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 08:25 am
Good Morning "Waking Up" America

My very first AS post:

"CobaltGeorge 02/23/09 - 08:09 am

Love reading about all these RIGHTS & WRONGS. I just can't wait to have the Gun and Abortion issue come into play. (Next)"

There was no doubt in my mind that this elected SMNCICBHO, The Hammer & Sickle Man was going to assualt the 2nd. It was the only way he could gain control the US of America and make it a socialist country.

My common sense at that time told me to get ready and be prepared.
My two AR-15 cost less than $850, got an AK-47 for $550 and bought an AK-74 just before the Ban was going into play for $974. Just stocked up on many thousands rounds of ammo for under $1.00 each.

Here is a recent post;

"CobaltGeorge 01/22/13 - 08:22 am

Good Morning To Those Against The USS of Obama.

WHY DO I OWN AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

For the same damn reason I used an assault weapon on a battle field. To eliminate and annihilate as many of the enemy that I could with as much fire power that was available.

Another battle field is coming, sooner than a lot of humans realize. I am prepared with many weapons, (assault, semi pistols and long sniper rifles) with thousands of rounds of ammo for each and everyone of them. My 4 remaining sons are equally armed. I may meet my Waterloo but before I do, will take with me as many of those that have supported the killing of America."

I just feel bad about all those that KNEW what was coming and waited too long to act.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 09:00 am
ONE THING IS FOR sure

Are True Americans going to allow this to happen?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/27/13 - 09:02 am
G2-your first post

That's how I feel - but what can we do? And there is talk of giving Hillary the Nobel Peace Prize - I know it doesn't mean anything anymore - but honestly - it's nuts

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 09:03 am
WOW, THE NUMBER

What do you expect with today's educated youths!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 09:04 am
WHY IS IT LIBERALS ARE

Isn't that the way a Liberals ACTS!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 09:09 am
I’M 59. I RECEIVED

You are one of the millions that have purchased a handgun that had an educated brain installed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 09:17 am
GGpap...they are doing this

Hmmmm...my friend you must not get out much....my kin in the mountains are ready for freddie....I hope THEY don't have the last laugh...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 09:23 am
Stocked --loaded-ready

I think I have said this on here B4 ggpap...many are stocked with food for months...guns-ammunition.....training & will be prepred for most anything........I mean anything!!

Yesterday GOB went to BassPro to pick up rods/reels for Junior.....while there he checked the guns...they had very few left---selling like hotcakes the man said.....no bullets either....he said maybe in a couple of months to check with him again......some may laugh & say how crazy this is....like some posters on here.....do you remember the riots my friend......it wasn't pretty......just saying.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 09:44 am
A Good Morning to you B4

I, for the life of me can't see how so many Americans do not realize or believe what is coming with the black cloud in the horizon, American bankruptcy and the actions of the Liberal mindset government.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 09:58 am
I know cgee

I was just reading about the slain officer in Aiken....& I thought about how many police officers have been killed just recently.....the thugs today have 0 fear of killing anything in their way...human life means nothing ....some even wait in ambush to kill firemen/police when they arrive on the scene.....the news media is a wonderful thing in many ways BUT I think it stirs the emotions of bended minds & only creates more craziness....we have to find a way to stem this tide......I have said in the past that the punishment should be harsh & cruel....even had posts deleted because of my wording......we have to stop making any killing glamorous...& stop saying the KILLERS name.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 09:59 am
A foolish notion

Please stop dreaming we will get the guns from THUGS..It will NEVER happen...NEVER..

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/27/13 - 10:31 am
"why then aren't they

"why then aren't they gathering in the hills, in the mountains and caves in order to muster up those stalwart militias"

First, it ain't happened YET. We are giving our legislators and courts time to do the right thing and uphold the 2nd Amendment.

Second, how do you know we aren't making preparations to resist? It always starts with individuals and small groups. You don't have to go to the mountains and form an assault force to resist. Ever heard of guerrilla warfare, the French resistance, civil disobedience, etc.? There are lots of ways to resist a tyrannical government. I assure you that any attempt at mass registration or confiscation will resisted by many in whatever ways become necessary. If you think the price of AR-15s and AKs have gone up at the dealers, you should see what an individual can get for a clean, used weapon in a private, untraceable sale since all of this started. Anyone who thinks a ban on the sale of black semi-automatic rifles and magazines will have any impact at all on anything is a fool.

The confiscation of weapons in the aftermath of Katrina has shown me that the government will use any excuse of civil unrest or natural disaster to confiscate and destroy legal, privately owned weapons and registration and bans on sales are the first step. The guns of law abiding citiznes were confiscated, and later destroyed or returned years later in rusted, unworkable condition. And the gun owners were never compensated monetarily for the value of their guns and the illegal seizures. And don't believe Joe Biden when he says "if you need a gun to protect youself, get a shotgun".....BECAUSE AFTER KATRINA THEY CONFISCATED THOSE TOO.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 10:21 am
Safe place

Please have a safe place to store your guns...esp if kids are in the house...a gun safe would help...also remember workers in your home make note of your guns & where they are kept...just saying this because my daughters guns were taken after having cleaners in her home...
The guns were in a glass gun safe....they broke the glass....most were hunting rifles & such.
They also broke down double doors in back of house...(in Harlem)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/27/13 - 10:27 am
Gun Safes

will be like ammo. We receive 4 40' containers every 3 weeks. Right now they are gone in 1 week. We can't keep a stockage of gun safes.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/27/13 - 11:40 am
Nobel Peace Prize?

The only "peace prize" that should be awarded to Hillary Clinton, should be one for living with her cheating, narcissist husband for all these years. Though, I highly doubt the arrangement was anything close to peaceful. Could you imagine her in a divorce proceeding? Wow. Bill would need a club and a helmet.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/27/13 - 11:39 am
Speaking of "gathering in

Speaking of "gathering in the hills, in the mountains and caves in order to muster up those stalwart militias". Yeah, that. What previously sounded insane is quickly swapping places with Washington.

harley_52
harley_52 01/27/13 - 11:41 am
The Clintons Won't Divorce...

...theirs is a marriage of convenience and synergy. They have too much in common and too much to lose if they divorce.

I doubt there is much turmoil at home.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/27/13 - 11:48 am
Amen to Rant 2!!!!! Have a look at the

mis spelt! words in the Iwanta, especially for :spayed," and "cemetary". Sign of educational level down here?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/27/13 - 12:19 pm
If Hillary doesn't win the

If Hillary doesn't win the Nobel Prize keep her away from the lamps.

With Dichotomy and Willow talking about us going into the hills to fight an oppressive govenment, I want y'all to know I'm with you, but I want to fill the role of a debonair spy. I'll stay in my house, sipping wine and mingling among the new Tories, the "progressives."

I see myself as a Nathan Hale, James Bond or something. I'll visit y'all in the hills every now and then with info about the Tories and their plans. When I am finally discovered and have to run away to my friends living in caves in the hills, I'll carefully pick my cave :).

harley_52
harley_52 01/27/13 - 12:38 pm
I'm Planning To....

....run the party circuit with Riverman. My cave dwelling days are over. When they finally find me out, I'll go out in a blaze of glory.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 01:04 pm
Party circuit??

Do they actually have a party circuit for Grandpas?

I can just see you two sitting in a dim bar waiting for some nice young theeeng to come in & trying to use your best pick up line....GEEZ

Anyway....that will be 2^^ we won't have to feed when times get tough...LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/13 - 01:06 pm
I'm coming Cgee & RKill

Save a place in the cave for me....I'll bring my 6 shooter & GOB....he hunts--can fish--& trap...yeehaw.

allhans
allhans 01/27/13 - 01:13 pm
Yeah..Why would we run and

Yeah..Why would we run and hide. Do like the other side, take to the streets. Make some noise.

I have yet to meet a person in the South (or elsewhere) who fought in the Civil War...(:-)