Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IN THE PAST DECADE, 3,300 babies have been murdered by abortion while 321 children have been murdered by someone using a semi-automatic rifle. When are we going to ban abortion?

AS A WOMAN, I KNOW I’m no physical match for most attackers; with my revolver, I am. Tell you what: When Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer hand in their carry permits and dismiss their security details, I’ll hand it over.

THE NEW HONDAS that the RCSD motorcycle patrol is using don’t sound like motorcycles. They sound like George Jetson’s jet car!

IF I WERE CONSIDERING moving to the Augusta area, I could simply pick up a copy of The Chronicle and read the Rants & Raves. I would quickly reconsider. After reading only a few entries I could safely assume that Augusta has the dumbest people on the planet. Good lord. People write about things without one second of research. Wow!

TO PARAPHRASE Yosemite Sam, “Augusta commissioners is so stupid.”

OBAMA AND HIS GANG weren’t worried about gun control during “Fast and Furious.” I guess one border patrolman’s life is not worth worrying about.

RAVE TO THE man who is challenging Grovetown for charging him with a firearms violation because he test-fired a BB gun in his back yard. I hope you demand, not ask for, demand a jury trial and don’t leave it up to a judge. You should have asked for a search warrant because a badge does not give anyone a right to be armed and force you into your own house. I hope The Augusta Chronicle would print this, but y’all are on the same side as the Gestapo police so you probably won’t.

A MUCH DESERVED RAVE for Gail and her group at Doctors Hospital MRI facility. She was so kind to me when I was in terrible pain before my MRI. As it turns out I will have spine surgery. I have dealt with her in the past and she remembered me. She is a superb nurse.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 01/23/13 - 06:35 pm
3,300 Abortions in a decade?

Ridiculous. According to the Guttmacher Institute, there were 1.21 MILLION abortions performed in the United States in 2008, the most recent year for which data is available. This amounts to 3,322 abortions per DAY.

The second figure is erroneous as well; if you are using the government statistics, gangbangers up to age 26 are considered 'children' for reporting purposes. And while there is a category for crime victims of 'Hispanic,' perpetrators are listed as simply white/caucasion.

Got to make the numbers look better somehow.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 01/23/13 - 06:37 pm
Ranter #2, Don't forget to regularly clean and oil

... your handgun; you'll be holding on to it for a loooonnnnnng time.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/23/13 - 09:19 pm
Don't Live Here and Read Chronicle?

The ranter said, "IF I WERE CONSIDERING moving to the Augusta area, I could simply pick up a copy of The Chronicle and read the Rants & Raves. I would quickly reconsider. After reading only a few entries I could safely assume that Augusta has the dumbest people on the planet."

Why do you read the Augusta paper if you don't live here? I assume you must live in an area that is much superior intellectually with superb newspapers.

KSL
KSL 01/24/13 - 01:02 am
To ranter #6

Sort of makes Obama's statement Monday statement about his 23 "directives" and saving one life not ring true.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/24/13 - 07:15 am
Talk about dumbest people on

Talk about dumbest people on the planet? Hmmm....consider the intellect of someone who reads a Rant and Rave section of a newspaper to determine the quality of living in a location you are considering moving to. Doesn't sound too bright to me.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/24/13 - 07:30 am
To the Rant

on “Fast and Furious.”

A lot of the national media has quietly sweep the “Fast and Furious” staged event under the rug. When a Government STAGES events to sway public opinion it is a manipulative and deceitful government.

According to Dr. George K. Simon, Jr., Ph.D. psychological manipulation is primarily used for:

1. concealing aggressive intentions and behaviors while conducting them.

2. knowing the psychological vulnerabilities of the victim to determine what tactics are likely to be the most effective to obtain a certain goal.

3. having a sufficient level of ruthlessness, and no qualms about causing great harm to victims if necessary.

So consequently a ruthless manipulator is likely to use any covert or overt aggressive means to reach his ultimate and bigger goal.

Sure sounds more and more like what we are seeing from this administration.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/24/13 - 07:30 am
BTW:

Waiting to see if the full US Supreme court accepts the Obama ID case on Friday Feb 15th.

Currently it is on 1st justices docket.

There is a legal matter whether our President is Barack Hussein Obama or Barry Santos.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/24/13 - 07:46 am
Observation

If a person makes and observation that disproves PC, Liberal, Socialist required views.

That person is accused of hearing it of Fox News, Rush, or Beck.
Usually with the accuser misspells the Media names of 1 or more deliberately.

Or, may be PC'er, Liberals, Socialist learned what they say from CNN, MS-NBC, ABC, CBS, NBC?

WOW! it seems both sides have their own media outlets. So the question boils down to which ones are factual vs. social entertainment media?

WIJG

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 09:02 am
Ohh how I love these rants...lol

Weell now....this is the RANT/rave thread....you do understand RANT don't you......but just like river said...why read this stuff....I would bet $$$ this is the first thing you read & the very reason you visit on this paper....addicting isn't it....hahha
Don't hold your breath waiting for us to go away because of YOUR rant!
lol

harley_52
harley_52 01/24/13 - 09:22 am
"IF I WERE CONSIDERING moving to the Augusta area....

....I could simply pick up a copy of The Chronicle and read the Rants & Raves. I would quickly reconsider. After reading only a few entries I could safely assume that Augusta has the dumbest people on the planet."

Especially those of us so unfortunate as to live in the city of Augusta, or the dreaded Richmond County.

Surrounding counties are the lands of milk and honey with citizens of near-Einstein brilliance.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 09:22 am
This is so true...

Weak schools are a stumbling block for state industry recruiters,

If you read the AJC you would wonder how in ** did some ever make it on the BOE....much less teach in school....Clayton county has lost accreditation & DeKalb county might lose it....who would put their chldren in these schools...insane incompetence & the Governor needs to do something about it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 09:24 am
hahha harley

Intelligence is in the eye of the beholder..

I see many on here spewing over with the smarties...I mean that.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/24/13 - 09:24 am
CSRA

So ranter #4 judges "Augusta" by the R&Rs. Well, anyone can submit a rant on-line. Some of them are from outside the area. Many of them are from outside Richmond County. Ranter #4 is snubbing our entire CSRA and then some.

harley_52
harley_52 01/24/13 - 09:39 am
"insane incompetence....

....& the Governor needs to do something about it."

Are schools better, or worse, than they used to be? Are children naturally stupider than they used to be? Is the federal government more, or less, involved in schools than they used to be? Is there more, or less, liberal influence in teaching our children and running our schools than there used to be? Why does the United States rank well below most Asian and European nations in student performance when we spend more money on education than they do?

Points to ponder.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/24/13 - 09:42 am
Just A Good Morning America.

My book writing and very articulate comment posting friends will cover my one liners feelings today. Have retired work to do but will monitor later.

A Joke before I go:

U. S. Navy destroyer stops four Mexicans in a row boat rowing towards California.

The Captain gets on the loud- hailer and shouts, "Ahoy, small craft. Where are you headed?"

One of the Mexicans puts down his oar, stands up, and shouts, "We are invading the United States of America! to reclaim the territory taken by the USA during the 1800's." The entire crew of the destroyer doubled-over in laughter.
When the Captain is finally able to catch his breath, he gets back on the loud-hailer and asks, "Just the four of you?"
The same Mexican stands up again and shouts, "No, we're the last four. The rest are already there!"

harley_52
harley_52 01/24/13 - 09:46 am
"Well, anyone can submit a rant on-line."

And anyone who pays the fee can comment on the the published rants.

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/24/13 - 09:50 am
I see Hillary went to the

I see Hillary went to the hill and played Sgt. Shultz. "I know nothing....I saw nothing....I heard nothing." She even had to look at her crib sheets on possible questions to get her que to tear up when talking about the caskets.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 01/24/13 - 10:00 am
Two thumbs down

... for facts that are in the public domain. Winston Smith, please call your office.

harley_52
harley_52 01/24/13 - 10:02 am
Hillary Played Them Like A Fiddle...

....Senators and Congressmen were there to make speeches and showboat for the cameras and their constituents. She made them look silly. Her answers were scripted and practiced. Four brave men are dead, our power and prestige in the world is further diminished, our political leadership thumbs their nose at the principles that once made us great and Hillary departs with the praise and admiration of the democrat party.

Ho hum....

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 01/24/13 - 10:04 am
"Surrounding counties

... with citizens of near-Einstein brilliance."

Except a small island of ignorance, Grovetown, where air guns are considered firearms and the cops are dumb enough to believe it as well.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 01/24/13 - 10:10 am
Hillary played her usual

... dominatrix wronged act, and as in every other time she's appeared before Congress, played the "you're beating up on a girl?" card. And they fell all over themselves trying to placate her feelings. As if there was actually a heart in there instead of a cold, calculating chip. Typical, if not archetypal, feminist: wants the power but refuses to accept any responsibility.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 10:11 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 01/24/13 - 10:16 am
Hillary

"Her answers were scripted and practiced."

It's amazing how much rehearsal time a concussion can give you.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/24/13 - 10:21 am
Since the sec of defense has

Since the sec of defense has approved females for front line combat, I suppose I need to register with Selective Service. God knows I can't stand a hypocrite.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/24/13 - 10:22 am
SCHOOLS

Some of us, including SeenIt, are commenting on the article about state schools holding back industry from moving here. But let’s think about it. Are weak schools the culprit or is it what makes the schools weak? I can accurately predict the academic success of schools by knowing the income demographics of a district. Those in lower income districts will have poorer schools. That's been proven over and over with trials of massive cash infusions to poor districts having no effect on test scores. What does that tell you? So let's end that discussion right now of pouring more money into schools.

It's a chicken or egg dilemma, but there is a way to do this. Provide specific tech school training for a prospective employer to potential employees and if part of that is math and English, so be it. That gives the workers the skills to do the job before the industry opens. It also doesn’t mean spending millions on “schools.” The tech school training (preferably at night) is only done for those who apply for the jobs at the proposed industry.

Guaranteed specific job training at tech schools for industries thinking about moving here is the answer. More good paying jobs will result in improved schools according to statistics we’ve all seen. Solve both problems with one approach that is relatively frugal.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 10:33 am
It's a chicken or egg dilemma

Not exactly river.....the voters are voting for incompetent leaders.....take your BOE in Columbia county & put it in Clayton county & you would see great results.....take Clayton county BOE & put it in Columbia county & watch it tumble...

That my friend is happening on a national scale too...as we speak.

harley_52
harley_52 01/24/13 - 10:38 am
Riverman...

You make some excellent points, as usual. I don't think there's any question that "Provid(ing) specific tech school training for a prospective employer to potential employees" would prepare a better workforce for the new industry. Your suggestion has a lot of merit, but we'd need to assess who would actually pay for such training, what would happen when the industry for whom we were training a workforce decided to locate elsewhere, and....most importantly....which of our citizens would receive such training? Those among other issues.

My point was a larger one, but adaptable to your suggestion. I submit that few, if any, of the people who are dragging society down would benefit from a program such as you describe. Why? Because they lack the intellectual background and work knowledge and ethics necessary to either be selected for, or have any chance of successfully completing, the kind of training programs you're suggesting. These people neither want nor need jobs. They think jobs are for fools. So do all their role models.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/24/13 - 10:40 am
Increase in stupidity

Harley asked:

Are children naturally stupider than they used to be?

There have been peer-reviewed studies published that say just that. Just think back to early days of man's history — if you were not smart, you were killed by a saber-toothed tiger or a hippopotamus or crocodile or another human. If you were not smart, you did not eat well and were subject to die earlier than those who were smarter than you.

Today, we coddle, protect, and subsidize the non-smart. We entitle them. We give them EBT cards. We give them free medical care. We give them heating and air-conditioning allowances. We give them meals on wheels. We give them free cell phones. We who give the non-smart these things are not so smart, ourselves!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/13 - 10:50 am
Good post Llamb

Some may not like it but it makes sense to me..

Will the weakest in America destroy us....is it happening now...

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/24/13 - 10:56 am
Ignorance..

is in the eye of the beholder
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Fire Department raises sought

The Augusta Fire Depart­ment will present a pay raise proposal for firefighters and administrators to the county’s public safety committee Monday.