Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

NATHAN DEAL IS so over; the Board of Regents is a laughingstock. A memo to Dr. Ricardo Azziz: The bigger they think they are, the harder they fall, and I am confident you will.

PROBABLY THE MOST important school in the Richmond County system is the Alternative School at Tubman. So you put a person doing the worst job in the system to be the principal there. Put a well-qualified person at Tubman.

THANK YOU TO THE Richmond County Sheriff’s Office. My son had car problems on his way to college. Three police cars came to help. So many times people say bad things about the police but the good doesn’t get reported. I don’t know their names, but may God bless you and your families. It was a dangerous situation. Thank you.

WHY DOES IT SEEM that people always have something negative to say about someone who is working so hard to keep children together? I like Dr. Frazier. My son goes to Tubman. The structure that he puts up is great. The staffers are great teachers. Back off Dr. Frazier and let the man do his job.

IT SURE WOULD BE nice if North Augusta would put a stop light at Five Notch and Pisgah before a wreck takes place.

IF YOU COME TO MY house to retrieve my guns, you will not want to receive the part of the gun you get. It definitely won’t be the butt.

RANT TO CLEMSON: I asked a friend who is a Clemson University fan why Clemson doesn’t try to get into the SEC. He said they don’t want to play the top teams in the SEC.

ON COLUMBIA COUNTY Transit, the young people take the first seats. They won’t even move for older people or the handicapped. Some people these days have no respect.

WHY IS IT THAT Knology can cut off two stations on you and raise your bill $7? Can you explain that to me?

RAVE TO NORTH Augusta and its leaders. The river development is great. North Augusta’s business district is perpendicular to the riverfront, which does not take up valuable riverfront, while Augusta’s riverfront is nothing but old buildings. That is what hinders the Augusta side. They have stripped all the beauty and put up buildings.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/25/13 - 12:06 pm
So B4

How many martini's have you had hahaha I need to catch up!!!

harley_52
harley_52 01/25/13 - 12:08 pm
"....which creates the one-sided-boob effect."

I've seen some one sided boobs around here.

carcraft
carcraft 01/25/13 - 12:20 pm
I think Obama is a one sided

I think Obama is a one sided boob, that would be the left side! :)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/25/13 - 12:20 pm
Ha Ha Harley

And B4 - you're making me laugh too loud! I'm gonna get in trouble again hahaha -

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/25/13 - 12:25 pm
CC

Yes, that's what's wrong - left teat -
DANGER/DANGER ---- I've been thinking -----
We are now ruled by a socialist govt - what else can we expect!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/25/13 - 03:23 pm
Bill Botham on WGAC

I've been impressed by Bill Botham on WGAC radio on the business report and other places I've heard him filling in for other regulars. He has a great voice and knows local matters well. I wonder if WGAC couldn't give him an afternoon show in the 5-6 hour or so?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/25/13 - 03:35 pm
Is that you Herschel

I remember when that nut on WGAC (AR) said the first time he did coke was with his wife and I never listened to him again - talk about not tellin -

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/25/13 - 06:41 pm
Excessive drinking

would be defined as drinking to the point it affected you medically, or in cases when it materially affected your job performance (absenteeism, tardiness, etc.)

dichotomy, smokers do die younger, thus recovering fewer SS dollars, less Medicare payout, etc. However, during their working lives when an employer is involved, they are less productive on balance, and cost the companies more in health insurance costs. So do people with other unhealthy habits, which is why I envision a tiered system to reward those who save the company money.

And again, I think that is fair to the employees who are diligent about staying healthy.

Footnote: I would be one that paid higher premiums.

harley_52
harley_52 01/25/13 - 06:41 pm
Company Paid Health Insurance....

....and government paid health insurance are both a bad idea. People should pay for their own health insurance. They should consider the cost of their health care when they make their own lifestyle decisions. We don't have employer, or government, paid car insurance and shouldn't have health insurance paid by others either.

Yes, the transition would be difficult, but it's the only way you'll ever get a handle on health care costs because as long as people are spending somebody else's money, they couldn't care less what it costs.

single parent
single parent 01/25/13 - 08:55 pm
Real Bright

I miss Rasiling being in Augusta and the one time it will be here, it is on SUPERBOWL NIGHT! WOW!

KSL
KSL 01/25/13 - 09:06 pm
Itsanother

My dad was a heavy smoker. It started during Ww2 while he was on a tanker on the Pacific. He actually stopped smoking years before he died. Who is to say the fumes were not the ultimate cause?

Your point system does not work. It does not take into consideration other health habits.

KSL
KSL 01/25/13 - 09:27 pm
Harley is so right

You want people to be healthy, make them pay if they aren't. We used to have to do that.We who had medical savings accounts did exactlythatand we shopped providers.But Democrats hated that because we were self sufficient. We were individuals who did not go along and were willing to pay our own way

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/26/13 - 01:49 pm
Ksl, It does work because

Ksl, It does work because your risk factors are measured and weighed. There is no way to say with surety that someone with high cholesterol and 30 lbs overweight will have a heart attack, but they are statistically more likely to.

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...